Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Replacements

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

The Replacements

Thought about starting up a thread about these guys a while back but never got around to it. Faced with homework I'd rather not do atm I figured nows a good a time as any. Probably one of my favorite bands though I haven't listened to their entire catalog much but have been a big fan since Nike first branded it's swoosh. Even was lucky enough to have an older sister take me to see them when I around 11 or so. Who can argue with a song about drinking beer for breakfast?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Let It Be and Tim are as good as any records...ever. And I will take that to my grave.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Let It Be and Tim are as good as any records...ever. And I will take that to my grave.
    ^This Tim is one of my favorite go to albums and just albums of all time.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm still searching for a copy of Let It Be on vinyl. The original one that is.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I have STINK on vinyl but the one time i burned a cone incense it melted through the top of my player and two of my albums STINK being on of them, still makes me sad to this day.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    pleased to meet me was great packing music for a move this year... probably my favorite of the lot, but that holy trinity is pretty untouchable.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    I have STINK on vinyl but the one time i burned a cone incense it melted through the top of my player and two of my albums STINK being on of them, still makes me sad to this day.
    Ouch man, if I had done that to my copy of Tim I would have gone apeshit!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Love this fucking band. I think they should be required listening for anyone who says they like rock at all in 2012; I hear the Replacements in almost every successful guitar band these days. Between the lyrics, the musicianship, and the way their sound evolved from record to record, these guys really did have it all. I'm amazed that so few people stan for them on the internet, their catalogue seems to be kind of immune to the whole retro-revival thing. Leave the hipsters to their Gang of Four records, I guess. If you don't know the Replacements, chances are all the people in your favourite bands do.

Here's a totally ripshit cover of "Another Girl, Another Planet".

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Aaaaand they broke up again. : /

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So I guess that t-shirt Paul Westerberg was wearing confirmed it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Love this band, with Let It Be/Tim/Pleased to Meet Me being my favorite.

I also think their later-day albums Don't Tell a Soul and All Shook Down are very good and underrated. I have the 2008 CD's which have a ton of bonus material.

I've also always loved the movie Singles and Westerberg's songs from that movie and his film score. The show Friends was loosely based on that movie, btw.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    So glad I caught them live only last week... even if only for the last 25 minutes of the show (due to clash at a festival).

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I am glad I saw them twice on this recent NA run. That said, I am not surprised the band broke up again.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    There is a new Don't Tell a Soul boxset called Dead Man's Pop. There is the original, rawer mix of the album included, plus a live show and other goodies.