Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2272

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    so i never watched rosemary's baby before last night, and jesus fuck, all that hail satan was a trip.
    My mother saw that movie when it came out and it scared the shit out of her. She never wanted to see it again. Unless I decide to buy the Criterion DVD in the next Barnes & Noble sale in November. *cackle*

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    sooooo ... august underground. anyone else see that smut? i resent even italicising the title.

and there's sequels? shock horror has its place (salo, cannibal holocaust, etc), but this? just garbage. human depravity at its absolute lowest.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    ^Never heard of it. It has a 3.8 on IMDB. That was your first hint.

I watched Inferno last night. Good movie. Suspiria was better. Guess I need to watch Mother of Tears to complete the trilogy.

Also saw The Blackcoat's Daughters, which is a slow paced thriller wrongfully classified as horror. A rare instance of imdb score being way below metacritic score. It was definitely not that great. Did seem to have a point.
    @elevenism check out Before I Wake. I really liked it. I think you will too.

I downloaded a bunch 70s horror movies. Nosferatu The Vampire, Eraserhead, Don't Look Now and Phantasm.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    ^Never heard of it. It has a 3.8 on IMDB. That was your first hint.
    i've never checked imdb before watching a movie. it was sent to me, i dredged through the whole thing and hated myself for it. i doubt imdb wouldve stopped me, but oh well. guess i can be glad no one here has heard of it.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i've never checked imdb before watching a movie. it was sent to me, i dredged through the whole thing and hated myself for it. i doubt imdb wouldve stopped me, but oh well. guess i can be glad no one here has heard of it.
    I would generally agree that IMDB isn't reliable with horror titles. However, I tend to skip the ones under 4. You'd have to be really lucky to find a gem within those low rated titles.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Is the latest Evil Dead worth watching and does it tie into the tv show Ash Vs. The Evil Dead?
    I bought it on Blu-ray but I haven't watched it yet since I'm waiting for the AVED blu ray to come out and watch the movie before I watch the series.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Is the latest Evil Dead worth watching and does it tie into the tv show Ash Vs. The Evil Dead?
    I bought it on Blu-ray but I haven't watched it yet since I'm waiting for the AVED blu ray to come out and watch the movie before I watch the series.
    It has nothing to do with the TV show. Well I mean besides the necronomicon and Ash but the story itself is just a remake of the original. As far as I'm concerned, I thought it was fucking awesome. It is the true definition of a horror movie. Scary, dark, terrifying soundtrack and gory as hell. One of the few movies I've rated 9/10.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It has nothing to do with the TV show. Well I mean besides the necronomicon and Ash but the story itself is just a remake of the original.
    It's worth noting that there has been talk of doing a crossover between the remake and the original.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    It's worth noting that there has been talk of doing a crossover between the remake and the original.
    I'm down with that. Anything Evil Dead related I'm cool with. I was worried about the tv show at first and it turned out great.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I just recently read that at the San Diego Comic Con they mentioned that they finally got the rights to Army of Darkness.
    In season 2 of AVED they are going to reference AOD and that their plan is to make a movie after 5 seasons.
    The movie will most likely include both Ash and Mia!

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Oh my dear god, sorry for double post, but if you are referring to the 2013 remake, it was JUST ABOUT as good as it gets in terms of general, all around horror movies.
    I honestly don't know how to describe it...it is like the og, but it's UNBELIEVABLY fucking disturbing and unsettling. And i'm not talking about gore, i'm talking sheer fucking, what-the-fuck-did-we-just-watch TERROR. It was INSANELY intense and shocked the shit out of the 3 seasoned horror fans in my household.
    It's like excorcist level, but for a good long while instead of a few scenes.
    I cant recommend that shit enuff, honestly

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I cant recommend that shit enuff, honestly
    You just have to forget that it has anything to do with Evil Dead at all. Its like Evil Dead acting all super duper serious all of a sudden. Which works, I agree, as a standalone horror movie. If you watch it hoping that it connects with the rest of the ED universe in terms of tone and direction, it really doesn't.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    You just have to forget that it has anything to do with Evil Dead at all. Its like Evil Dead acting all super duper serious all of a sudden. Which works, I agree, as a standalone horror movie. If you watch it hoping that it connects with the rest of the ED universe in terms of tone and direction, it really doesn't.
    This is true.
    But it is one of the scariest horror flicks i've ever seen.
    and thanks for the link @Deepvoid

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid , i fucking ADORED Before I Wake.
    Thank you. I never made the directorial connection between Absentia and Occulus. Flanagan is bad ass.

SO: i am in the mood for some creepily done documentaries.
    I don't mind the facts being a LITTLE flimsy,as long as we aren't talking full on mockumentary/found footage territory.
    The Nightmare is a great example of what i have in mind, and damn, i'd LOVE to see something like that based on the ranch that inspired the Skinwalkers aka Skinwalker Ranch flick.

Does anyone have any good ideas for good ole elevenoe?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid , i fucking ADORED Before I Wake.
    Thank you. I never made the directorial connection between Absentia and Occulus. Flanagan is bad ass.

SO: i am in the mood for some creepily done documentaries.
    I don't mind the facts being a LITTLE flimsy,as long as we aren't talking full on mockumentary/found footage territory.
    The Nightmare is a great example of what i have in mind, and damn, i'd LOVE to see something like that based on the ranch that inspired the Skinwalkers aka Skinwalker Ranch flick.

Does anyone have any good ideas for good ole elevenoe?
    You've probably seen Cropsey?

Here's a documentary I found on youtube regarding the Skinwalker Ranch.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    hey @Deepvoid . I fucking adored Before I Wake.
    Thank you for the tip. I think you understand my tastes perfectly.
    So what else is new and good. Anything?

Also, this.
    I'm a sucker for those possessed/dead people making weird sounds and appearing out of nowhere like the one you see in the previews.
    I get that it appears like your typical horror movie with jump scares.
    So much win. I LOVE that shit too.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-13-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    hey @Deepvoid . I fucking adored Before I Wake.
    Thank you for the tip. I think you understand my tastes perfectly.
    So what else is new and good. Anything?

Also, this.

So much win. I LOVE that shit too.
    A friend of mine went to see Lights Out. Apparently it's very good.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    A friend of mine went to see Lights Out. Apparently it's very good.
    yeeaaahhhh...but remember, i live ninety miles from the closest theater these days.

Conjuring 2 will be available in sept at least.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Baskin is worth checking out. I believe it's on the American Netflix now.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of watching Session 9 and Raising Cain. Can anyone comment on these flicks?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm thinking of watching Session 9 and Raising Cain. Can anyone comment on these flicks?
    Session 9 is pretty good as far as I'm concerned. In a land of shitty "paranormal" movies, this one is definitely above average. It's no Conjuring but it's effective and does a good job creating some tension. @elevenism you've seen this one right? It's right in your alley. How did you like it?

I haven't seen Raising Cain so I can't help you with this one.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I haven't seen Session 9 but I have seen Raising Cain which I actually like. It's kind of over-the-top and very stylized but that is often expected with Brian de Palma as it play into the ideas of identity and obsession. I just like the film a lot as it's just nuts.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Third installment in this franchise. Looks alright. Not sure if it's worthy of watching in theaters but will definitely catch it on home video.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Saw this earlier....two things:

1. Holy shit it gives away a lot. Do they really need to show that much, especially the Spoiler: plane sequence which would've been an awesome thing to be happily surprised by? Fuck these people.
    2. It's basically 90% the same movie as the original Ring. Fuck these people lol.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Saw this earlier....two things:

1. Holy shit it gives away a lot. Do they really need to show that much, especially the Spoiler: plane sequence which would've been an awesome thing to be happily surprised by? Fuck these people.
    2. It's basically 90% the same movie as the original Ring. Fuck these people lol.
    I thought the same thing when they started counting down the days in the trailer. Why are they showing us the whole goddamn movie.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Cool. I love John Lithgow as an actor too.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    TBH, @Deepvoid , i hated it, session 9! i thought it was awful!
    this is a rare divergence of taste for us, i know.
    @Ryan you might like it.
    a lot of people LOVE it.
    @marodi loves it.

i just thought it was poorly put together, i didn't catch the theme, and it didn't scare me.

i knoe i'm in the minority on this, but such is the subjective nature of art.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Late to the game, but I finally watched Deathgasm and loved every second of it! As both a horror movie and heavy metal fan, I'm already looking forward to revisiting this one again soon.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid and everybody, The Conjuring 2 dvd rip leaked to those sites we would never visit last nite

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid and everybody, The Conjuring 2 dvd rip leaked to those sites we would never visit last nite
    Went to see my parents on Friday and I made them watch it. They had seen the first. It scared the crap out of my mom.
    I absolutely loved it. Actually thought it was better than the first one.
    Looks like we have a winner with this franchise. What's cool about it is that the they have so much case file they can chose from.

I've read that Wan is interested in tackling the The Werewolf of Southend, which would be the worst case to adapt imo.
    I'd love for Wan to revisit A Haunting In Connecticut. The Smurl haunting is also one of their most famous case that could make an interesting movie.