Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    So Oculus is decent? I thought the trailer looked like Mirrors 3. Maybe I'll have to give it a rent:

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I usually browse imdb by genre and year. Does the job.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw The Possession of Michael King last night, and it was surprisingly decent. You might want to check that out.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Saw The Possession of Michael King last night, and it was surprisingly decent. You might want to check that out.
    You know, I was tempted to by the Blu-ray since it was semi-cheap but I chickened out since I didn't know if I liked it. That's good to hear but eh, doubt I'd buy it.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I've been looking for a particular movie that I, for the love of god, cannot remember the title.

Here's what I remember of the previews I saw years ago.
    Woman tied to a chair in a room. She is sitting in front of a TV and someone is making her watch something.
    I believe the title of the movie is a female's first name.
    Anyone have any idea which movie I'm talking about? I could try to be more vague ..

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well, I bought this along with Hannibal season 2 at Best Buy, upon my friend's recommendation.

I also bought American Pyscho today from Target for 5.00. Finally upgraded from DVD.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Have you guys seen they are making another "VHS" movie? (VHS Viral)

Personally, i liked the first one a lot but the second one disappointed me, they went for the shock value rather than making creepy stories, only story i liked from V/H/S/2 is "Safe Heaven" (and the ending is so dumb...), i want this one to be more on the vein of the first movie...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Totally agree with you. Second one was not as good but not bad by all means.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    oh, fuck me! usa network used to play it constantly on that up all night thing. it's so awful, but holds a place in my 80's-child heart.

there was another one, 'spookies,' that i remember vividly. a kid dies in the beginning by being buried alive -- a KID. also, ON HIS FUCKING BIRTHDAY.

whew. i loved that movie, fart monsters and all.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spookies
    Last edited by kel; 09-23-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Here's another from the 80s which I kinda liked, Chopping Malls
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 09-24-2014 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Picture vanished

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I watched "The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh" last night. Avoid.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I really want to see The Guest. It looks great, is getting good reviews and I dug the director's last one, You're Next, a lot. Of course, it didn't open near here!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Look what I bought.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Why did the Hellraiser series have to go to shit after the second one?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Because the studio that owned the title (I'm pretty sure it's Dimension) didn't respect the franchise. Especially if you compare it to how New Line handled Nightmare on Elm Street. You can tell if the people in charge don't give a shit.

The last one, 2011's Revelations was so bad that it actually got good! I know you think you know what "bad" means, but this is just so. fucking. bad. that even Doug Bradley couldn't stomach it and it has some chubby asshole playing Pinhead! Amazing!!! Highly recommended!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hey guys, shocker.....

I've never seen a Hellraiser film.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    The last one, 2011's Revelations was so bad that it actually got good! I know you think you know what "bad" means, but this is just so. fucking. bad. that even Doug Bradley couldn't stomach it and it has some chubby asshole playing Pinhead! Amazing!!! Highly recommended!

And to think, I hesitated.

I’m obviously a fan, but Hellraiser: Revelations was painful to watch, and not in a good way.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Yes, it was terribly painful, but I thought in a good way. I guess I don't see the line between pleasure and pain anymore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Whoa, whoa. I like the third one, too.

I'll never understand why people shit all over it. Yeah, the cenobites sucked, but Pinhead was good in it and that Paula Marshall is a cutie.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Some of the issue with the Hellraiser film series was that creator Clive Barker had little to no involvement in the series after the first film. The second film was still pretty good, and on their own (in a vacuum) some of the other films were okay, but from film to film the franchise often floundered and overall lost most sense of cohesion and direction as they bounced between different writers and directors. Noteworthy also is this article from about a year ago.

On October 24, 2013, Clive Barker stated that he will be directing and writing the reboot of the franchise with actor Doug Bradley attached to play Pinhead yet again.

If handled right, I think there is still very fertile ground for the franchise.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So I have my October planned for movies and TV shows:

American Horror Story: Asylum
    American Horror Story: Freakshow (On FX starting the 8th)
    From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series
    The Walking Dead
    Tales from the Crypt
    Hannibal: Season 2 (Rewatch if I get around to it)

Motel Hell (watched last night)
    Pumpkinhead
    SAW series (1-Final Chapter)
    Jacob's Ladder
    Halloween (any to all)
    Nightmare on Elm Street (1-New Nightmare)
    Scream series (1-4)
    Curse of Chucky
    Wrong Turn series (1 and 2 only)
    Jeepers Creepers series (If I buy it)
    Planet Terror
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    The Howling (need to buy it)
    Universal Monsters Collection (What I posted a few posts up)
    Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
    American Psycho
    V/H/S
    Candyman
    The Shining

Still building a list!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-02-2014 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm playing it by ear, so nothing definite. Last night was Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (not strictly horror but one of my favourites) and it will probably be a Hammer night tonight, most likely a Dracula installment.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    For my "Monster Madness" i plan to watch mostly "originals and sequels":

- "The Exorcist": Part 1,2,3 and Beginning (specially part 3, who i'm obsessed with since i was a kid...)
    - "Psycho" series (my favorite of them is part 2)
    - "Friday the 13th series" (For those i'm only watching the first 4 films in a row, i love how they connect...)
    - "The Omen" series (No remakes)
    - "Amityville" series (No remakes either)

I hope i have the time for all of them, if i finish before Halloween i'll try to check some other classics like "Texas Chainsaw Masacre", "Candyman", "Hellraiser", "Evil Dead" and some Argento

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Here's two long shot requests. I mean real long.
    I guess some of you die hard horror fans may recognize the following two movies. I've seen them both like 15 or 20 years ago. One on cable tv, one on vhs tape my dad borrowed from someone.
    The only thing I remember about movie #1 is that there was an incredible amount of insects, maggots, which were eating some people from inside entirely, yet they still were able to walk and maybe talk until their flesh fell apart.
    The only thing I remember about movie #2 is that in a final scene an evil guy possessing some evil powers kills a person (i think it was a girl) by shooting a playing card (or maybe it was tarot card) into her forehead (not touching it of course).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Googling says that #2 is Sometimes They Come Back Again, no idea about the first movie.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Got the Universal Monsters Collection today!

However my OCD nature is running wild since they packaged it like an asshole. In STANDARD MANILLA ENVELOPE = banged, bended and smashed side. Not too pleased with that considering I spent $40.00 on this NEW to only have a damaged product since they couldn't bother to mail it in a BOX. >: (

Oh well, I'm keeping it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Got the Universal Monsters Collection today!

However my OCD nature is running wild since they packaged it like an asshole. In STANDARD MANILLA ENVELOPE = banged, bended and smashed side. Not too pleased with that considering I spent $40.00 on this NEW to only have a damaged product since they couldn't bother to mail it in a BOX. >: (

Oh well, I'm keeping it.
    If it's as big as the picture you posted I don't even see how they managed to fit into an envelope. That's the kind of lazy/careless that ends up taking more work than if they did it the right way to begin with.

OT: Is anyone planning on seeing Horns later this month? No idea how much the movie is going to bend towards being horror, but the book it's based on definitely was for the most part and I'm tentatively hopeful for it. I'm a big fan of the author, Joe Hill, and am crossing my fingers that if this does well then his first book, Heart-Shaped Box, gets a film adaptation.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    OT: Is anyone planning on seeing Horns later this month? No idea how much the movie is going to bend towards being horror, but the book it's based on definitely was for the most part and I'm tentatively hopeful for it. I'm a big fan of the author, Joe Hill, and am crossing my fingers that if this does well then his first book, Heart-Shaped Box, gets a film adaptation.
    I'm just getting to know Joe Hill's body of work, but i found the "Locke and Key" comics exceptional, never read his novels but i'm very interested on doing it sometime.
    Now that i know that "Horns" is based on his work i'm interested, definitely i'm going to check it out!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Isn't Heart-Shaped Box a short story anthology though? Maybe they will adapt a few of the stories from it.

Looks like Sleepaway Camp 2 (these movies are always hysterical) and Dracula, Prince of Darkness for me tonight.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Annabelle is coming out this weekend! Might catch a late screening this Saturday.