Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2264

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All the recent Evil Dead talk is apt...today Sam Raimi confirmed the new Evil Dead film entitled "Evil Dead Now". Weak title, but who knows. Oh, and the decision was made to make it an entirely new 'reboot' film, new characters, etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Usually I'm really skeptical about things like this, but considering that all The Evil Dead movies are good, including the remake, I'll give it a chance. Always happy to see more Evil Dead stuff coming out!

Recently, I watched The Lodged on Hulu. It seems to have mixed reviews but I really enjoyed it! It had a good sense of suspense that kept me engaged and while I didn't think it was scary, there were some great tense moments.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    Recently, I watched The Lodge on Hulu. It seems to have mixed reviews but I really enjoyed it! It had a good sense of suspense that kept me engaged and while I didn't think it was scary, there were some great tense moments.
    I'm saving this for October.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I checked out Child's Play 2019 and it sucks. I did my best to not compare it to the original because I actually liked the concept of AI toys going rogue. Even as a stand alone film it's terrible. Chucky has no character, the movie focuses on the kids trying really hard for a Stranger Things vibe, the story is boring, and there's no tension whatsoever. I wasn't expecting anything great, but I thought it would be a decent or at least entertaining movie.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    I checked out Child's Play 2019 and it sucks. I did my best to not compare it to the original because I actually liked the concept of AI toys going rogue. Even as a stand alone film it's terrible. Chucky has no character, the movie focuses on the kids trying really hard for a Stranger Things vibe, the story is boring, and there's no tension whatsoever. I wasn't expecting anything great, but I thought it would be a decent or at least entertaining movie.
    that's what happens when you pry a beloved property from its creator's hands and don't do anything right with it. still so pissed that they even made it.

don mancini was (i believe) of of, if not the first out, gay writer/directors in horror, so i have a lot of respect for him for that alone. the fact that he's also a good​ writer and director makes me love him.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Jason Blum revealed that ‘Halloween Kills’ is done. ‘We’ve got a great trailer and a great movie, but we don’t know what the world will even look like in October so we have to wait and see.’

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Agreed. The reboot was really unnecessary. There's just so much wrong with that film and it's a shame that few people involved with the original were involved with this one. It makes me wonder how the series that Don Mancini is working on will be. It's gotta be better than this garbage.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just listened to the newest episode of horror queers covering the craft and they talked about a remake being done that i had no idea about. https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/cra...ake-blumhouse/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Ju-On show’s just gone up on Netflix.

Head’s up: the start of episode 2 has a very graphic and long sexual assault scene.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    John Carpenter teases 'Halloween Kills': "...a slasher movies times one hundred."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Double post because, well..... fuck.

New teaser looks hot, but still....damn.

Last edited by october_midnight; 07-08-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    New Friday the 13th Blu-ray set went up for pre-order yesterday. New scans for 5 of the 12 movies; Jason X finally gets some love with a new commentary and interviews (featuring Kane). They seem to want to get this right and collect everything (I'm sure there will be LaserDisc extras left behind like always):

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7444

Poster and lithograph with first 7000 orders (and there's additional extras to come).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    My wife and I have instituted a bad movie night every Tuesday and today marks the final installment of the Tremors franchise. I am equal parts excited and shamed.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    My wife and I have instituted a bad movie night every Tuesday and today marks the final installment of the Tremors franchise. I am equal parts excited and shamed.
    first one's great! second one's fun! the rest are TERRIBLE! but ya gotta love bert.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    first one's great! second one's fun! the rest are TERRIBLE! but ya gotta love bert.
    Bloodlines was surprisingly good.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    If you truly want to be ashamed of not only yourself but also humanity in general, try Bloodrayne: The Third Reich followed by the alternate 'parody' take Blubberella.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    New Friday the 13th Blu-ray set went up for pre-order yesterday. New scans for 5 of the 12 movies; Jason X finally gets some love with a new commentary and interviews (featuring Kane). They seem to want to get this right and collect everything (I'm sure there will be LaserDisc extras left behind like always):

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7444

Poster and lithograph with first 7000 orders (and there's additional extras to come).
    I preordered it since I want it to match my Halloween Set. I need to drop my current Friday the 13th collection.

If anyone here is interested in owning the set check out my eBay listing!

I also bought the 4K UHD blu-ray of Bram Stoker's Dracula. It pained me to have to buy it without a slipcover but I'm sure I'll be a crazy nut and buy a loose one off a seller because not having one on it is driving me nuts.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I also bought the 4K UHD blu-ray of Bram Stoker's Dracula. It pained me to have to buy it without a slipcover but I'm sure I'll be a crazy nut and buy a loose one off a seller because not having one on it is driving me nuts.
    Are you looking for a slipcase with or without the HDR sticker? I did a a cursory search, and apparently that's a pretty sought-after one for 4K. The standard price seems to be about $16 (taking out the obvious gouges).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Are you looking for a slipcase with or without the HDR sticker? I did a a cursory search, and apparently that's a pretty sought-after one for 4K. The standard price seems to be about $16 (taking out the obvious gouges).
    I don’t care if it has a sticker or not. It’s an extremely rare slipcase. Any links to what you’re talking about?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I don’t care if it has a sticker or not. It’s an extremely rare slipcase. Any links to what you’re talking about?
    Apparently, I didn't take enough time before posting to check and see that was for an outdated auction. The lowest I can find which mentions the slipcover in the listing is $48:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAM-STOKER...gAAOSwtSFe~nx2

I'm sorry about that. If it's any consolation, I fucked up all my posts today.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i watched two seasons of Slasher in two days on netflix. 6 episodes one day, 10 episodes the next. (i've been basically incapacitated all week).

i got really frustrated because when i first hit play, it started playing season 3. why the fuck does netflix do that?

anyway, season 1 was great. not groundbreaking, but very enjoyable.

season 2, however, was awful. i am going to mostly spoil it here because no one should watch it. 75% of the characters were unlikable, and they got worse and worse as it went on. one character is sexually assaulted near the end of an episode, so i started to feel bad for him, but in the next episode, you find out that he tried to rape someone 5 years ago which caused her to try to run, fall down a hill, and get her face smashed in by a tree stump. he and the other 4 people (they were all camp counselors) who were with them thought she was dead and were about to hide her body, but she was still alive. so they each took a turn smashing her head in with a rock until she was dead. then they frame another counselor who was a little obsessed with the girl who died, and he goes to prison and hangs himself. his mom is the one who's been killing everyone in present day, but she had been hallucinating her dead son AS A LOVE INTEREST to the point where, right before you find out "he" is the killer, THEY FUCK. and then in the next episode they reveal he's been a hallucination the whole time. the reveal of that, despite the ickiness, was one of the only good parts of the season (other than seeing Christopher Jacot beat the shit out of a homophobe in a flashback scene). otherwise it was just awful.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    uh, if you have Shudder (or feel like using a free trial), watch Host.

a perfectly taut 56 minutes with absolutely no filler. i jumped/screamed no less than five times. genuinely terrifying. and the way they did it was incredible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    uh, if you have Shudder (or feel like using a free trial), watch Host.

a perfectly taut 56 minutes with absolutely no filler. i jumped/screamed no less than five times. genuinely terrifying. and the way they did it was incredible.
    Watched it today, enjoyed it much more than expected. That short story format really turns up the tension. Spoiler: The use of zoom features was interesting too.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Did anyone post this yet?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Did anyone post this yet?

Oh god. They made a sequel to that garbage film?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Much higher budget this time, too. I actually liked the first one. That makeup is so unique!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It’s a very badly kept secret that the main three actors are back.

I wish I didn’t know too many spoilers for Halloween Kills. It sounds amazing and the wait is gonna kill me.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Woof.