Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2270

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Woof.

The 2003 remake was actually good to me.

We don't need another one of these. Would this be tied to the Leatherface movie from a few years ago?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The 2003 remake was actually good to me.

We don't need another one of these. Would this be tied to the Leatherface movie from a few years ago?
    I have honestly lost track at this point. I had no idea there was 3D version that came out 7 years ago, along with the recent one you mentioned above.

The 2003 film was a pretty big deal when it came out and I really liked it. Recently re-watched it and it still holds up. Didn't do anything really new with it, but I thought it was effective and of course, Jessica Beal added to that intrigue lol.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It’s that time of year.

Just watched Antebellum. It’s more of a thriller, but quite decent. Watching The Nun right now and zzzzzzz.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    What lame typography will they use for this one? 5cream?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    has anyone seen a meta horror film called Found Footage 3D?

i heard good things about it, and, have been looking for it.

do you guys know if it's any good?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What lame typography will they use for this one? 5cream?
    I actually have a friend who was upset that they DIDN'T do that. (He's a big Scream fan.) I'm not at all surprised that they're just sticking with Scream as the title, especially since the success of the last Halloween film is part of what got the ball rolling on the new film.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    has anyone seen a meta horror film called Found Footage 3D?

i heard good things about it, and, have been looking for it.

do you guys know if it's any good?
    Never heard of it, but I've never seen such a drop-off in Tomato score next to audience score. I never go by reviews, but that stood out to me lol. I wanna check it out now.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Never heard of it, but I've never seen such a drop-off in Tomato score next to audience score. I never go by reviews, but that stood out to me lol. I wanna check it out now.
    I FINALLY found it.
    It was clever as fuck. It was honestly more clever than scary, but it had a few good scares.

It's kind of the Scream of found footage. And I fucking LOOOOOOVE found footage, so, you know, I'm biased.

It's certainly decent/watchable.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I actually have a friend who was upset that they DIDN'T do that. (He's a big Scream fan.) I'm not at all surprised that they're just sticking with Scream as the title, especially since the success of the last Halloween film is part of what got the ball rolling on the new film.
    They're calling it Scream? Again?
    That's absurd. They should call it Scream 2020 at least. And if it was as brilliantly self aware as the first one, it should be Scream Reboot

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    don't know if anyone listens to the Halloweenies podcast, but several of the people on it are (actual, IRL) friends of mine. they just offered me the job of editing some of their episodes (and getting paid to do it!) so i'm starting this week with...jason takes manhattan. WOOF. hahahaha

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    don't know if anyone listens to the Halloweenies podcast, but several of the people on it are (actual, IRL) friends of mine. they just offered me the job of editing some of their episodes (and getting paid to do it!) so i'm starting this week with...jason takes manhattan. WOOF. hahahaha
    Fake News.
    You don't have any IRL friends.

Lololol. I'm just kidding, obviously. So, it's called Halloweenies? Tell me which episodes you work on and ill tune in

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I FINALLY found it.
    It was clever as fuck. It was honestly more clever than scary, but it had a few good scares.

It's kind of the Scream of found footage. And I fucking LOOOOOOVE found footage, so, you know, I'm biased.

It's certainly decent/watchable.
    Thanks, I'll definitely check it out then. Need some new movies to add to the list for the rest of the month. There was another found footage film called Lake Mungo I heard was super super creepy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Fake News.
    You don't have any IRL friends.

Lololol. I'm just kidding, obviously. So, it's called Halloweenies? Tell me which episodes you work on and ill tune in
    their first season was all about halloween, and then i think they did nightmare on elm street for the second season, obviously they're doing friday the 13th this season. it's also a bunch of the same people who do The Losers Club podcast (about stephen king stuff).

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Thanks, I'll definitely check it out then. Need some new movies to add to the list for the rest of the month. There was another found footage film called Lake Mungo I heard was super super creepy.
    I've seen Lake Mungo, and it's certainly passable.

As far as indie/underground stuff, I highly suggest Antrum, (which is pretty much the only film I've ever seen that relies on subliminal messages,) and She's Allergic to Cats, which is shoestring budget batshit insanity that I found during the Great Covid Drought.

There's also a GREAT found footage called The Bay, if you've not seen it. It's from 2012.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-06-2020 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just watched Ouija: Origin Of Evil. i'm a big mike flanagan fan so i really liked it. never saw the first movie so i had no investment in this being a prequel and having to connect to it. some of the VFX were a little odd (and that big mouth thing always looks so weird to me, even if it is a bit creepy), but the story was good.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Finished Haunting of Hill House tonight. Was left deflated by the ending. I wanted more...horror I guess? I have no problem with how things were wrapped up for the characters, but I wanted more shit to go down considering how they teased the house would react once they got back to it. Meh. Still a good mini series with some great acting and some really good deep dives each character.

And man...the young version of the father is just such a clueless dope.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Finished Haunting of Hill House tonight. Was left deflated by the ending. I wanted more...horror I guess? I have no problem with how things were wrapped up for the characters, but I wanted more shit to go down considering how they teased the house would react once they got back to it. Meh. Still a good mini series with some great acting and some really good deep dives each character.

My partner and I loved that series! Looking forward to the next series that is about a totally different haunting with totally different characters, but same actors reappearing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Haunting_of_Bly_Manor

As for Henry Thomas as the young version of the dad, I thought he did ok. He dis wonderful justice portraying Jack Torrance in Doctor Sleep, I thought.

...related: deepfake of Jack Nicholson in that scene:

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just saw a preview for The Cleansing Hour on Shudder, shit looks good.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

As for Henry Thomas as the young version of the dad, I thought he did ok. He dis wonderful justice portraying Jack Torrance in Doctor Sleep, I thought
    henry thomas is fucking phenomenal. who would have thought that the kid from ET would have a decently solid career and then still be doing incredible roles at this point in his life?

also, bobbie, i'm assuming you meant the character is a dope in that he's clueless and should have been able to do more to help his family? not that thomas' portrayal wasn't good...right?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    henry thomas is fucking phenomenal. who would have thought that the kid from ET would have a decently solid career and then still be doing incredible roles at this point in his life?

also, bobbie, i'm assuming you meant the character is a dope in that he's clueless and should have been able to do more to help his family? not that thomas' portrayal wasn't good...right?
    Yes, of course not the actor. The character was just maddening. But I understand that the cluelessness helps explain why he didn't just get his family out of there much earlier. So a necessary evil for the plot.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen the new Blumhouse movies? They put out 2 last week, and then 2 yesterday.
    Can't remember what they're called, but I've got one of them downloaded.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Double post
    I showed my wife House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects not too long ago.

And GOOD GOD, TDR is brilliant. I was SOBBING when Free Bird came on. How many movies can pull that off - show you characters who do horrible, HORRIBLE things, and then, make you shed a tear for them in the end?!

Part of it is Sid being gone, yes. But, my wife didn't know anything about him, at all, and she was crying too

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen the new Blumhouse movies? They put out 2 last week, and then 2 yesterday.
    Can't remember what they're called, but I've got one of them downloaded.
    You have to be more specific. Which ones are you referring to?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    My partner and I loved that series! Looking forward to the next series that is about a totally different haunting with totally different characters, but same actors reappearing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Haunting_of_Bly_Manor
    @bobbie solo - oh shit, this just started a few days ago.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Double post
    I showed my wife House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects not too long ago.

And GOOD GOD, TDR is brilliant. I was SOBBING when Free Bird came on. How many movies can pull that off - show you characters who do horrible, HORRIBLE things, and then, make you shed a tear for them in the end?!

Part of it is Sid being gone, yes. But, my wife didn't know anything about him, at all, and she was crying too
    Just found out this morning that Robert Englund and Sid Haig (posthumously) will be in this puppet film that's been in production for like 7 years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abruptio

The premise sounds like Saw to me.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    if you have Shudder, like Vincent Price, and are even a little bit of a Shakespeare nerd, i can't recommend Theater Of Blood highly enough. it's just so fucking fun. a bit like Dr. Phibes (though not nearly as stylized or hypnotic as that film), it's always great to see Price in this kind of role.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I caught Host on Shudder after all the rcommendations, and it was great.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    You have to be more specific. Which ones are you referring to?
    The Lie
    Black Box
    Evil Eye
    Nocturne

Part of Amazon Studio's Welcome to the Blumhouse. 4 more films are slated for 2021.