Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2270

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Ok, so if you haven't seen Creepshow season 2 ep. 3, I really highly suggest that. That was really just incredible. It's worth getting Shudder just to see this one episode.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Oh yeah! Just give it to me!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Who didn’t see this line coming out of SLJ?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Really good balanced review for Spiral (and no spoilers)

And for those how don't follow him he does great reviews and loves horror, worth checking him out!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I saw a BADASS new psychological horror movie dealing with religion, called Saint Maude.

The idea was new, the performances were amazing, the camera work was top notch, the atmosphere was more and more unsettling: this is one of the GOOD ones.

I THINK it's on one of the streaming services. It's on my plex server.

Btw, I always say that. A handful of you know what plex is.

For the rest of you, LOOK INTO IT. I'm down to.share my server. It's simple, legal, and free.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I really liked A Quiet Place 2. While it’s not quite as good as the first, there’s still a whole lot to love about it; most notably that this is Millicent Simmonds’ movie. She’s definitely the star and puts on another fantastic performance.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Any Black Christmas fans? Pretty good fan film that's a sequel to the first. Infinitely better than that abomination of a blumhouse reboot.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    We 1000% need a new Wishmaster film ignoring parts 3&4 after watching this.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Any Black Christmas fans? Pretty good fan film that's a sequel to the first. Infinitely better than that abomination of a blumhouse reboot.

What's really weird is they made two remakes of it fairly recently. I just recently watched the more recent (PG13) one, and I have some mixed feelings about it. It's not great, all horror slasher movies should be R rated at least, Cary Elwes is always going to be Wesley from Princess Bride so please spare me and don't try to make him spooky and intimidating because it's not going to work, but... weirdly there's some good moments in that one. You also know that there's something good going on here when the movie is being review-bombed by people complaining about a "feminist agenda."

Still the original is classic and so underrated.... and yet, I just watched this short "tribute" fan movie, and I really can't help but wonder what the point is? It's definitely strange that someone went out of their way to make an homage like this, but it's not really very good imo.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-30-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    We 1000% need a new Wishmaster film ignoring parts 3&4 after watching this.

Some legal loopholes they’d have to get through to do another Wishmaster movie but, fuck me, how I’d love that to happen. The guy can speak 8 languages ffs!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    What's really weird is they made two remakes of it fairly recently. I just recently watched the more recent (PG13) one, and I have some mixed feelings about it. It's not great, all horror slasher movies should be R rated at least, Cary Elwes is always going to be Wesley from Princess Bride so please spare me and don't try to make him spooky and intimidating because it's not going to work, but... weirdly there's some good moments in that one. You also know that there's something good going on here when the movie is being review-bombed by people complaining about a "feminist agenda."

Still the original is classic and so underrated.... and yet, I just watched this short "tribute" fan movie, and I really can't help but wonder what the point is? It's definitely strange that someone went out of their way to make an homage like this, but it's not really very good imo.
    I just disagree with most of what you said haha. The newest reboot is a disaster BECAUSE of the agenda it tries to cram into the movie in an unoriginal and uninspired way. And the 1974 film did a much better job of having feminist issues on display btw. But the biggest crime the newest one makes is not being a good HORROR movie like the original. The 2006 version was kinda just dumb fun but at least it was fun. The fan film at least understands why the original was unsettling. And I mean it is a fan film, that means low budget and unexperienced actors so you have to use your imagination a bit but the ideas there are better I think. Honestly I probably wouldn't hate the newest blumhouse one so much if it wasn't called Black Christmas. I mean it has almost nothing to do with the original film so why even call it that? It'd be like making a Halloween movie and not having Michael Myers in it. Oh, wait...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    yeah, it's a weird movie... I guess I just expected to dislike it a lot more than I did. The only thing it really has in common with the originally really is it's about a bunch of sorority girls getting killed during the Christmas holiday. It's nothing great, and I probably only enjoyed it somewhat because I think I was really stoned at the time.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just watched A Quiet Place II. Went for a friend that really wanted to see it, and it was in the theater for the first time in over a year! Not many there, it was half off tix, and the crowd was very good.

I already expressed my disdain for the first film, and while this one did have some decent moments, they're just that... moments. You can see the scares coming from a mile away, and it doesn't push the story forward whatsoever. You learn a handful of new info, but everything moves incredibly slow this time around, with frustrating multiple climax scenes that feel they take an eternity to materialize. Acting is solid all around, with Cillian Murphy and Millicent Simmonds stealing the show with fantastic chemistry on the screen; you feel you're watching a completely different movie when their scenes are on. I would watch a movie with them at the helm in this setting, both really good.

Emily Blunt and Noah Jupe are also solid (But ffs, his screaming.) they are sort of put in the backseat here with not much to do. It feels disjointed like the first one did to me, but the first movie just did everything better. Not bad, but certainly not good either.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So, The Conjuring: Clever Title Other Than Part Eight

is out today. I've got it. I'm scared to watch it; it's helmed by the director of The Curse of La Llorona. There have been a few Llorona movies lately, and "Curse" was NOT the good one.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So, The Conjuring: Clever Title Other Than Part Eight

is out today. I've got it. I'm scared to watch it; it's helmed by the director of The Curse of La Llorona. There have been a few Llorona movies lately, and "Curse" was NOT the good one.
    Which one is the good one, because curse was hard to sit through. New Conjuring... "Please be good, please be good."

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Which one is the good one, because curse was hard to sit through. New Conjuring... "Please be good, please be good."
    Let's pray together, that it's good. I still haven't tried it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Let's pray together, that it's good. I still haven't tried it.
    I'll channel you, I'm going to see it tonight.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The good one is simply titled La Llorona, and it uses the folk tale as a metaphor for war and genocide in Guatemala, and it's fucking GREAT.

How was Conjuring 8?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The good one is simply titled La Llorona, and it uses the folk tale as a metaphor for war and genocide in Guatemala, and it's fucking GREAT.

How was Conjuring 8?
    I don't have time atm to go into details, but let's just say Conjuring 8 should stop at Conjuring 8. Not scary, and was full of cliches. I cared about what was going on, but it just fell sort of flat. By no means is it a bad movie, just the lesser of the 3 imo.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-07-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    This scene made me laugh as a kid and still does now, lmao.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've had a bad run of horror recently, the last Conjuring movie and The Unholy didn't help either. I did watch horror anthology 'The Mortuary Collection' (2019) last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Highly recommended!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    I've had a bad run of horror recently, the last Conjuring movie and The Unholy didn't help either. I did watch horror anthology 'The Mortuary Collection' (2019) last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Highly recommended!
    Yeah, it's been pretty bad lately. The wife and I picked up the Scream Factory Blu-ray collections for Critters, The Fly, and The Omen, so we've been working our way through those.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Mainstream horror has been pretty awful for a while. I just watched the new Conjuring and I didn't like it. Just boring, but some of the over-acting is briefly amusing this time.

I have been liking Creepshow for the most part. I finally saw Tucker and Dale vs Evil all the way through for the first time, and that was a blast... one of the best horror/comedies I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I didn’t mind The Unholy, it was just perfectly average to me.

Latest watches of new movies:

Conjuring… whatever - my, they’ve certainly settled into a predictable formula. John Noble camping it up was a highlight.
    Possessor - liked it, didn’t love it. The acting was great but there was something off in the pacing.
    In the Earth - oh, how I wanted to love this. It wasn’t great, sadly.

Censor is out tomorrow (digitally next week) and I’m hearing great things about that.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw a cam version of Censor. It’s very much a cousin of Saint Maud (British horror seems to have found a template). I really liked it. Very grim.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Saw a cam version of Censor. It’s very much a cousin of Saint Maud (British horror seems to have found a template). I really liked it. Very grim.
    I think the trailer looks interesting. Looks too good to watch a cam version. In fact no one should ever watch a cam version, they suck. It hits VOD in like three days anyway. I liked Saint Maud so I'll check it out.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    maybe the cam boots will end when studios finally accept that the traditional theater model of movie releasing is over.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    maybe the cam boots will end when studios finally accept that the traditional theater model of movie releasing is over.
    Is it though? If vinyl never went away I'm not sure the theatre experience will either. It'll diminish maybe. Another question that needs to be asked by consumers is do they want to see the movie industry die out because they can't make enough profit to justify the production. Theatres are a big part of that. And the above mentioned movie only had a one week gap between theatrical and VOD release. I'd say that studio is very aware of the times and that seems more than reasonable.

But my objection to cam versions has more to do with my respect for the art form in general. Its just shit quality. It would be like if someone played an album in their car and recorded it with their phone mic and then someone listened to that recording. It's not the same product. I know people are gonna watch cams no matter what but they're really cheating themselves.