10/09 – Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre *
    10/11 – Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center *
    10/13 – New York, NY @ Barclays Center *
    10/14 – Boston, MA @ TD Garden #
    10/16 – Chicago, IL @ United Center *
    10/20 – Los Angeles, CA @ Demon Dayz Festival

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I hope it's better than Humanz. That album just didn't do it for me. I honestly can't remember a single track off it after multiple listens. Just didn't thrill me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So Murdoc is in jail, and his replacement is Ace from the Powerpuff Girls.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I enjoy the first two songs released more than the entire Humanz album. I remember Alban saying earlier this year that he had 40 songs or so of leftover material he would slowly release. Maybe some of these are them? Regardless, looking forward to this!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I enjoy the first two songs released more than the entire Humanz album. I remember Alban saying earlier this year that he had 40 songs or so of leftover material he would slowly release. Maybe some of these are them? Regardless, looking forward to this!
    Yeah, these two tracks are so much better than anything on Humanz.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Lake Zurich is great and the tracklist being way less bloated than Humanz has me very optimistic about this one. This summer is stacked with new music

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Have... to... wait... until... next... week... to.. order...

Aaaaaaahhhhh....

that 150$ boxed set looks real nice...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Have... to... wait... until... next... week... to.. order...

Aaaaaaahhhhh....

that 150$ boxed set looks real nice...
    I didn't even have that on my mind until I saw your post. Then I saw the box set...Fuck. And it's already sold out in the pre-order period? That barely even makes sense. But I'll wait. (Edit: Ooo, it's not sold out in the UK store...hmm...)
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-31-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    (Edit: Ooo, it's not sold out in the UK store...hmm...)
    My beloved saw me longing for it and the Canadian store wasn't sold out yet... so they bought it for me. Now I get two new slip mats in June.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    WTF! Every deluxe bundle is sold out!

Hate that!

Think they'll relist more or am I out of luck I guess?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    WTF! Every deluxe bundle is sold out!

Hate that!

Think they'll relist more or am I out of luck I guess?
    To me, being "available only for the preorder period" should mean that any orders placed in that time frame should be honored. But apparently it's that and while supplies last?

I get that they can only make so many of a given thing, but they should really word that differently. Because I'm 100% willing to give them the money but apparently they don't want it THAT bad?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    To me, being "available only for the preorder period" should mean that any orders placed in that time frame should be honored. But apparently it's that and while supplies last?

I get that they can only make so many of a given thing, but they should really word that differently. Because I'm 100% willing to give them the money but apparently they don't want it THAT bad?
    I wanted to pre-order the $84.99 bundle. Their loss. I guess I get the dumbed down stripped version with nothing and buy it from a third party retailer rather than their actual store. The shit was just posted Thursday and EVERY deluxe bundle at every price has been sold out. Insane.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I wanted to pre-order the $84.99 bundle. Their loss. I guess I get the dumbed down stripped version with nothing and buy it from a third party retailer rather than their actual store. The shit was just posted Thursday and EVERY deluxe bundle at every price has been sold out. Insane.
    It's insane to me that they would underproduce so many when Gorillaz are still pretty hot for the time being - between the HUGE amount of press and touring and releases they've had the last couple of years. Maybe they'll start taking orders again to meet demand, but who knows. If nothing else, that Humanz box set is still looming just over the horizon. Taunting me. Tempting me...

Edit: Aaand it's gone, just kidding, heh.

I also just realized that in the past year I've gone from owning 0 copies of Demon Days on vinyl to 4. Hmmm.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-03-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I also just realized that in the past year I've gone from owning 0 copies of Demon Days on vinyl to 4. Hmmm.
    If you want to give one away, I know exactly where to send it...................dotdotdot.....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It's insane to me that they would underproduce so many when Gorillaz are still pretty hot for the time being - between the HUGE amount of press and touring and releases they've had the last couple of years. Maybe they'll start taking orders again to meet demand, but who knows. If nothing else, that Humanz box set is still looming just over the horizon. Taunting me. Tempting me...

Edit: Aaand it's gone, just kidding, heh.

I just need to buy the debut album then I have all their work on vinyl (aka I already have Humanz). I just wanted something extravagant and The Now Now looked great to do that in a purchase.

If you want to give one away, I know exactly where to send it...................dotdotdot.....
    Barnes and Noble has the latest pressing of it for 24.99. That's how I got my copy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm also getting a 'The Fall' vibe from these two songs, especially 'Lake Zurich' (which is an awesome track), but I fucking loved that album so that doesn't bother me one bit. Really excited for this. It's gonna be a good month!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They're becoming increasingly easy to find, honestly! They should be fairly readily available wherever you normally get your vinyl. One of them is bootleg, but bought it anyway for the sake of finding it heh.

Edit: If anyone happens to know where I can get The Fall on vinyl for less than $150 and wants to lemme know that'd be greeeat...
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-04-2018 at 02:39 AM.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Maybe it's not what you're talking about but Amazon US has the deluxe box set available for preorder.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Digging Humility. I really hope it's better than the last album. Hated the last one. HATED IT!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    Maybe it's not what you're talking about but Amazon US has the deluxe box set available for preorder.
    It wasn't but thanks. I might get it even though its roughly 30.00 more than what I was gonna spend.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    If you did the pre-order, you should have a link to the song "Sorcererz" now.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

I love the chill vibe of all these new songs, it feels like it'll be a fantastic album for relaxing to. Summery without sounding fake-happy or something.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ Wow.. this is just went right up the list of fave Gorillaz songs for me. This album needs to come out tomorrow!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So I kind of didn't want to, but I ended up buying Gorillaz tickets for my girlfriend's b-day. She's a huge fan, so I know she really really wanted to go. It was big back and forth thing because we're trying to save up for vacation and I just bought the NIN tix. But we figured we'll make it work, it's fine. Anyway, I must say the ticket prices for these shows are fucking stupid. I paid 226 for seats in the 200 section. It would've been 300 to be in the 100 section. And she was willing to go for the nosebleeds, but for 126 I thought it was stupid. Really Gorillaz? When we saw them last year it was way cheaper. This show better be good because I don't want to pay those prices in the future. I mean they put on a good show, but it wasn't mind blowing for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yikes, prices like that pretty much scare me away. $99 for NIN tickets is close to if not the highest I'd be willing to go just to see one act. I love the Gorillaz, but not sure I love them enough for that.

That said, I'm loving the vibe of these new songs, and I think this album will be much better than 'Humanz'. To me, 'Humanz' almost felt like a compilation album that happened to feature the Gorillaz once in awhile. Loving the stripped down nature of these new tracks. It's gonna be a good few weeks for music.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't love Gorillaz that much, but I know my girlfriend really wanted to go and I was so ready to say well, let's wait and see what StubHub has the day of. Last minute I was like "fuck it" and just did it. If they come back again, chances are we won't go if tickets are this high in the future.

Also, wtf happened to Demon Dayz Chicago? Damon Albarn said that's where he wanted to take the festival next. Now, it's LA? I just want to know if he still plans to do Chicago.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    For anyone interested, I got a notification saying that the box set was in stock on their website again - the $84.99 bundle, not the $112.99 one. I may end up going with that one myself, anyway. I can do without the cards and shirt.

Edit: Aaaand it's gone.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-14-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Drip drip.

Gonna give it a listen while I work out. Excited for this.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'd really like it if the band's emails would stop including links to buy the big collector's edition when they've been sold out since the second they were available.

That being said, I'm so stoked for this album to drop. D: Must...resist...leak...!