Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Penny Dreadful

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So i guess that's it then?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, confirmed to always have been a 3 year plan. Pretty shocking ending, but I think it wrapped it up nicely.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Always have been a 3 year plan? somehow i think that's bull, the finale seemed kind of rushed and didn't quite conclude some of the story lines. There had to have been rewrites.

I mean some monologues and a character death. Really?

Fuck this show's finale.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm not buying that this series was planned to be wrapped up in three seasons. I mean, they introduced Dr. Jekyll without giving us Mr. Hyde?

Was a little disappointed we didn't get to see Chandler's werewolf vs. Dracula. I mean with the episode prior, it pretty much got everyone's hopes up I feel.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    They had a question and answer with the creators of the show, and they said they knew it wasn't going to be a long running show (Who says that?) and that they knew they would wrap it up in three seasons mid second season. The way it ended was fine with me, but I was expecting more to be honest. I was expecting an epic battle with Dracula and Ethan as well, but it was still cool to see Dracula do some cool maneuvers. I was satisfied, but they could have done so much more, even with Eva Green's absence. What I found jarring in the interview was that they said without Vanessa, there is no show... are you kidding me?? Anyway, what I did like is that you can see how much Vanessa altered all of these characters lives, and they know how to find themselves again in some way. I did like the open interpretation of it all.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-01-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    New series. All new characters...

Edit: Phone isn't cooperating.. Sorry for the useless info.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-01-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    After that wreck of a third season 3 and finale, I have no interest in this sequel series.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Glad to see we have a thread for this. I just finished the first season but I've been madly in love with it since the second episode. The story is excellent, the show is visually stunning and the acting is absolutely out of this world.

The biggest surprise for me is Josh Hartnett. I'll admit to sort of having been holding Pearl Harbor against him (and against Affleck) so I've always had a very meh opinion about him. However, he is amazing in this. I'll cut him some slack from now on.

Oh and yes, I know all of them spoilers, because that's how I roll.

I wish too that there would be a fourth season instead of a new story and cast but I'll still give it a try.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Glad to see we have a thread for this. I just finished the first season but I've been madly in love with it since the second episode. The story is excellent, the show is visually stunning and the acting is absolutely out of this world.

The biggest surprise for me is Josh Hartnett. I'll admit to sort of having been holding Pearl Harbor against him (and against Affleck) so I've always had a very meh opinion about him. However, he is amazing in this. I'll cut him some slack from now on.

Oh and yes, I know all of them spoilers, because that's how I roll.

I wish too that there would be a fourth season instead of a new story and cast but I'll still give it a try.
    I fell in love with this show for the pure fact that there was nothing else like it on television, and the cast of course. Hartnett is a very underrated actor in my opinion, but what plagued him was his decisions for the roles he plays.

Season 2 is my favorite of the series, with season 3 being a disappointment yes, and frustrating. They could have done so much more with season 3; it felt rushed and directionless with storylines not panning out, and so-so writing but I still enjoyed it. For me.. Any Penny Dreadful is better than no Penny Dreadful.