Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50
Results 1,471 to 1,493 of 1493

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Been on a bit of a Horror bender recently. Watched From Beyond last night, which was not amazing, but was a bit of cheesy '80s fun. Jeffrey Combs is excellent.

Also saw:
    The Wailing (good, a bit too long so drags in places)
    Sinister (quite bad, lots of not so scary jumpscares)
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose (same director as Sinister, actually not terrible, enjoyed)
    Psycho (not sure if it qualifies as Horror, definitely of its time. Even so, pretty good).
    John Carpenter's The Thing (fantastic, I can't believe it took me this long to see it)

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Just preordered the Director's Cut of Midsommar from iTunes. I'm a little peeved that it's a digital-only "extra" for the time being.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Happy seasons everyone.

What is on the watch list for this month?

Iím about to start for the first time, Trick R Treat. I know, itís been around a while just havenít gotten to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Scary Stories is really fun. Itís got the same feel as Trick r Treat. Sadly, there was almost nobody in the theater so I hope itís just because we went to an early show because Iíd love to see sequels.
    I just got my 11 year old the first book and she loves it. Is the movie appropriate for her age?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Happy seasons everyone.

I’m about to start for the first time, Trick R Treat. I know, it’s been around a while just haven’t gotten to it yet.
    Trick 'r Treat is a lot of fun. Hope you enjoyed it.

As for what I'm watching this month...it'll largely depend on how much time I have, but I'd like to squeeze in:

28 Days Later
    A Nightmare On Elm Street
    Alien
    Creepshow
    Evil Dead II
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    Grindhouse
    Halloween (1978)
    Halloween III
    High Tension
    Prince Of Darkness
    Se7en
    Session 9
    Shaun Of The Dead
    The Descent
    The Evil Dead
    The Exorcist III
    Them (2006)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Trick 'r Treat is a lot of fun. Hope you enjoyed it.

As for what I'm watching this month...it'll largely depend on how much time I have, but I'd like to squeeze in:

28 Days Later
    A Nightmare On Elm Street
    Alien
    Creepshow
    Evil Dead II
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    Grindhouse
    Halloween (1978)
    Halloween III
    High Tension
    Prince Of Darkness
    Se7en
    Session 9
    Shaun Of The Dead
    The Descent
    The Evil Dead
    The Exorcist III
    Them (2006)
    Trick r treat was amazingly fun. I canít believe I waited this long to watch it. Itís going to be a staple in my October viewing yearly.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Happy seasons everyone.

I’m about to start for the first time, Trick R Treat. I know, it’s been around a while just haven’t gotten to it yet.

I just got my 11 year old the first book and she loves it. Is the movie appropriate for her age?
    I don’t recall anything inappropriate. I’ve only seen it once, though.

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    watched Texas Chain Saw Massacre (my first time) and Candyman (my wife's first time) today.

TCSM was good. i can understand why it's important in the horror oeuvre and it was certainly entertaining, but it's definitely not my favorite "slasher" film.

this was the first time i'd watched candyman in probably 20 years. as a kid, it scared the fucking shit out of me. as an adult, all of the sociopolitical and racial implications are almost as upsetting as the scary shit. such a powerful film.

tomorrow is Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978) which i also haven't seen since i was a kid, so i'm very excited. and my wife has never seen it, so that's extra exciting!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    tomorrow is Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978) which i also haven't seen since i was a kid, so i'm very excited. and my wife has never seen it, so that's extra exciting!
    Dude, you’re in for a treat!

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Dude, you’re in for a treat!
    as someone who is a big fan in general of "70s film", it was great (i took a 70s film class 10 years ago when i was going to school for sound design). but as a horror movie, it was just ok.

i'm currently watching the MST3K episode Giant Spider Invasion because of the host segment references to the film haha.

tomorrow is supposed to be rosemary's baby (which i've never seen) but i just can't bring myself to watch a polanski film so we're probably going to watch something else.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    The VVitch

Never saw Goosebumps or Hocus Pocus so will watch those with the mother-in-law as she is a Hallmark Channel kinda lady.

Hotel Transylvania 3 with the nephews

last year's Halloween in 4K

Monster Squad

we never watched Sabrina or House on Haunted Hill last year so we've started those this month

is The House With A Clock In Its Walls any good?

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    is The House With A Clock In Its Walls any good?
    i second that question! i know eric kripke (creator of supernatural) had something to do with it, and i love jack black (goosebumps was super fun, we've watched it at least four times and own it on blu-ray) and cate blanchett.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i second that question! i know eric kripke (creator of supernatural) had something to do with it, and i love jack black (goosebumps was super fun, we've watched it at least four times and own it on blu-ray) and cate blanchett.
    I like it. Then again, I'm a fan of John Bellairs and Edward Gorey, so I was pleased to see a cinematic version of Bellairs. It's not perfect, but it's fun. As much as I'd like to see a sequel, I'd rather have adaptations of the stories featuring Johnny Dixon and Professor Childermass. Perhaps someday we'll at least get some sort of series, even if it's not released in theaters.

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    I like it. Then again, I'm a fan of John Bellairs and Edward Gorey, so I was pleased to see a cinematic version of Bellairs. It's not perfect, but it's fun. As much as I'd like to see a sequel, I'd rather have adaptations of the stories featuring Johnny Dixon and Professor Childermass. Perhaps someday we'll at least get some sort of series, even if it's not released in theaters.
    well it seems to be streaming on Showtime so i think we'll watch it tomorrow night! thanks <3

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    my friend mac designed a big list of horror movies for his girlfriend/my best friend justine to watch this month (since there were so many she had never seen). i've watched a bunch of them with her, some on my own (or with my wife), and some others if there were ones i had already seen or didn't want to watch. she signed up for letterboxd to keep track of them (and write reviews for most of them, which have been really cool to read). i did the same, though i haven't written many reviews, and the ones i have written are not very insightful.

here's her profile and here's mine.

sadly spending the majority of halloween tonight by myself, so i rewatched original Halloween and am now rewatching Scream (i have seen both many, many times, but i never get sick of either). wish i had some jiffy pop!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Halloween Kills wrapped filming today. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The new Saw and a new title, Spiral and a trailer...

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    The new Saw and a new title, Spiral and a trailer...

This is either gonna be a shit show or great. I don't see much middle ground. The color saturation is vomit-inducing. Like Man on Fire.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    This is either gonna be a shit show or great. I don't see much middle ground. The color saturation is vomit-inducing. Like Man on Fire.
    I'm on the fence, i've not liked a Saw for a LOOOOONG time, but i quite like what is on show here. I'll give it a chance, see if Chris Rock can do horror.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Looks better than most of the sequels. Probably won't see it in theaters, but I'll check it out. I have to admit that I got a little giddy when "Hello Zepp" started playing.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The dude that made this is super talented.