Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @henryeatscereal : Locke & Key is wonderful, one of those series that reminded me why I love comics.
    @slave2thewage : you're thinking of 20th Century Ghosts, a great short story anthology. Lots of gold there waiting to mined for movies for sure. Heart-Shaped Box is his debut novel and arguably my favorite ghost story I've ever read along with his father's The Shining. it even has a NIN reference in it, actually.

I'm really hoping Horns comes out right, the photos of Daniel Radcliffe's prosthetics looks great, and knowing that a lot of it is practical rather than CGI effects alone gets me excited. I love practical effects in general, but horror is the genre that seems to benefit from it the most.

I've never seen Jacob's Ladder despite being a Silent Hill fan, so I'll be getting to that either today or tomorrow.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Cool article i found with the 25 of the most underrated horror films from the 80's...

Agree with many of these and i was surprised (and happy) to see "Psycho 2" mentioned...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I've never seen Jacob's Ladder despite being a Silent Hill fan, so I'll be getting to that either today or tomorrow.
    Target stores have it on Blu-ray for 5.00. Buy it.

As for your other post about my damaged set, the case is about the same size as a Game of Thrones season set so it isn't that small. It was a wide envelope but still a lousy padded one at that. I'm over it but it still sucks.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Always thought Candyman from 1992 was a truly great underrated horror film. horror film about racism.
    the Candyman himself is deeply frightening. That area of Chicago, Caprini Green, looked seriously menacing. All that sinister graffiti urgh!
    never see many horror films tackle subjects like racism. A lot of Clive Barker novels cover unusual ground for the genre.
    after seeing this first time you could not have paid me to say his name five times in the mirror.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    you could not have paid me to say his name five times
    What about Beetlejuice 3 times aloud?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This scene always makes my day, love Clive Barker for it...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I didn't really like Candy Man too much. Had some interesting things going on, but it felt like it wasn't fleshed out enough before the big twist in the movie.

also, I'm watching Terrorvision. This movie is fun.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Holy crap, Dracula sure liked to hit women in the Hammer movies. Never noticed that until now.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Saw "The Omen" today: i still love that movie, but everytime i watch it want to slap the shit out of Gregory Peck AKA Robert Thorn...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Fuck it, I'm celebrating my first two weeks at my new night shift job by treating myself to this with my first paycheck tomorrow afternoon:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I really hope the rumours of the standalone release of H6 Producer's Cut are true.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I really hope the rumours of the standalone release of H6 Producer's Cut are true.
    You might be able to snag the disc itself solo if you're lucky enough to find someone selling it. I found someone selling it for 70.00 which is a joke as you could just buy the set for a few 10's more.

You could always torrent it too...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I rewatched Hellraiser III to remember why I disliked it after all these years. The first half is good, but the second half is complete garbage. The movie turned Pinhead into cheesy, maniacal laughing stock villain that felt like a Freddy Krueger ripoff. Some of the murders in the club scene were facepalm inducing (The dj gets killed by cds... Pinhead's face flies out of some ladies drink and turns into an ice knife...) and the cenobites were fucking awful. A cenobite with a camera lens for an eye? A cd cenobite.... A bartender cenobite... A smoker cenobite... The second half of the film gave my mind indigestion.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    You could always torrent it too...
    Oh, I've been checking. No rips at all out there from this collection, which is very surprising.

EDIT: A quick thought - just imagine if Loomis had been played by one of John Carpenter's first choices. It's so weird imagining anyone else other than Donald Pleasance in that role.
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 10-04-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Watched TCM 2 for the first time. This movie is awesome. I get people miss the whole gritty, realistic look of the first film, but I think the sequel makes up for it with some twisted humor and an epic chainsaw battle. I think it's as good as the original, but in a different way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    watched a french horror film called Inside (À l'intérieur) and it was bloody as hell! One of the most gruesome films I've seen. It was also well made and had some genuine scares. Anyone else see this? Highly recommended.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Watched TCM 2 for the first time. This movie is awesome. I get people miss the whole gritty, realistic look of the first film, but I think the sequel makes up for it with some twisted humor and an epic chainsaw battle. I think it's as good as the original, but in a different way.
    TCM 2 is awesome, highly underrated, love Dennis Hopper in this one!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It has Bill Moseley so why wouldn't it be any good?

I like it since it veers into excessive WTF territory and is really a black comedy at heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It has Bill Moseley so why wouldn't it be any good?
    Speaking of Bill, I still need to see The Devil's Rejects.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Speaking of Bill, I still need to see The Devil's Rejects.
    You...you...y-y-y-y-you've never seen The Devil's Rejects? O_o

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    You'd be surprised at how many people haven't seen The Devil's Rejects. Personally, I didn't until about a month ago.

I've, uh, also never seen any of the original TCM sequels, just the original movies and everything in the reboot series (well, I turned the 3D one off after half an hour). Never seen a Saw movie either, which I am kind of proud of.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    You...you...y-y-y-y-you've never seen The Devil's Rejects? O_o
    I haven't seen a lot of films I should see, like Re-Animator or Braindead/Dead Alive
    The problem with me is I get interested in something, then I tangent off to something else sometimes before I get to see it. I'm gonna get around to these films this month.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I haven't seen a lot of films I should see, like Re-Animator or Braindead/Dead Alive
    The problem with me is I get interested in something, then I tangent off to something else sometimes before I get to see it. I'm gonna get around to these films this month.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Forgot this thread existed , I got my Halloween deluxe box set. Took me a few days to get through it all minus special features. That will be the second run of thus set.

The producers cut of Halloween 6 I must say is a better version of the horrid movie that was released in theaters. The whole baby myers thing still is a bit odd for the series, but the producers cut is a nice close to the cult of thorn storyline.

Halloween resurrection still remains the worst in the series , then followed by 5.

I don't understand the hate that goes towards the rob zombie versions. I believe people just didn't understand what was really going on. The original intended ending to part 2 is fantastic.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I don't understand the hate that goes towards the rob zombie versions. I believe people just didn't understand what was really going on. The original intended ending to part 2 is fantastic.
    I always liked Halloween 4 for some reason.

Rob Zombie's are good not comparing them to the original first and second films. He had some heart and an edge to them, mostly what was lost with Resurrection and H20 to me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Oh, in case anyone is interested, Horns has already leaked.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    TCM 2 is actually really great. It's the only one I like.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    TCM 2 is actually really great. It's the only one I like.
    I like III: Leatherface too.

Most hate it but I enjoyed it. It had a good mix of early 90's charm and enough grisly moments to make it fun and in league with the others. The Next Generation is another story...holy shit, what garbage.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I always liked Halloween 4 for some reason.

Rob Zombie's are good not comparing them to the original first and second films. He had some heart and an edge to them, mostly what was lost with Resurrection and H20 to me.
    I liked h20. It had the suspense vibe, my only beef with it is that its too clean of a film. Its really looks like a major motion picture than a Halloween movie.

When you watch the disk from the box set, check out the behind the scenes. Thank god they didn't use the big orchestral soundtrack. It makes it feel like a dramatic horror ballet.