Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Gorillaz

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I don't like Humility.

Sorcererz and Hollywood are fucking great.

Tranz is so fucking amazing that it's up there to me with the Demon Days era; different style, obviously, but great nonetheless.

The rest of the record just went by for me, nothing too annoying or amazing. Then again, I'll need to re-listen the last 6 songs, because I'm so hooked on these 3, that I did not even bother listening to the others too much.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Definitely enjoying this album way more than Humanz, which I just could not get into after many tries. The Now Now reminds me of The Fall but with stronger tracks. This is what Humanz was missing. If he mixed The Now Now and Humanz up, it would have been a stronger record. Their self titled debut will always hold a special place in my heart and probably will never be topped. I am just happy Damon delivered something that is at least better than Humanz and The Fall.

1 Gorillaz
    2 Demon Days
    3 Plastic Beach
    4 The Now Now
    5 The Fall
    6 Humanz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't realize people hated Humanz so much. I thought a good chunk of that album was solid. Other songs, kind of forgettable.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Humanz was just a really bloated album. The best of it was amazing but getting to the best of it felt like such a slog and having so much material plus all the interlude tracks made it get bogged down too often, and then most of the best songs were bonus tracks tacked on at the end. If you cut it down and resequenced it you’d have a fantastic album but there’s too much there, it’s exhausting. I’m hyped to hear this new one and think the brevity of the tracklist is going to be a good thing for it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Humanz has it's moments but it's definitely bloated for sure. The lack of Damon on vocals was noticeable. Can't stand that Vince Staples track at all. The bonus tracks are disposable. This album is almost the complete opposite of what got me into Gorillaz.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I completely forgot about the bonus songs that were on other editions of the album. Yeah, you're so right. There was just too much. And it sucks because so many of those bonus tracks were way better than what was on the actual album.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I found the bonus songs to be kinda boring. Worse than the album. Like they were cut from the base album for a reason.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Well, at least this new album is good. It leaked today. Really liking it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I read that a lot of this album was written on the road, which is why the album sounds like 'The Fall II' to me. That's not a knock - I love that album. Very stripped down and very catchy stuff. Plenty of soul on it too. 'Humility' has grown on me a lot, and 'Sorcererz' 'Lake Zurich', 'Fire Flies', and 'Souk Eye' are all fantastic. Growing on me with every listen.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 06-29-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I listened to the new one when the lower quality leak came out two Fridays ago and even after revisiting it again today, I still think there's just not a lot there. Some fun moments, but haven't really been able capture any real magic since Plastic Beach in my opinion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finally had a chance to listen to the vinyl... to my ears, it sounds more like a follow up to Plastic Beach than to Humanz. This is not a bad thing.