Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I'm a non-drinker, too. I do drink on occasion, but not nearly enough to be called a "drinker". I have health concerns, so I'll have maybe one light beer a week at absolute most. There are lots of times when I feel like it's preventing me from meeting more people.
I don't think it should either, but I've seen and heard of it being a barrier for some people. As for me, and this is just me, but drinker or not, I don't mind hanging out as long as we're cool. That's all that really matters to me.

The funny thing about that is the fact that I'm a musician, so I actually spend quite a lot of time in bars. I've been hit on a few times at gigs, but never from anyone even remotely resembling sober, and I'm not the kind of guy who would take a drunk girl into the bathroom to make out with her/have a quickie.
I see what you mean, since I'm sure lots of people probably could and would expect the opposite from a musician, but of course, I wouldn't be one of those people that would hold it against you. I also don't think I'd even want to do that either, unless we really were cool, but would still prefer my bedroom or her bedroom... not a public bathroom.

So yes, I can definitely relate to you there. Sometimes I just feel so out of place and paranoid about trying to talk to girls who are drinking and I'm just sitting there with my glass of water. Doesn't always stop me from trying, though. You shouldn't let it get in the way of trying to meet people, either. And as we all know, not everyone who drinks is a raging drunk. You might meet a sweet non-drinking girl who was just dragged out to a bar by her friends :P
That's true, and that would be one hell of a fine coincidence for me, should that ever happen. Thank you for your kind words and reassurance as well.