Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Confessions

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I *cannot* listen to Suck when other people are around. Or I at least have to skip the last whispering bit. When he says "I want to do terrible things to you", I get a boner and it is no good for anyone.

It is more tolerable NOT in headphones. But if I'm listening to it in headphones, I have to skip that bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I *cannot* listen to Suck when other people are around. Or I at least have to skip the last whispering bit. When he says "I want to do terrible things to you", I get a boner and it is no good for anyone.

It is more tolerable NOT in headphones. But if I'm listening to it in headphones, I have to skip that bit.
    "Throbbing member" has never been more accurate...

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Okay KILLER. I can share my other epic nailfail. i didnt want to do two in a row.

Okay...May 23, 2000...my little brother's last day of his senior year.
    And who should be playing at the fabled Coca Cola Starplex but NIN, with A Perfect Circle!

Everyone was drinking before the show, but as my brother had to drive us there, i chose to wait until the parking lot out of respect. This was the first (and last) time i drank before or during a show outside of a bar.
    My brother Aztec had a bottle of jose quervo, a pint. We drank that motherfucker FAST, but i drank the most of it...my alcoholism was just starting, unbeknownst to me.

We went into the show where we had lawn seats, but a pair of us had seat-seats, and we did the old bring the whole crew down one at a time thing to get to about the fifth row. A Perfect Circle was AMAZING. During the set, all my friends had gone back to the lawn and i didn't realize it.

I was already drunk as FUCK, when i ran into good old Kasper, who had smuggled a couple of water bottles full of whiskey into the show. Well, i chugged that shit too...he didn't know how much i had already drank.
    It was HOT and i hadn't eaten.

Well, NIN came out and launched into Terrible Lie, and i stood up on my seat...and then i fell down. I was hurt pretty bad, but it was the booze that was really fucking me. After Terrible Lie, all i remember is laying on the ground...for the whole show. I KIND OF heard the songs at least, but pretty quick i was throwing up all over the place and it became an introspective nightmare. I had alcohol POISONING, i'm sure of it!

When the lights came on, people were like "he needs an ambulance!," but my stupid 20 year old ass didn't want THAT shit. So i stumbled outside the arena and found a nice grassy spot where i could lay down. People leaving the show were cheering at me and getting me to kind of look up and taking pictures with me...i really didn't care. i felt SO bad physically.

Aztech found me two hours after the show had ended, on the entire wrong side of the arena.

Can i facepalm my own post?
    I try to laugh about it now, but isn't it funny how...yeah, i guess it's KINDA funny 14 years later. but i can still remember throwing up tequila and cheep whiskey on my hands and knees on the concrete while Even Deeper was being played.
    that was crazy depressing. oy, i'm so sorry i used to be pretty uptight about drinking or getting high before or during shows. i was obsessed with remembering details. a justice show in 2007 (i think?) changed that, but i stay super conscious of what i'm ingesting because it would be so easy for me to have a similar experience.

to stay on topic with the thread (and the op), apc was the shittiest opener this side of the bug.

so maybe it's *semi* on topic (i realize there's a thread for that), but i've said it before and i mean it.
    Last edited by kel; 07-07-2014 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't like Terrible Lie, Heresy, or Suck.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I'm sensing a pattern here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'm sensing a pattern here.
    spoiler alert: it's jesus

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    What about The Wretched? *Waits to see if the pattern will actually be broken.*
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-08-2014 at 05:16 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Terrible Lie isn't anti-God though, it's angry with God, not denying him. Or angry with a God surrogate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like 'Something I Can Never Have'

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    yeah terrible lie is just about the most godly nin song.
    you have to be pretty fucking aware of SOME kind of god to be having an extended discourse with him, her or it, and blaming this god for your problems.

in fact, i think that most christians (that aren't fucking mindless sheep, which is admittedly a VERY few,)
    could definitely relate to terrible lie.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    When he says "I want to do terrible things to you", I get a boner and it is no good for anyone.
    How so? Describe...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Suck really turns me on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Closer to God makes me horny as hell.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Purest Feeling makes my dick erect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think still is beautiful i want to cry ever time listen to that album

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I used to make copies of Nine Inch Nails albums on CD-Rs and gave them away for free back in most of 2002-2006.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-09-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Speaking of embarrasing concert moments...

I saw NIN for the first time in Wiesen Austria in 2000, so it was a festival show, and it was amazing. I was 17, so I didn't get too close to the stage, was kind of in the back, but an hour or so into the show I sensed that it's about to end, so I climbed onto my friend's shoulders to get a good look at the band on stage. The crowd misunderstood and thought that I wanted to crowd surf, they grabbed me and started taking me towards the stage...
    ...as Hurt started playing.

I fucking crowd surfed to Hurt.

I felt like such a dick, because it's a very emotional song, and I was dying inside, and it took forever to reach the stage area, felt like forever, this snail paced crawl, since the song was slow and the crowd wasn't exactly rocking. I know that I probably looked like a dick. From time to time I search youtube for videos titled 'Asshole kid crowd surfs to Hurt', but thank god it was before cameraphones...
    Last edited by hellospaceboy; 07-09-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not the most disrespectful thing you could have done during that song. To quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    My first NIN gig. Attended with my best friend.

Dem people singing HLAH together.

If any one of you saw a guy throwing up into his pint cup during Hurt, that was me.

Best night ever.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    How so? Describe...
    I mean... I just get turned on. And it isn't always the best time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I consider everything up to With Teeth to be "real" NIN.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I end up thinking and feeling that those albums are "essential" NIN as well, especially when it comes to letting people listen who are interested, or would be most likely interested in listening to NIN albums for the very first time. This isn't to say that Year Zero to Hesitation Marks are bad albums for new listeners either, but I often tend to go for Pretty Hate Machine to The Fragile and/or With Teeth when bringing up NIN to new/potential fans. Those albums also have the bulk of the greatest hits anyway.

I'm also not sure if this fits more into Controversial NIN Opinions, but I've sometimes wished that NIN went through with performing at the 2005 MTV Movie Awards. I was always for NIN performing on live TV anyway.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-10-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick_among_pure View Post
    Including or not including WT?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I end up thinking and feeling that those albums are "essential" NIN as well, especially when it comes to letting people listen who are interested, or would be most likely interested in listening to NIN albums for the very first time. This isn't to say that Year Zero to Hesitation Marks are bad albums for new listeners either, but I often tend to go for Pretty Hate Machine to The Fragile and/or With Teeth when bringing up NIN to new/potential fans. Those albums also have the bulk of the greatest hits anyway.

I'm also not sure if this fits more into Controversial NIN Opinions, but I've sometimes wished that NIN went through with performing at the 2005 MTV Movie Awards. I was always for NIN performing on live TV anyway.
    Y u no mention The Slip?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Because The Slip came out before Hesitation Marks, and the word to meant everything else in between.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-29-2015 at 02:30 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I like only 6 tracks from TGWTDT soundtrack (and these 2 songs too). Because of some unknown for me reason, I listened the rest of tracks only for a couple of seconds (SIC!)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    for those of you who keep saying APC was such an awful opening act, do you just not like APC?
    i saw them 3 times and i thought they were awesome.
    but i adore that band, especially Mer De Noms.

If you just didn't like the show, check out Stone and Echo on youtube.
    It is un fucking believable how good they sound, for real.
    It's like the best mixing of a rock show that i've ever heard.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I've never understood the cut-off points some people have made for NIN, by which I mean a lot of people have said that they consider "[insert album] to [insert album]" real NIN. How could anything with the name not count as long as Trent's behind it? I mean, I understand when some people say these things about bands like Smashing Pumpkins, because well, yeah, all but one of the original members remain, so I could see where someone might consider it a different act at some point, but considering "Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor" I think NIN is whatever Trent is. And if it's stylistic changes, well, this is the band that went from Down In It to Last, from Ruiner to La Mer. It's always been diverse and to me it's one of the greatest things about Nine Inch Nails, I always can find something to fit what I'm in the mood for.

More controversially, I really do not care if they play songs like THTF or Hurt live. A lot of people either love and hope they keep playing them or bitch and hate that they're staples, but I'm completely indifferent. If they're not played, awesome, we get something fresh; if they are played, awesome, almost the entire crowd is going to be into those songs and make it a great audience experience. Seriously, watching everyone pulse and jump and scream to Head Like a Hole was one of the top moments of the show I saw, there was a guy who literally jumped over a section and was grabbed by security.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick_among_pure View Post

I understand where this feeling comes from, completely. That said, I have to disagree.
    It's hard to pin a band like nine inch nails down, since styles vary from one record to the next so drastically that if it wasn't TR at the helm, the records sound like they could have been done by totally different bands(with similar influences, obviously)..

I also happen to think that With Teeth was the absolute perfect answer to The Fragile. Stripped down, minimal, everything the Fragile wasn't but somehow just as compelling, if not more so in some parts.

The point is, it's all "real" nine inch nails.. It doesn't stop being real simply because you stop liking it..

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Reptile use to scare the shit out of me when I was a teenager and thus completely written it off. Now it's one of my fave live songs.