Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    That "The Hallow" movie looks fucking sweet!

Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    i'm amped up about this (supposedly) final Paranormal Activity movie.
    I plan to actually catch it in 3d, imax if possible.
    I know those flicks are kind of divisive, but i adore them.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm a fan too. I loved The Marked Ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    As far as M Knight goes, i actually really liked the happening, lady in the water, and the village.

they weren't as good as signs or the sixth sense but i dug them.

Devil wasn't very good but it was decent.

And then Wayward Pines was fucking MINDBLOWING.

There is supposed to be a film that MKS shot in secret called the visit that will come out soon,
    saw "The Visit" today and was really impressed with it, I have no critical distance at this point, but I'd rank it somewhere around signs & unbreakable quality.

just a very well put together horrorish film.

--

on a unrelated note saw "Sinister 2" the other day, it made me forget why I liked "Sinister" in the first place, their hook is still in full play - the snuff films are as grim and gruesome as I remembered but everything else just seems so utterly shite it just becomes farcical and silly - and not in a well it's meant to be that way sort of way. it's just fucking amateur hour levels of stupidity.

Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koz-ivan View Post
    saw "The Visit" today and was really impressed with it, I have no critical distance at this point, but I'd rank it somewhere around signs & unbreakable quality.

just a very well put together horrorish film.

--

on a unrelated note saw "Sinister 2" the other day, it made me forget why I liked "Sinister" in the first place, their hook is still in full play - the snuff films are as grim and gruesome as I remembered but everything else just seems so utterly shite it just becomes farcical and silly - and not in a well it's meant to be that way sort of way. it's just fucking amateur hour levels of stupidity.
    So no-go on sinister 2, huh? and "the visit" is the hot ticket? i'm excited.

Does anyone else here concur? i haven't caught it yet.

that movie "the tunnel" that @Deepvoid turned me on to was pretty damned good. It reminded me the first paranormal activity. There were pretty much NO special effects, but it was effective as a supernatural/unnamed-and-unexplained-evil type of flick. If you are a fan of the supernatural style horror flicks, i recommend it. And it was a free release, so it's a no guilt download.
    @Deepvoid have you seen skinwalker ranch?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

@Deepvoid have you seen skinwalker ranch?
    Yes, I've seen it. Pretty good too!

I've got 96 titles on my watchlist. Only a few are horrors. I'm running out of titles to watch.

The ones I have right now are

Left For Dead
    The Haunted Place
    The Battery
    Excision
    Mulberry St.

Unfortunately, Mulberry St. I can't find anywhere. I though it looked pretty good.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    New image released from Zombie's "31".
    According to Bloody Disgusting, he recently screened it and the reaction was positive. Zombie compared it to The Devil's Rejects.

Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Hey everybody, i missed one: The Den, from 2013.

It has a little more of the slicing people than i generally go for, but it's certainly not over the top. I generally only go for the supernatural type of horror movies-most of the other ones just make me feel bad for the people who are getting sliced and don't scare me at all.

But this one is mysterious and clever enough to work for me. I had to watch something else before i went to sleep!

Also, i just watched Pay The Ghost. I think that it came out on some kind of streaming service today and is therefore available on the ahem cough cough site.

It's got Nick Cage in it, and it wasn't BAD, but it wasn't exactly GOOD either. Definitely worth checking out if you are in to the supernatural stuff.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Anyone else watching Scream Queens?
    First episode was kinda hectic. Not sure I liked it.
    Let's see what the 2nd hour brings.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Anyone else watching Scream Queens?
    First episode was kinda hectic. Not sure I liked it.
    Let's see what the 2nd hour brings.
    I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the first two episodes. The advertisements didn't impress me, but the amount of humor in the show was something I wasn't expecting and I really liked it. Both episodes were fun and entertaining.

I'm beginning my Halloween horror movie watching a little earlier this year. I'm seeing The Green Inferno on Thursday night and I'm going to watch Cabin Fever and Hostel tomorrow after work. I didn't realize this was Eli Roth's first movie he's directed since Hostel II (excluding the excellent Thanksgiving trailer and Nation's Pride for Inglorious Bastards), I actually assumed some of the stuff he'd produced he'd also wrote and directed, but I guess that's not the case. Anyone else watching The Green Inferno this weekend?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the first two episodes. The advertisements didn't impress me, but the amount of humor in the show was something I wasn't expecting and I really liked it. Both episodes were fun and entertaining.
    I definitely enjoyed the 2nd episode more. I think I was just caught off guard by the style and the dialogue.
    You really have to look at this show as an homage to 80s horror movies and all of their cliches.

Will keep watching.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just got back from watching The Green Inferno. Overall, it's a very well made and entertaining horror film. I liked that the film takes it's time introducing its characters and their cause that progresses the story from New York to the Amazon. The first forty-five minutes takes its sweet time getting things started, but I found myself enjoying the progression. It's a lot for a modern day horror movie to ask it's audience to be patient, especially since most rely on instant gratification and jump scares to keep the audience's attention. But it pays off for The Green Inferno. The second act is gory, intense, and delivers all the right punches when it comes to the sheer terror of the activists' situation. My only complaint would be the humor that awkwardly inserts itself into the situation at random times. Any attempt at comic relief, particularly during the last half hour when The Green Inferno is in full swing, doesn't elicit laughs, but rather confusion. It's trying to insert dark humor in a dark situation and it just doesn't work. I recommend checking this one out. The internet hype train's already put this thing on a pedestal, and while it's not the nauseous bloodbath to end all nauseous bloodbaths, it is a very good watch if you're a horror fan.
    Last edited by mrselfdestruct94; 09-25-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Loved green inferno. The first third or so is kind of awkward (writing wasn't the greatest) but once they hit the Amazon it is in full swing. First kill was sooo brutal. Loved it. Can't believe it took almost 3 years to finally see this movie

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm loving Scream Queens, even though it feels a bit like American Horror Story: Coven v2.0. Jamie Lee is stealing the show, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    While not strictly horror, there is at least one Yakuza Vampire in it
    New movie from Takashi Miike. Audition, Ichi the Killer and Visitor Q are all big favorites of mine, so I'm very excited about this!!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hmmm amusing!

I bought Rocky Horror Picture Show today on blu-ray. 40th Celebration edition. I shall save it for October Halloween/Horror Movie nights!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Speaking of Takashi Miike, have any of you seen The Happiness of the Katakuris? Probably the best horror musical I've ever seen. It's absolutely absurd. It's a remake of the South Korean film The Quiet Family with a nice Takashi Miike twist.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I randomly came across a horror comedy called 'Gravy' last night on some website. It was a suprisingly decent little film!

I don't recommend it to vegetarians though..

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This looks like it has potential. Maybe.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Don't waste your time with The Gallows. What a snoozfest.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rewatched the Nightmare On Elm Street series, and holy fuck, I forgot how disturbing New Nightmare is. I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. That Freddy look had always been the one that haunted me.

As for others, the first one is a classic and the rest are enjoyable to watch (especially Dream Warriors, but Freddy's Dead is pretty damn lame), but none of those really disturb me anymore like New Nightmare. I don't know, maybe it's just the nostalgia from being terrified by it when I was a kid.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New Nightmare is definitely good. I think it is one of the better sequels. Though, I firmly believe this horror franchise with its endless sequels had NO bad films.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Handjob Cabin trailer.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Handjob Cabin trailer.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Kickstarter raising funds for what appears to be a badass next gen 'Friday The 13th' game.

Had to drop $50 to get in on it, they want 700K and since this morning they're well over 125K, which is nuts.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    After Wes Cravens death I caught New Nightmare from 1994 on Horror channel, its a near masterpiece, i think its his greatest film.
    Very creepy, but one thing i noticed was how disorientating if was, the way an insomniac feels, you feel confused , can feel the way the main characters do.
    The film has an incredible atmosphere, really funny and just...smart..it flopped on release people assumed it would just be another shitty sequel, its something very very different, and its a cult classic now but i think it overshadows everything else in the franchise.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I highly recommend the movie creep it just came out last year, its really good.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2428170/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So I'm watching the Hellraiser sequels past number 3 for the first time, and I have to say, Inferno and Hellseeker would have probably been great movies if they weren't shoehorned into being associated with the Hellraiser series. Bloodline, however, is a complete turd either way.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Green Inferno has leaked!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    So I'm watching the Hellraiser sequels past number 3 for the first time, and I have to say, Inferno and Hellseeker would have probably been great movies if they weren't shoehorned into being associated with the Hellraiser series. Bloodline, however, is a complete turd either way.
    Agreed on Hellraiser: Inferno. The whole cliched cop plotline didn't work well with the Hellraiser aspect thrown in. There are bits of Noir/Neo-Noir throughout that would have made all of the cop stuff "work", but those were cut short to seemingly show off some new, wacky cenobite(s).

I think that same script within the confines of say, the Tortured Souls world, could be amazing.