Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    But Beyond the Black Rainbow is different in that it removes the camp, with the exception of a single scene..
    Which scene do you consider campy? If it's the one I'm thinking of, I'd consider that more "cosmic horror": we are all inconsequential as humans in the Grand Scheme... and oh, so frail. I would definitely agree that BtBR is its own experience, though. I've read about some of the "homage films", and none of them are quite what Black Rainbow is.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Which scene do you consider campy? If it's the one I'm thinking of, I'd consider that more "cosmic horror": we are all inconsequential as humans in the Grand Scheme... and oh, so frail. I would definitely agree that BtBR is its own experience, though. I've read about some of the "homage films", and none of them are quite what Black Rainbow is.
    Well, I don't want to spoil anything but it was just the one scene that had a bit of comic relief to it. I think it fit ok and I actually think it served an important purpose for the ending. I'll just be vague and say it was the two guys outside scene.