Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2264

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So I watched Night of the Demons (1988) last night with a friend and tonight I’m gonna watch a few Tales From The Crypt episodes!

Happy Halloween everyone, make tonight count for horror!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Happy Halloween everyone, make tonight count for horror!
    Hell yes man. Halloween is why we jumped on Annabelle: Creation.
    Happy Halloween, fellow horror fans!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    My wife and I were both really pleasantly surprised by Annabeele: Creation. There were parts of it that scared the hell out of the both of us and the cinematography was beautiful and felt like a Conjuring movie.

So apparently, they are building a full on "Conjuring Cinematic universe." There's two spin offs in the works: The Nun and The Crooked Man, as well as The Conjuring Three.

after seeing Annabelle Creation, I look forward to the spin offs and sequels. It wasn't Casablanca, but it's a frightening movie that's good enough to be connected to The Conjuring.

http://movieweb.com/the-nun-movie-vi...uring-spinoff/

I just read an article about the Conjuring universe and how they intend to expand on it. I look forward to The Nun a character I feel we haven't seen enough of yet.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I watched Hellraiser II on Halloween. I severely was deprived of good movie watching this season. Sucks.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Me and the girl I've been seeing went on a last minute whim and seen Happy Death Day super late last night. I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. In a current sea of nothing but paranormal films and their spin-offs it was nice to see a semi-slasher with a pretty decent plot.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You guys really need to check out The Autopsy of Jane Doe. For real.

It's a little gem.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Cool. I'm always going to smile knowing that Roger Ebert gave The Devils Rejects a positive review saying all of things that was wrong with it but that was the reason why it's so fun.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

This has my curiosity.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post

This has my curiosity.
    This house has fascinated me since I was 12 years old (I'm 28 this year) and I can't help but think it's awesome they're making this! However I have BELOW LOW expectations for this. I expect it to be a poor mix match of jump scares and not actually being creepy.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    The Ritual (2017; I think Netflix has it marked as 2018) was great. I went in not knowing anything and was very happy I didn't spoil the experience beforehand.

I'll tell you it's an English film (hullo), and it takes place in Sweden.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The Ritual (2017; I think Netflix has it marked as 2018) was great. I went in not knowing anything and was very happy I didn't spoil the experience beforehand.

A Podcast I listen to has plugged The Ritual since they have a horror and true crime fanbase. It's on my to watch list.

I recently bought a month subscription for HorrorPack to get the exclusive blu-ray for this month, which is The Soska Sisters debut film Dead Hooker in a Trunk. I should get it this week. I can't wait. I have the DVD if someone here wants it cheap....?

I also have a code for $3.00 off from next month's horror pack if anyone here is interested. PM me.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-18-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

we watched "the ritual" last night with our friends and it was awesome. exactly what i want out of a horror movie. i was enthralled the entire time. i also yelled/jumped at least 5 or 6 times...including once when a tent was unzipped (never gonna hear the end of that one).

on friday night, my wife and i watched "ghost watch" on shudder. it's a BBC thing from 1992 that people basically thought was real when it aired. it obviously pre-dates paranormal activity and other such things, and if you didn't know it was a fictional thing (and believed in ghosts/hauntings) you would think it was a live BBC special that just happened to capture a ton of creepy shit happening. i was legitimately terrified by it (i had to turn on all the lights on my way back to the bathroom halfway through the movie, and refused to turn them off when i came back out).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Anyone in here seen a film from the Hatchet franchise? I bought the first film upon my friend's recommendation and recently bought Victor Crowley, 4th film in the franchise, this past week.

Need to watch....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just blew around $75.00 on all Friday the 13th Films (I to Jason X) on blu-ray and it's a decent deal. Don't have 2009 remake (meh) or Freddy vs Jason.

Not a huge fan of the franchise either.

Keep on acquiring!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-04-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Anyone in here seen a film from the Hatchet franchise? I bought the first film upon my friend's recommendation and recently bought Victor Crowley, 4th film in the franchise, this past week.

Need to watch....

I've seen the first 3. I liked them but nothing special. One thing I'll give the franchise is that they are consistent with each movie, in a sense that I liked them all on the same level.

I forgot about the new one. Will try to watch it soon.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i'm finally going to see audition. i'm a little scared.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Japanese film?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Japanese film?
    yep. i saw a tiny part of the torture scene. i want to see it in context, i guess.

actually i don't want to see it, but i'm going to, anyway.
    Last edited by kel; 03-06-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I watched The Strangers: Prey at Night earlier today and I would recommend checking it out. It's a fun slasher movie that manages to capture the tone of its predecessor while not simply repeating the same formula. It's not as good as the first one, although to be fair I've had ten years to watch and appreciate the first Strangers and it has been a movie I've returned to over the last decade (and I still can't believe it's been that long since The Strangers was released) and I'd highly recommend giving Prey at Night a watch. It's a fun popcorn flick that I think most horror fans will enjoy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    I watched The Strangers: Prey at Night earlier today and I would recommend checking it out. It's a fun slasher movie that manages to capture the tone of its predecessor while not simply repeating the same formula. It's not as good as the first one, although to be fair I've had ten years to watch and appreciate the first Strangers and it has been a movie I've returned to over the last decade (and I still can't believe it's been that long since The Strangers was released) and I'd highly recommend giving Prey at Night a watch. It's a fun popcorn flick that I think most horror fans will enjoy.
    the original scared me so bad that (literally, at 21 years old) i slept with my lights on for a week. it still scares me when i think about it too much. :: shudder ::

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was perhaps one year into entering adulthood (not even 19 years old) and I saw The Strangers at a midnight screening which is still perhaps one of the best movie experiences I've ever had. I returned to my apartment around 2am and tried to get some sleep, and I just couldn't. It didn't help that my unit was next to a path where multiple residents were walking past my window. I barely slept. The Strangers is a regular addition to my horror movie collection and I return to it at least once a year, usually in October when I watch a scary movie or two every day for the duration of the month.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    the original strangers shocked the shit out of me.
    i kept waiting for them to turn out to be fucking ghosts or some kind of paranormal beings of SOME description, but of course they weren't.
    They were just random assholes.
    I think that was the biggest strength of that movie.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    the original strangers shocked the shit out of me.
    i kept waiting for them to turn out to be fucking ghosts or some kind of paranormal beings of SOME description, but of course they weren't.
    They were just random assholes.
    I think that was the biggest strength of that movie.
    exactly. the problem is that every movie since that has tried to do that hasn't done nearly as good of a job.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    exactly. the problem is that every movie since that has tried to do that hasn't done nearly as good of a job.
    yeah and it also occurred to me that the sequel can't work the same way, you know?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Recent movie additions I felt compelled to share,

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Recent movie additions I felt compelled to share

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    kiri, kiri, kiri

Still my favorite foreign "psychological" horror movie.

-------------

I was happy to see a few mentioned seeing "The Ritual"; I've seen it two more times and it's actually inspired me to study some of Wagner's operas (I know, I know). I still don't agree with the popular Internet interpretation of what the creature/monster was, but it's meant to ambiguous to an extent.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    kiri, kiri, kiri

Still my favorite foreign "psychological" horror movie.

-------------

I was happy to see a few mentioned seeing "The Ritual"; I've seen it two more times and it's actually inspired me to study some of Wagner's operas (I know, I know). I still don't agree with the popular Internet interpretation of what the creature/monster was, but it's meant to ambiguous to an extent.
    DON'T FUCKING DO THAT! WHAT THE FUCK! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME? I'm still scared as shit over that line in Audition.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)