Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I haven't watched any of them yet. I'm downloading more than I can actually watch. I should be able to catch a couple on Sunday.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I haven't watched any of them yet. I'm downloading more than I can actually watch. I should be able to catch a couple on Sunday.
    i can't find it follows ANYWHERE.
    it was released last year at festivals.
    and it had a limited release here yesterday.
    usually these indy flicks leak, you know?
    will you look?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I caught It Follows yesterday. It's very well done. Very unsettling. I highly recommend it. Even the score is fantastic! Maika Monroe is 2 for 2 with The Guest and this.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I was able to catch up on some of the titles mentioned in this thread.

Cassadaga: I liked the idea behind the human puppets but everything was average about it. 5/10

Let Us Prey: To be honest, I fell asleep halfway through. I thought the whole movie was a train wreck. 4/10

Clown: Started off good for the first 30 minutes. Then, the middle part dragged and failed to keep me interested. Thankfully, it finished strong for the last 20 minutes or so. Cool idea. Decent acting. 6/10.

The Woman in Black 2: I loved the first one (7/10). From the cinematography to the jump scare, I thought it was one of the good horror flick coming out in 2012. The sequel, not so much. A snooze fest. It was pretty much a copy/paste of the first movie so it made for a less scary, less original movie. 5/10
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 03-30-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    A couple of new releases for those looking at expending their collection.

The Atticus Institute
    Let Us Pray
    Let Us Prey was , in my opinion, way too pretentious for what it delivered.
    The Atticus Institute was sooo promising, I really liked how it treated its plot, and then it crashed, hard. As if the writers got bored or lost right before the climax and decided to wrap it up as easily as they could. It's one of those movies that build up to something massive and deliver just as much, if not less, than your average horror flick.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I caught It Follows yesterday. It's very well done. Very unsettling. I highly recommend it. Even the score is fantastic! Maika Monroe is 2 for 2 with The Guest and this.
    Agreed, It Follows is fantastic.

Halloween is hands down my fav horror film of all time...this had several of those elements. Obv it can't touch the classic, but it had that feel (def a homage to the original carpenter film)....And the score is absolutely outstanding.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Speaking of Halloween, here's the first photo from Rob Zombie's next project "31".

This is Doom-Head

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Here are a couple of titles I saw appeared today.

Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead
    Found

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Oh Sam, the things you're making me do... why???

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

Oh Sam, the things you're making me do... why???
    I'll end up watching it even though we all know it's not going to be as good as the original.
    I'm going to refrain from saying it'll suck because I'm a sucker for lazy remakes. At best, it'll be entertaining.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i've had to stop watching horror movies for a few days because of this

i found out about it and spent hours researching it.

it started consuming my thoughts. it gave me nightmares.

if you are into horror, well, check this out. you will probably be interested.
    i'm not exactly sure what happened, but there is something very, very wrong.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't know why she pressed all the buttons, but her behaviour afterwards seems like she was just trying to trigger the elevator door to close (going in and out, standing away from it in case she was blocking the sensor, checking if there was someone outside, etc..).
    Last edited by Nyx; 04-04-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    This is one fucked up story. So many unanswered questions.

They are making a movie about this called The Bringing. It's only in development stage.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I don't know why she pressed all the buttons, but her behaviour afterwards seems like she was just trying to trigger the elevator door to close (going in and out, standing away from it in case she was blocking the sensor, checking if there was someone outside, etc..).
    but what about the bizarre hand gestures?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Looks like she was talking to someone out of frame, maybe someone from the staff, hell, maybe to her killer.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    all i know is that there is something fucked up WRONG with the Elisa Lam case.
    It got DEEP under my skin.

But i was finally able to get back to watching horror.

Devil's Backbone Texas was pretty good and so was Mr Jones. Both are on netflix

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Right, I have a date night coming up with this guy and he's a horror fan. I need some cheesy recommendations, please. The only definite is that I'm showing him the cinematic marvel that is Sleepaway Camp.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Dead Alive by Peter Jackson. I don't know if it's the kind of cheesy you're looking for.

I got around watching The Town That Dreaded Sundown. Cool flick. Loved the "trombone kill".
    Also watched Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead. Above average zombie flick. They should have put a few more $$ in the CGI though. Some of them at the beginning looked like shit but aside from that, it was good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Christ, I haven't seen Dead Alive (Brain Dead in my part of the world) in at least a decade. I wasn't blown away, from what I can recall. I'm sure we can just watch some standard slashers like a Friday the 13th sequel or something.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Finally got around to seeing It Follows last Thursday. While my reaction was initially mixed, now that I've had a chance to think about what I watched I've decided that I really enjoyed it. The score reminded me of a mix between John Carpenter's Halloween and the original A Nightmare on Elm Street. The aesthetic had me recalling Halloween as well. It never establishes an exact time when it takes place, as it has a very retro feel to it (I'd say early 80's) but then one character has a cell phone and another has a kindle device. The acting could have been better. Every delivery is monotone and the performances had me recalling something out of a Wes Anderson film. This film kept me interested from beginning to end, and the sense of dread permeating every scene was fantastic. While the hype machine is driving this movie towards impossibly high expectations, I will say that It Follows is the best horror movie I've seen since The Conjuring and will definitely be one of the more notable films fans of the genre will recall for years to come.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I really can't wait to see It Follows. Most critics I've read have been very positive.

On an unrelated note, here's the first teaser for The Gallows. Release date July 2015.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw It Follows last Sunday.... now that is a horror film.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I recommend it, highly.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The Pyramid was released yesterday.
    I've been looking forward to this one.

Other notable titles that saw the light of the day lately:
    Lost River (directorial debut of Ryan Gosling). Maybe more mystery than horror.
    Echos
    Deep In the Darkness

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I can't fucking wait for Unfriended and It Follows. @thevoid99 , it follows was dope?
    @Deepvoid , i was excited about the pyramid but i didn't dig it so much :/

Good GOD have you guys seen the Evil Dead remake? It was fucking NUTS.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I can't fucking wait for Unfriended and It Follows. @thevoid99 , it follows was dope?

Why yes. Read my review: http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2015/04/it-follows.html

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Evil Dead remake is the best thing since sliced bread.
    I've watched it about half a dozen time so far. I absolutely love that movie.
    It's a blast to watch stoned.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Evil Dead remake is the best thing since sliced bread.
    I've watched it about half a dozen time so far. I absolutely love that movie.
    It's a blast to watch stoned.
    right? i couldn't fucking believe it.
    my mother is a die hard horror fan...it's pretty much all she watches (that's where i got it from.)
    And it was almost too much even for her.

I'm gonna watch it again because i was nodding, but good lord it blew my mind.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    The Pyramid was released yesterday.
    I've been looking forward to this one.
    That movie may have sounded good on paper, but visually it ended up being just plain silly.
    They play the mystery card for a while, then it's CGI galore and that's where it fails hard. They should have kept the whole thing ambiguous, in my opinion.
    I liked the premise, the setting, but eventually they decided to hamfist something that would have benefited from a lot more subtlety...

Then again, I hate it when a movie building up on mystery suddenly decides that Aliens/Demons/Mutants is the perfect and definitive answer to everything. They end up looking like an unfinished Scooby-Doo episode.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Then again, I hate it when a movie building up on mystery suddenly decides that Aliens/Demons/Mutants is the perfect and definitive answer to everything. They end up looking like an unfinished Scooby-Doo episode.
    Every M. Night Shyamalan movie, ever.

It's becoming way too commonplace in horror these days. Some would probably argue it's been like that all along.