Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2264

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Throw my card into the hat as well for Halloween. What a breath of fresh air (even if its a sequel) for the genre...my only complaint were some of the over acted scenes like where JLC is loading the shotguns and gives a brief description of what each gun is meant for. Other than that, I loved everything else.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I posted this in the vinyl collector's thread but I'll post it here too for extra appreciation:

In other news I just bought two movies on blu-ray.

Those being both the critically acclaimed Hereditary and Mandy. I am excited to watch both!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Went to see the Suspiria remake last night. It was a bizarre and engrossing film. I can't even compare it to the original (which I love) because it's such a different experience overall. Half the audience (including a couple that brought their three young kids with them...what the fuck?) walked out before it was over. I guess they were expecting something more like the recent Halloween sequel, which this was definitely not. Anyway, it was a top notch film with great performances, beautiful camera work and choreography, and a solid score by Thom Yorke. It's a LONG film, but very rewarding if you're willing to see it through till the end.

Since I mentioned it, I also saw the new Halloween film a couple weeks ago, and I thought it was fairly disappointing. For a film that was branded as going back to the basics, it sure seemed to borrow a lot from the films that followed the original in terms of making things way too complicated for no good reason. That said, there were some good scenes in it, Carpenter's update of his original themes worked, and it was nice to see Jamie Lee Curtis in Sarah Connor mode, even though she wasn't given enough to do until the last act. I wanted more with her and less with those idiotic podcasters and Michael's doctor.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The podcasters were fine, and they were in the movie for a minimal time and served their purpose on how Michael gets his mask. The doctors purposes was fulfilled but his arc I did not like.

I don’t really look at rotten tomatoes to judge a movie by its quality, but this time around, I think it’s accurately portraying how people feel about it. 75% liked it, 25% didn’t.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Watched Suspiria last night and absolutely loved it!!! It really resonated with me on many levels, this is exactly the kind of horror I enjoy the most, a little bit artsy, weird, nuanced, but still delivering some good scares. There is one twist in the story I didn't care for, so it's not quite flawless, but man, it came really close!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Watched Suspiria last night and absolutely loved it!!! It really resonated with me on many levels, this is exactly the kind of horror I enjoy the most, a little bit artsy, weird, nuanced, but still delivering some good scares. There is one twist in the story I didn't care for, so it's not quite flawless, but man, it came really close!
    the new one or the original?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the new one or the original?
    Sorry, the new one

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Halloween drops on 4k January 19, 2019 and unless I see anything better, the BestBuy steelbook is the way to go for me. I rarely buy movies anymore but this will be an exception.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Halloween drops on 4k January 19, 2019 and unless I see anything better, the BestBuy steelbook is the way to go for me. I rarely buy movies anymore but this will be an exception.

Not a big fan of steel books. I love the art though. The logo also looks awesome.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Sorry, the new one
    no need to apologize! i was just curious. my friend justin did NOT like the new one at all. i just saw the original for the first time a couple weeks ago and i'm very curious about the new one.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i just saw the original for the first time a couple weeks ago and i'm very curious about the new one.
    All I can say is...don't go into it expecting Argento's original film, because it's definitely not that film.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Watching this last month again from my collection give me my appreciation and recommendation post tonight.

If you haven't watched it, do it!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Not a big fan of steel books. I love the art though. The logo also looks awesome.
    The logo is what’s turning my off from picking up the steelbook. I’m going original since it’s poster art and it will fit in theme wise with my 15 disk box set and 4k of 78.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    The logo is what’s turning my off from picking up the steelbook. I’m going original since it’s poster art and it will fit in theme wise with my 15 disk box set and 4k of 78.
    Yeah, my expensive Scream Factory! Box Set is not obsolete due to this film. what a surprise? Not.

For this interested,

New Soska Sisters Rabid remake Footage

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Just watched Hereditary on Christmas night and holy shit - that was disturbing and crazy and I loved it. It reminded me of the The VVitch in a lot of ways, though the emotional trauma around death and coping hit home as well. I need to watch it again because I feel like there were clues that I didn't pay attention to that I should have.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Hereditary is up there as one of the years best no doubt.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Went to see my folks last weekend and we watched Halloween. Everyone loved it! I must say that it's a joy to see my parents who are in their 60s having so much fun watching horror movies. My mom is screaming constantly which makes my dad and I jump more than the actual movie.
    Anyways, Halloween was definitely fun to watch.

I also caught Hell Fest yesterday which I thought was a bit overrated. I guess it was a good slasher movie but since I had seen Blood Fest like a month ago, it didn't feel fresh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I've got those too...best bet is to do what I did. Preorder both versions lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Poster unveiling......

I hope this is great! I used to get these from the library when I was in elementary school in the 90's and I fell in love with the creepy, wispy art and the fun stories. My grandmother got me the full collection this Christmas as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    honestly i kind of wish they had actually let him die at the end and we weren't getting a sequel (and i loved the new movie). :: shrug ::

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Mehhhh.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Mehhhh.

Yeah, totally not feeling that.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Guess Aubrey Plaza really needed a paycheck. Her taste is usually much better than this.

That was Plaza right?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 02-21-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I watched Overlord tonight. I thought it was fantastic. Started off slowly as WWII action movie but about midway through, the gore switch was turned on and it went balls to the wall. I thought it was great. Definitely fun to watch and entertaining as hell. Solid 8/10 as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Have any of you guys seen Dagon, a 2001 film? It's quite unmistakably a b-movie, with mostly bad acting and some of the worst cgi 2001 could offer (thankfully very sparsely used), but I'll be damned if it's not one of the best Lovecraft adaptations that you can enjoy. It's loosely based on "Shadow over Innsmouth" and despite its flaws, it actually gets a lot right about the atmosphere. Check it out if you like Lovecraftian lore.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Have any of you guys seen Dagon, a 2001 film? It's quite unmistakably a b-movie, with mostly bad acting and some of the worst cgi 2001 could offer (thankfully very sparsely used), but I'll be damned if it's not one of the best Lovecraft adaptations that you can enjoy. It's loosely based on "Shadow over Innsmouth" and despite its flaws, it actually gets a lot right about the atmosphere. Check it out if you like Lovecraftian lore.
    I have and its good!
    Nothing to "scream about", but much better than "Necronomicon: Book of the Dead".

In my opinion the best Lovecraft film adaptation is "The Call of Cthulhu" (2005), it does recreate that "old movie" style.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 03-02-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    God damn ‘Us’ was craaaazy.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah, I really really enjoyed Us. The chanting from the score is still stuck in my head and the imagery from the underground is sticking as well.