Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 2264

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    So, word is that the new Child's Play movie is actually fantastic, and they did an excellent job making it campy fun...

I wasn't going to see it, because I think it's shitty how they fucked over Don Mancini (he's still making the Chucky movies for crying out loud), but now I'm intrigued.

Thoughts?
    Minimal to no interest, even now. Stupid reboot for no reason whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    That trailer was so terrible that I dont trust those reviews sorry. It really looks like garbage.
    Mediocre trailer that didn't sell me on the new universe. I doubt I'll bother watching.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    For anyone who's a fan of Candyman

How we made Candyman: 'I got a $1,000 bonus for every bee sting'

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...todd-bee-sting

Just to touch on Child's Play, i've heard nothing but good things about it, from fans of the original and new comers...and i'm honestly shocked it's getting so much good press (i've not seen it, that doll absolutely TERRIFIED my childhood, so i'm not sure my over active imagination would survive it lol)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I watched Annabelle Comes Home last night...

To start with, I almost didn't go, because I HATED the Nun so much that I was done with this franchise, I really felt that they were just cashing in on horror-fan loyalty. I swore that I would only go to the next movie if it actually got positive reviews and word of mouth.

Good news, it's absolutely worth seeing! I really enjoyed it, it was a fun, summer popcorn haunted house ride with surprisingly likable characters and lots of cool spirits and scares. Loved it!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Remember the Saw reboot that Chris Rock was firing up? He and Samuel L Jackson are starring in it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Halloween 2 to begin filming this fall, set for release on Oct. 16, 2020.
    Here's an even crazier report floating around. There are actually apparently going to be two sequels, shot back to back... and both​ released in October 2020.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Midsommar was pretty enjoyable.
    It didn't hit me in the head like Hereditary but it was still a beautiful film in terms of the technical side of movie making. Great performances.
    Very minor complaints. Ari Aster is on to great things.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Just got home from Midsommar. Wow. As said, Aster is absolutely killing it. The ambition on display in this alone is reason enough to see it. I've never seen anything like this. There are some parallels to Wicker Man but thats it.

It's an intense look at grief (like Hereditary) as well as how relationships end in break-up. This is even less of a traditional horror movie than Hereditary was. I dont know that I would call this horror really despite some big time gore at times. Great performances, especially from Florence Pugh. Some good comic relief at times too. Only teeny tiny complaint is the length. Movie is 2 hours and 20 minutes. With some editing down of certain repetitious sequences, you could have trimmed 10 or more minutes off this thing without missing a beat.

Can't wait to see what Aster does next.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Just got home from Midsommar. Wow. As said, Aster is absolutely killing it. The ambition on display in this alone is reason enough to see it. I've never seen anything like this. There are some parallels to Wicker Man but thats it.

It's an intense look at grief (like Hereditary) as well as how relationships end in break-up. This is even less of a traditional horror movie than Hereditary was. I dont know that I would call this horror really despite some big time gore at times. Great performances, especially from Florence Pugh. Some good comic relief at times too. Only teeny tiny complaint is the length. Movie is 2 hours and 20 minutes. With some editing down of certain repetitious sequences, you could have trimmed 10 or more minutes off this thing without missing a beat.

Can't wait to see what Aster does next.
    On a scale of 1 to shouting the alphabet from beginning to end in a giant pissed off tirade, how much did you feel like Nicolas Cage was going to appear randomly with a bee mask around his head?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hell yes.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Crawl was a lot of fun guys! As someone who lived in Florida for almost two decades and lived through a fair amount of hurricanes, I felt a lot of it... it was a good balance of goofy and tense, a perfect summer popcorn horror creature flick.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Huge random recommendation here, but I really suggest anyone with a Shudder account watch Found Footage 3D. It's genuinely hilarious and scary, and it's way smarter than you think it's going to be. I also really encourage you to NOT watch the trailer, just trust me and watch the movie. It's great.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I watched one last night called Braid. It was a little overly ambiguous, but, man, the camera work and cinematography were fucking nuts

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Scary Stories is really fun. It’s got the same feel as Trick r Treat. Sadly, there was almost nobody in the theater so I hope it’s just because we went to an early show because I’d love to see sequels.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes please.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Corey Taylor (Slipknot) has a new 80's horror documentary.

And you can best believe I just preordered that shit.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my friend mac wrote up a list of 31 scary movies for my best friend/his girlfriend justine to watch this month, and we're doing the same list. although it's gotten a bit messed up because all the stuff we planned out for her to be able to watch on streaming services (before she gets back in town in a week and a half) seems to have disappeared from those streaming services as of october 1st :/

anyway, we've only watched 2 so far (skipped candyman last night but we'll watch it on a night that she's watching one we've already seen)

john landis' an american werewolf in londong

neither sarah or i had seen this. rick baker's makeup/FX are incredible. story was interesting, some parts didn't age well (what nurse has zero negative reaction when their patient suddenly kisses them???) but overall it was fun.

john carpenter's the thing

this was my third time watching it, and i love it more every time. sarah tried to watch it with me a couple years ago and gave up during the dog scene (totally understandable). this time she just closed her eyes until the scene was over, and she's glad she saw the rest of the movie. i wish i had the scream factory 2- or 3-disc blu-ray set with all the special features. i have a lame single-disc edition with ZERO special features

tomorrow is texas chainsaw massacre, which i've never seen! very excited

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Been on a bit of a Horror bender recently. Watched From Beyond last night, which was not amazing, but was a bit of cheesy '80s fun. Jeffrey Combs is excellent.

Also saw:
    The Wailing (good, a bit too long so drags in places)
    Sinister (quite bad, lots of not so scary jumpscares)
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose (same director as Sinister, actually not terrible, enjoyed)
    Psycho (not sure if it qualifies as Horror, definitely of its time. Even so, pretty good).
    John Carpenter's The Thing (fantastic, I can't believe it took me this long to see it)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Just preordered the Director's Cut of Midsommar from iTunes. I'm a little peeved that it's a digital-only "extra" for the time being.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Happy seasons everyone.

What is on the watch list for this month?

I’m about to start for the first time, Trick R Treat. I know, it’s been around a while just haven’t gotten to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Scary Stories is really fun. It’s got the same feel as Trick r Treat. Sadly, there was almost nobody in the theater so I hope it’s just because we went to an early show because I’d love to see sequels.
    I just got my 11 year old the first book and she loves it. Is the movie appropriate for her age?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Happy seasons everyone.

I’m about to start for the first time, Trick R Treat. I know, it’s been around a while just haven’t gotten to it yet.
    Trick 'r Treat is a lot of fun. Hope you enjoyed it.

As for what I'm watching this month...it'll largely depend on how much time I have, but I'd like to squeeze in:

28 Days Later
    A Nightmare On Elm Street
    Alien
    Creepshow
    Evil Dead II
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    Grindhouse
    Halloween (1978)
    Halloween III
    High Tension
    Prince Of Darkness
    Se7en
    Session 9
    Shaun Of The Dead
    The Descent
    The Evil Dead
    The Exorcist III
    Them (2006)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Trick 'r Treat is a lot of fun. Hope you enjoyed it.

As for what I'm watching this month...it'll largely depend on how much time I have, but I'd like to squeeze in:

28 Days Later
    A Nightmare On Elm Street
    Alien
    Creepshow
    Evil Dead II
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    Grindhouse
    Halloween (1978)
    Halloween III
    High Tension
    Prince Of Darkness
    Se7en
    Session 9
    Shaun Of The Dead
    The Descent
    The Evil Dead
    The Exorcist III
    Them (2006)
    Trick r treat was amazingly fun. I can’t believe I waited this long to watch it. It’s going to be a staple in my October viewing yearly.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Happy seasons everyone.

I just got my 11 year old the first book and she loves it. Is the movie appropriate for her age?
    I don’t recall anything inappropriate. I’ve only seen it once, though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    watched Texas Chain Saw Massacre (my first time) and Candyman (my wife's first time) today.

TCSM was good. i can understand why it's important in the horror oeuvre and it was certainly entertaining, but it's definitely not my favorite "slasher" film.

this was the first time i'd watched candyman in probably 20 years. as a kid, it scared the fucking shit out of me. as an adult, all of the sociopolitical and racial implications are almost as upsetting as the scary shit. such a powerful film.

tomorrow is Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978) which i also haven't seen since i was a kid, so i'm very excited. and my wife has never seen it, so that's extra exciting!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    tomorrow is Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978) which i also haven't seen since i was a kid, so i'm very excited. and my wife has never seen it, so that's extra exciting!
    Dude, you’re in for a treat!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Dude, you’re in for a treat!
    as someone who is a big fan in general of "70s film", it was great (i took a 70s film class 10 years ago when i was going to school for sound design). but as a horror movie, it was just ok.

i'm currently watching the MST3K episode Giant Spider Invasion because of the host segment references to the film haha.

tomorrow is supposed to be rosemary's baby (which i've never seen) but i just can't bring myself to watch a polanski film so we're probably going to watch something else.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The VVitch

Never saw Goosebumps or Hocus Pocus so will watch those with the mother-in-law as she is a Hallmark Channel kinda lady.

Hotel Transylvania 3 with the nephews

last year's Halloween in 4K

Monster Squad

we never watched Sabrina or House on Haunted Hill last year so we've started those this month

is The House With A Clock In Its Walls any good?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    is The House With A Clock In Its Walls any good?
    i second that question! i know eric kripke (creator of supernatural) had something to do with it, and i love jack black (goosebumps was super fun, we've watched it at least four times and own it on blu-ray) and cate blanchett.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i second that question! i know eric kripke (creator of supernatural) had something to do with it, and i love jack black (goosebumps was super fun, we've watched it at least four times and own it on blu-ray) and cate blanchett.
    I like it. Then again, I'm a fan of John Bellairs and Edward Gorey, so I was pleased to see a cinematic version of Bellairs. It's not perfect, but it's fun. As much as I'd like to see a sequel, I'd rather have adaptations of the stories featuring Johnny Dixon and Professor Childermass. Perhaps someday we'll at least get some sort of series, even if it's not released in theaters.