Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1484

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

  1. #1411
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,384
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Poster unveiling......



    I hope this is great! I used to get these from the library when I was in elementary school in the 90's and I fell in love with the creepy, wispy art and the fun stories. My grandmother got me the full collection this Christmas as well.

  2. #1412
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,965
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

  3. #1413
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,277
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    honestly i kind of wish they had actually let him die at the end and we weren't getting a sequel (and i loved the new movie). :: shrug ::

  4. #1414
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,965
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Mehhhh.


  5. #1415
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,384
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Mehhhh.

    Yeah, totally not feeling that.

  6. #1416
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,581
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Guess Aubrey Plaza really needed a paycheck. Her taste is usually much better than this.

    That was Plaza right?

  7. #1417
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,965
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 02-21-2019 at 11:45 AM.

  8. #1418
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I watched Overlord tonight. I thought it was fantastic. Started off slowly as WWII action movie but about midway through, the gore switch was turned on and it went balls to the wall. I thought it was great. Definitely fun to watch and entertaining as hell. Solid 8/10 as far as I'm concerned.

  9. #1419
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Have any of you guys seen Dagon, a 2001 film? It's quite unmistakably a b-movie, with mostly bad acting and some of the worst cgi 2001 could offer (thankfully very sparsely used), but I'll be damned if it's not one of the best Lovecraft adaptations that you can enjoy. It's loosely based on "Shadow over Innsmouth" and despite its flaws, it actually gets a lot right about the atmosphere. Check it out if you like Lovecraftian lore.

  10. #1420
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,145
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Have any of you guys seen Dagon, a 2001 film? It's quite unmistakably a b-movie, with mostly bad acting and some of the worst cgi 2001 could offer (thankfully very sparsely used), but I'll be damned if it's not one of the best Lovecraft adaptations that you can enjoy. It's loosely based on "Shadow over Innsmouth" and despite its flaws, it actually gets a lot right about the atmosphere. Check it out if you like Lovecraftian lore.
    I have and its good!
    Nothing to "scream about", but much better than "Necronomicon: Book of the Dead".

    In my opinion the best Lovecraft film adaptation is "The Call of Cthulhu" (2005), it does recreate that "old movie" style.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 03-02-2019 at 03:04 PM.

  11. #1421
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,965
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    God damn ‘Us’ was craaaazy.

  12. #1422
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,714
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Yeah, I really really enjoyed Us. The chanting from the score is still stuck in my head and the imagery from the underground is sticking as well.

  13. #1423
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    I loved Us as well.

    And to toot my own horn a little, I figured out most of it before the end.

    Great script. Great performances.

  14. #1424
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,444
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Count me as one of the ones who left Us rather underwhelmed. The performances were good, but I found myself leaving the theater thinking “That’s it?” Many of the parts I found very predictable. There were also a few moments that just fell flat. Lastly, Spoiler: The exposition right at the end of the film explaining the plot just felt like lazy writing to me. Then the “twist” at the end was just . . . disappointing? I had predicted that at the beginning of the film, but it seemed just too obvious that I guess I had expected something a little more original

    For me personally, I thought it was a bit mediocre, which is a shame because I was so looking forward to this film and it had started off so promising when the shadows first appeared. 6/10

  15. #1425
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    892
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I love The Conjuring universe...


  16. #1426
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,416
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    I caught one called The Endless, that I liked quite a bit. It's very original, and has a bit of a Lovecraftian vibe. @Deepvoid , I think you'd like it. It's one of those that isn't like, the best thing I've ever seen, but it's reasonably good.

  17. #1427
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,965
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Saw franchise to be rebooted/continued with direction on the new franchise from uhh... Chris Rock

  18. #1428
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Saw franchise to be rebooted/continued with direction on the new franchise from uhh... Chris Rock
    ...wait what?

  19. #1429
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,277
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...wait what?

  20. #1430
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,581
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    well that's certainly one way to generate attention for the project.

  21. #1431
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,581
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    from the director of Hereditary. Looks like another great one from A24:



    I mean...i THINK this is going to be a horror movie in some way.

  22. #1432
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    from the director of Hereditary. Looks like another great one from A24:



    I mean...i THINK this is going to be a horror movie in some way.
    Cannot wait for that, Hereditary was hands down my favorite horror movie in the last couple of years.

  23. #1433
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,918
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    ^^
    The Wicker Man meets Vikings. I dig it immensely.

  24. #1434
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Saw the trailer infront of John Wick and it really freaked me out, so it'll probably be great!

  25. #1435
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,277
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    this article reads as if i wrote it hahaha

    i am notorious for reading wiki summaries of movies i know i'm not going to be able to watch (like hereditary)

  26. #1436
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    892
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I love The Conjuring universe...


  27. #1437
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,416
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    So, apparently, everyone at Cannes loved The Lighthouse, Robert Eggers' follow-up to The VVitch, and there's already Oscar talk. (it's also from A24.)
    https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/th...rs-1202143052/

    I also hear there's another one coming from the director of The Babadook?

    So, we have The Lighthouse, Midsommar, and the babadook follow up coming, and, that's fucking great.

  28. #1438
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,965
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    *breathes heavily*


  29. #1439
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    *breathes heavily*

    Hopefully they're discussing how to make the sequel better, because last year's film was pretty mediocre in my opinion.

  30. #1440
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ma was awesome, exceeded any low expectations and delivered in ways I did not expect it to go.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Count me as one of the ones who left Us rather underwhelmed. The performances were good, but I found myself leaving the theater thinking “That’s it?” Many of the parts I found very predictable. There were also a few moments that just fell flat. Lastly, Spoiler: The exposition right at the end of the film explaining the plot just felt like lazy writing to me. Then the “twist” at the end was just . . . disappointing? I had predicted that at the beginning of the film, but it seemed just too obvious that I guess I had expected something a little more original

    For me personally, I thought it was a bit mediocre, which is a shame because I was so looking forward to this film and it had started off so promising when the shadows first appeared. 6/10
    I'm with ya and sadly felt it was worse than Get Out, which I also wanted to love. That said, the actors deliver and do great. It's either his directing and/or story flow that just doesn't work for me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions