Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49
Results 1,441 to 1,467 of 1467

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Hopefully they're discussing the sequel, because last year's film was hella fun.
    Agreed!

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/steven-spielberg-quibi-jeffrey-katzenberg-horror-1203237395/

Steven Spielberg is penning a horror series for Quibi that users will only be able to see when their phone knows itís dark outside, founder Jeffrey Katzenberg said on Sunday.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    ^^
    Oye vey, all those subtle references to The Shining... /sarcasim

I still have hope but... yeah.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Also...

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    ^^^ didn't they already remake black christmas a few years ago? with michelle trachtenberg in it?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ^^^ didn't they already remake black christmas a few years ago? with michelle trachtenberg in it?
    Yeah I think so, it was like a decade ago or something, only reason I remember is they shot it here in Vancouver.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    *breathes heavily*

Halloween 2 to begin filming this fall, set for release on Oct. 16, 2020.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    So, word is that the new Child's Play movie is actually fantastic, and they did an excellent job making it campy fun...

I wasn't going to see it, because I think it's shitty how they fucked over Don Mancini (he's still making the Chucky movies for crying out loud), but now I'm intrigued.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    That trailer was so terrible that I dont trust those reviews sorry. It really looks like garbage.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    I finally saw Bone Tomahawk, but I just don't see how it's a horror movie.
    It's a western that has a couple of insanely gory scenes, within like, five minutes of each other?
    It's a damn fine movie, though, and, I guess it's considered a horror movie

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    So, word is that the new Child's Play movie is actually fantastic, and they did an excellent job making it campy fun...

I wasn't going to see it, because I think it's shitty how they fucked over Don Mancini (he's still making the Chucky movies for crying out loud), but now I'm intrigued.

Thoughts?
    Minimal to no interest, even now. Stupid reboot for no reason whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    That trailer was so terrible that I dont trust those reviews sorry. It really looks like garbage.
    Mediocre trailer that didn't sell me on the new universe. I doubt I'll bother watching.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    For anyone who's a fan of Candyman

How we made Candyman: 'I got a $1,000 bonus for every bee sting'

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...todd-bee-sting

Just to touch on Child's Play, i've heard nothing but good things about it, from fans of the original and new comers...and i'm honestly shocked it's getting so much good press (i've not seen it, that doll absolutely TERRIFIED my childhood, so i'm not sure my over active imagination would survive it lol)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I watched Annabelle Comes Home last night...

To start with, I almost didn't go, because I HATED the Nun so much that I was done with this franchise, I really felt that they were just cashing in on horror-fan loyalty. I swore that I would only go to the next movie if it actually got positive reviews and word of mouth.

Good news, it's absolutely worth seeing! I really enjoyed it, it was a fun, summer popcorn haunted house ride with surprisingly likable characters and lots of cool spirits and scares. Loved it!

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Remember the Saw reboot that Chris Rock was firing up? He and Samuel L Jackson are starring in it.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Halloween 2 to begin filming this fall, set for release on Oct. 16, 2020.
    Here's an even crazier report floating around. There are actually apparently going to be two sequels, shot back to back... and both​ released in October 2020.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Midsommar was pretty enjoyable.
    It didn't hit me in the head like Hereditary but it was still a beautiful film in terms of the technical side of movie making. Great performances.
    Very minor complaints. Ari Aster is on to great things.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Just got home from Midsommar. Wow. As said, Aster is absolutely killing it. The ambition on display in this alone is reason enough to see it. I've never seen anything like this. There are some parallels to Wicker Man but thats it.

It's an intense look at grief (like Hereditary) as well as how relationships end in break-up. This is even less of a traditional horror movie than Hereditary was. I dont know that I would call this horror really despite some big time gore at times. Great performances, especially from Florence Pugh. Some good comic relief at times too. Only teeny tiny complaint is the length. Movie is 2 hours and 20 minutes. With some editing down of certain repetitious sequences, you could have trimmed 10 or more minutes off this thing without missing a beat.

Can't wait to see what Aster does next.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Just got home from Midsommar. Wow. As said, Aster is absolutely killing it. The ambition on display in this alone is reason enough to see it. I've never seen anything like this. There are some parallels to Wicker Man but thats it.

It's an intense look at grief (like Hereditary) as well as how relationships end in break-up. This is even less of a traditional horror movie than Hereditary was. I dont know that I would call this horror really despite some big time gore at times. Great performances, especially from Florence Pugh. Some good comic relief at times too. Only teeny tiny complaint is the length. Movie is 2 hours and 20 minutes. With some editing down of certain repetitious sequences, you could have trimmed 10 or more minutes off this thing without missing a beat.

Can't wait to see what Aster does next.
    On a scale of 1 to shouting the alphabet from beginning to end in a giant pissed off tirade, how much did you feel like Nicolas Cage was going to appear randomly with a bee mask around his head?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Hell yes.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Crawl was a lot of fun guys! As someone who lived in Florida for almost two decades and lived through a fair amount of hurricanes, I felt a lot of it... it was a good balance of goofy and tense, a perfect summer popcorn horror creature flick.

Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Huge random recommendation here, but I really suggest anyone with a Shudder account watch Found Footage 3D. It's genuinely hilarious and scary, and it's way smarter than you think it's going to be. I also really encourage you to NOT watch the trailer, just trust me and watch the movie. It's great.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    I watched one last night called Braid. It was a little overly ambiguous, but, man, the camera work and cinematography were fucking nuts

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Scary Stories is really fun. It’s got the same feel as Trick r Treat. Sadly, there was almost nobody in the theater so I hope it’s just because we went to an early show because I’d love to see sequels.