Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2266

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    I like it. Then again, I'm a fan of John Bellairs and Edward Gorey, so I was pleased to see a cinematic version of Bellairs. It's not perfect, but it's fun. As much as I'd like to see a sequel, I'd rather have adaptations of the stories featuring Johnny Dixon and Professor Childermass. Perhaps someday we'll at least get some sort of series, even if it's not released in theaters.
    well it seems to be streaming on Showtime so i think we'll watch it tomorrow night! thanks <3

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my friend mac designed a big list of horror movies for his girlfriend/my best friend justine to watch this month (since there were so many she had never seen). i've watched a bunch of them with her, some on my own (or with my wife), and some others if there were ones i had already seen or didn't want to watch. she signed up for letterboxd to keep track of them (and write reviews for most of them, which have been really cool to read). i did the same, though i haven't written many reviews, and the ones i have written are not very insightful.

here's her profile and here's mine.

sadly spending the majority of halloween tonight by myself, so i rewatched original Halloween and am now rewatching Scream (i have seen both many, many times, but i never get sick of either). wish i had some jiffy pop!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Halloween Kills wrapped filming today. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The new Saw and a new title, Spiral and a trailer...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    The new Saw and a new title, Spiral and a trailer...

This is either gonna be a shit show or great. I don't see much middle ground. The color saturation is vomit-inducing. Like Man on Fire.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    This is either gonna be a shit show or great. I don't see much middle ground. The color saturation is vomit-inducing. Like Man on Fire.
    I'm on the fence, i've not liked a Saw for a LOOOOONG time, but i quite like what is on show here. I'll give it a chance, see if Chris Rock can do horror.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Looks better than most of the sequels. Probably won't see it in theaters, but I'll check it out. I have to admit that I got a little giddy when "Hello Zepp" started playing.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    The dude that made this is super talented.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Do yourselves a favor and catch The Invisible Man. It’s utterly triumphant. Whannell has been killing it as of late.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Watched The Girl on the Third Floor yesterday. It was fine.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Can we rename this to 'The Horror Thread'? Pain in the ass to find it sometimes lol.

Shudder is giving away 30 free days for signing up, no contract, can cancel anytime....promo code is SHUTIN​.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    listening through the entirety of the Pixies discography and realizing that Surfer Rosa is a body horror film in audio form. every single song is about the grotesque nature of the human figure.

except tony's theme, i guess?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    listening through the entirety of the Pixies discography and realizing that Surfer Rosa is a body horror film in audio form. every single song is about the grotesque nature of the human figure.

except tony's theme, i guess?
    The body horror aspect is still there. The narrator forgoes the human form and imagines themself as something more than human. The start of the song mentions grease on a bike chain; our superhero form is closer to a well-oiled machine than human.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The body horror aspect is still there. The narrator forgoes the human form and imagines themself as something more than human. The start of the song mentions grease on a bike chain; our superhero form is closer to a well-oiled machine than human.
    I’m picturing Tetsuo...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I’m picturing Tetsuo...
    minus the drill penis, sure.

To be completely accurate, it's more "Big Man With A Gun" than "The Becoming" or Tetsuo. Our narrator has fully embraced being the thing they've become (want to become) rather than a slow corruption of the human form.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Can we rename this to 'The Horror Thread'? Pain in the ass to find it sometimes lol.

Shudder is giving away 30 free days for signing up, no contract, can cancel anytime....promo code is SHUTIN​.
    Was a stupid, campy title I came up with. Didn't expect it to get this many posts or pages! Any mod can change the title.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Surprised this wasn't posted:

Spyglass' 'Hellraiser' Reboot Finds Its Writing/Directing Team (Exclusive)

Better late than never... now where's that Jigoku blu-ray?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i just watched the 2009 friday the 13th remake and i have some feelings about it. here's my letterboxd review (1 star)

What a piece of shit. Filled with unlikable characters, unnecessary boobs, and un-fun kills. Plus some of the worst dialogue I've heard in a movie.

Chewie, holding a hockey stick: "Now this is a man's sport. And you're curved to the left just like my penis." WHAT THE FUCK!? Who wrote this shit!?

Jared Padalecki is literally the only good part of this movie, and you will never convince me he's not just Sam Winchester on a sabbatical from the family business who still ended up fighting a monster.
    yeah. that was a waste of time.

i watched the original Black Christmas last night, which i gave 4 stars. definitely want to rewatch it when i can have the volume up (my wife was already asleep so i had it pretty low with subtitles on).

earlier today i watched the original Evil Dead for the first time. gave it 3 stars. maybe i wasn't in the right mood? there were a lot of things about it i appreciated, but i just didn't get into it the way i wanted to / thought i would.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    earlier today i watched the original Evil Dead for the first time. gave it 3 stars. maybe i wasn't in the right mood? there were a lot of things about it i appreciated, but i just didn't get into it the way i wanted to / thought i would.
    Give Evil Dead II a try.

Did you ever watch or like the 2013 remake?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    2013 remake is fantastic. That actress gave that role her all. Completely threw herself into it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Give Evil Dead II a try.

Did you ever watch or like the 2013 remake?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    2013 remake is fantastic. That actress gave that role her all. Completely threw herself into it.
    i've heard nothing but good things about it! should i watch evil dead ii & army of darkness before i watch the remake?

just finished Leviathan. is it a bit of an Alien ripoff? yeah. is it a bit of a The Thing ripoff? sure. but it's not bad, and peter weller & ernie hudson are great. i also love hector elizando in literally everything i've ever seen him in so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    and while "say 'aah' motherfucker!" isn't as great of a line as "yeah? well, fuck you, too!" just before blowing up a creature, it's still pretty entertaining.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 04-27-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the remake has nothing to do with the original movies. completely separate and much much darker.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    i've heard nothing but good things about it! should i watch evil dead ii & army of darkness before i watch the remake?
    The 2013 remake is actually really good. It’s basically a remake/reboot.

Probably my fave reboot/remake besides The Thing and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The 2013 remake is actually really good. It’s basically a remake/reboot.

Probably my fave reboot/remake besides The Thing and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
    Absolutely love the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake.

Watched The Invitation yesterday and...it was not good. While it had a somewhat interesting premise, the execution was awkward at best.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Watched The Invitation yesterday and...it was not good. While it had a somewhat interesting premise, the execution was awkward at best.
    really? i freakin' loved it. the sense of dread i had the whole time was nearly overwhelming. and it kept defying my expectations/guesses as to what i thought was going to happen.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    really? i freakin' loved it. the sense of dread i had the whole time was nearly overwhelming. and it kept defying my expectations/guesses as to what i thought was going to happen.
    I loved the very end of it when they looked over the valley. Mostly I just thought the acting from some of the ancillary characters was pretty bad, I guess.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just watched "Scream, Queen!" the documentary about Nightmare On Elm Street 2 (and more specifically about Mark Patton). as a documentary, it wasn't the most impressive one i've ever seen from a filmmaking perspective, but the content was fantastic. highly recommended if you're a fan of that film, or if you're a queer horror fan in general.