Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2270

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Going tonight, can't fuckin' wait man. Halloween is still my favorite horror movie of all time, first saw it in 1986 and it freaked me the fuck out. Managed to score two of the Mondo print drops today as well, though seeing a charge for like $180USD on my credit card will be a swift kick in my nuts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I woke up like a kid on Christmas this morning and drove straight to my nearest theater and caught the first matinee of Halloween. I really enjoyed this movie, and I'm making plans to see it again tomorrow night with some friends. This is probably the best sequel in the entire franchise and it's got a lot of positive aspects going for it: The score, Jamie Lee Curtis knocking it out of the park, the tracking shot (an absolute highlight), and Michael Myers has never been more foreboding and frightening. There's some comic relief that works and some that doesn't, and the film moves at a fast pace and could have slowed down a bit, but those are minor gripes. I'm very happy with how this movie turned out and would definitely recommend it to any Halloween fans or slasher movie fans.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I'm gonna go see Halloween next week. Can't wait reviews are all positive so far.

Just finished Unfriended: Dark Web.
    I actually thought it was better than the first one. I will I like the way they are doing these movies. Very original. This one was a solid 7 out of 10.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Man, the urge to go see this movie again is hitting me hard right now. Maybe closer to actual Halloween.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    We started watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix last night and we couldn't stop, until it was almost morning and we were halfway done with the series. Holy shit what an excellent ghost story!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    We started watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix last night and we couldn't stop, until it was almost morning and we were halfway done with the series. Holy shit what an excellent ghost story!!!
    My wife and I are hooked, too! Have you seen episode 6 yet? It’s incredible. I really want to know how many takes some of those scenes took in order to get right, and how much rehearsal went into it. I don’t think the first cut happens until almost 16 minutes into the episode.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Episode 6 was nuts. The scare in episode 8 made my wife and I nearly shit ourselves. The finale was fantastic. Hoping it gets renewed, though as a Spoiler: sort of anthology series, a la AHS. I feel the Crain family's story wrapped up nicely.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Oh, so THIS is where people are talking about "Halloween". I went to the "What are you watching" thread last night to post that I went and read what other people thought, and to my surprise, not a single other person was talking about it.

Saw it last night, and loved it. Last night I gave it a 9/10, but I might dial that down a bit to an 8.5, but a very, very solid movie. The best "blockbuster movie" I've seen all year, easily. This year has been pretty disappointing for me. The only movie's I've enjoyed up until now were smaller/indie movies that didn't have a super wild release. But this movie, captured me from start to finish. Not a single dull moment at all. I loved every minute of it. I was hooked from the start. Very, very good movie. Story could have used a little more fleshing out or time to breath as someone said, as once Michael starts to kill again (and it's pretty early on), he doesn't stop and the whole movie is just a killfest from that point on (not a huge complaint at all. It was very suspenseful), but at the end of the day... it's a slasher flick based on a late 1970's/early 80s horror franchise. So it can only be so deep.

Now I want to see a Jason VS Michael movie. or a Freddy VS Michael movie. Doubt they'll ever do another cross-over like that. Between Jason or Michael, I've always been more of a Jason/FD13th fan, but this movie made me like Mr. Myers a little more. Great stuff.

As a kid, I always got a laugh at how Michael Myers, the horror movie serial killer and the real life comedian always shared the same name, haha. Too funny of a coincidence there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Halloween: my only real issue is that one character, performance-wise, seems to belong to a tonally completely different film, and it's just distracting enough to somewhat cheapen a potentially pretty impactful subplot. That aside, it's hands down the best one since the original (Season Of the Witch is still my personal favorite of the sequels, but... you know, it doesn't really count) for the reasons already mentioned above. Great direction, cinematography and score, an awesome Michael and an outstanding JLC.

Amazing ending, too, until the inevitable sequel ruins it. Oh well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just got back from Halloween now. As others have chimed in I loved it and thought it was a great movie. Intense and brooding the entire time. I have nothing to add onto what others have said without repeating everyone.

Great stuff. Gonna open my OST vinyl I bought yesterday and listen to it tonight.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-21-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    took myself to a friday matinee of Halloween (took the day off for mental health, my mom had to put our family dog to sleep while i was in the movie...rough day)
    i can't wait to see it again

just watched happy death day and loved it. sadly saw the trailer for the sequel before halloween, which ruined who the killer is in the first one, but thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    We recorded a spoiler-free review of Halloween 2018 yesterday for our podcast, and stack-ranked it against the rest of the franchise. I just finished editing it. It’ll be up at midnight ET at:

Apple/iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...s/id1436418182

Android: https://subscribeonandroid.com/thesw.../feed/podcast/

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1Ns8RZAKPscbT3ruoWIv5Y

Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-swearwolves

www.theswearwolves.com

And pretty much every other podcast aggregator.

We also reviewed Hell Fest... but that episode will be released next week.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The score is awesome. I hope a full one releases as the movie had some cues not on the retail release.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Copped the target practice shirt.

After inspiration from the movie (and my old 2009 Halloween II shirts being too small and old) I bought The Shape's Mask on the right.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    The score is awesome. I hope a full one releases as the movie had some cues not on the retail release.
    Loved the music that played while the daughter ran from house to house knocking on doors.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Agree about Halloween. Really enjoyed it. Some silliness doesn't hold up to realistic scrutiny like all horror movies, but alot of it does at the same time. Nice little twist happens as well that helps explains some things.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Michael is finally scary again( and a little to evil, one kill stuck with me the whole movie; it was one of two things I didn’t like about the movie.
    which kill were you referring to here? you should spoiler tag it for people but i'm curious to know. i kept waiting for something to really fuck me up the whole movie but they all seemed pretty much the same level of horrific in my eyes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Was it the first time that Spoiler: he actually killed a kid onscreen? I imagine that would feel a bit off for some. It definitely surprised me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    which kill were you referring to here? you should spoiler tag it for people but i'm curious to know. i kept waiting for something to really fuck me up the whole movie but they all seemed pretty much the same level of horrific in my eyes.
    I assume he means the Spoiler: head stomp to Dr. Sartain near the end. He also might mean the kid in the truck with the dad. Oddly enough my favorite kill was a simple one. It was the one with the woman closing the blinds and he stabs her in the neck and the blade goes through the other side.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Loved the music that played while the daughter ran from house to house knocking on doors.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Add me to the list of people who loved Halloween (2018). My only real complaint was some of the misplaced humor ("Oh shit!"), but other than that, I thought it was great.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Just watched The Killing of a Sacred Deer. It's fucking excellent.
    It's by the same director who did The Lobster and Dogtooth.

It's a WEIRD fucking movie. It's farcical, absurd, and surreal at points.

This one is so much more than a horror movie. It's not great because it's scary, although it's pretty fucking chilling.

It's just a great, highly original movie.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Spoiler

Saw the new Halloween movie a couple of days ago and man that’s what you call a R-rated movie ! Myers was brutal and that scene in the bathroom with the teeth, fucking terrifying. Although My favorite scene was when that fat kid got stuck and killed on the fence and then the music came on, that song is incredible for that particular scene.

Even though the story doesn’t really ever change it still was great. 8.0

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Safe to say the ETS crowd verdict for the 2018 Halloween film is positive.

Great!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid i, too, got a kick out of Unfriended: Dark Web.

I think it's a fucking brilliant idea that's just INSANELY urgently relevant. The movie is experienced through computer and phone screens, like a lot of our lives are, and the fears are real-the fear of people getting hold of our data in various ways or watching us through our cameras.

I just think it would have been WAY more effective as a series of YouTube videos or something is the only thing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    wow, im really surprised anyone who's a fan of the original enjoyed this recent entry. it was terrible, just compete garbage...no diff from how poor 4, 5, 6, H20 etc. it was a jumbled mess, there was no pace, no sense of dread, unnecessary story lines, stupid one liners, the scene with the dr was up there with worst in franchise history. the comical inflatable pumpkin during the opening set the tone for what was just a massive disappointment.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Disregarding the post above me, the new Mondo Tees pin I bought for my vest is awesome!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    In other news,

Ahead of last Wednesday’s Halloween episode of “The Goldbergs,” wherein Robert Englund stars as Freddy Krueger, Englund appeared on Access Live this afternoon, and he was naturally asked if he’d ever be up for playing Freddy one more time in another Nightmare on Elm Street film. Englund has been asked this same question multiple times over the years, but his answer this time was a little bit different. It seems he may not be fully retired after all.

“I think they want to reboot the franchise, but they’re gonna need a new actor,” Englund told the show’s hosts. “They’re gonna need a new actor to play Freddy because they’re gonna have to do eight of them. I might have one left in me… but yeah.”

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    wow, im really surprised anyone who's a fan of the original enjoyed this recent entry. it was terrible, just compete garbage...no diff from how poor 4, 5, 6, H20 etc. it was a jumbled mess, there was no pace, no sense of dread, unnecessary story lines, stupid one liners, the scene with the dr was up there with worst in franchise history. the comical inflatable pumpkin during the opening set the tone for what was just a massive disappointment.
    It’s a divisive film for sure. But I think the rotten tomatoes scores and fan opinion match it.

Pretty much anyone who only likes the first one hate it, anyone who just enjoys the franchise likes it.