Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup 2014 (Brasil FTW!)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Brazil-Mexico game was great. Ochoa is a fucking superstar. I bet he has balls of steel. The way he blocked every shot. England and Spain better get their checkbooks and go on a bidding war to get this guy.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    The Brazil-Mexico game was great. Ochoa is a fucking superstar.
    Ochoa is my new dream man. Ilan Rubin has competition!

But yes, the Brazil/Mexico game was fantastic.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah Ochoa was incredible today.

Hope the US can pull through in their second game.

Mexico and USA for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    -The defending Champions Spain are eliminated from the World Cup after another poor display vs Chile.

-Australia and The Netherlands was a good match. Tim Cahill's goal was a thing of beauty but it wasn't enough. Robben continues to to tear shit up.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Australia-Netherlands game was good. Sucks that it's Tim Cahill's last game but at least he gave us a great goal.

Spain fucking sucked. Chile just steamrolled them. I just hope that Australia can get a win over Spain and then those crybabies back home.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    hilarious...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If I were Louis Van Gaal, I'm asking the Manchester United board for the transfer money to be used on as many of the Dutch squad as possible at the moment. He already has RVP, might as well go for Sneijder (who was rumored to be heading to Old Trafford 3 years running) and Arjen Robben at least.

With Spain gone, I say it's Germany, Netherlands, Brazil as the most likely to win the Cup. Spain looked really really human this tournament. No longer the tiki-taka titans of 2008, 2010, and 2012.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    If I were Louis Van Gaal, I'm asking the Manchester United board for the transfer money to be used on as many of the Dutch squad as possible at the moment. He already has RVP, might as well go for Sneijder (who was rumored to be heading to Old Trafford 3 years running) and Arjen Robben at least.

With Spain gone, I say it's Germany, Netherlands, Brazil as the most likely to win the Cup. Spain looked really really human this tournament. No longer the tiki-taka titans of 2008, 2010, and 2012.
    Brazil will not win this one, not even with FIFA help. They looked terribly uninspired yesterday. They are going to face either NL or Chile in the Round of 16, and either of the two teams can hand their asses to them EASILY. Fred, Jo and Paulinho complete garbage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not remotely a ManU fan (I really enjoyed Moyes!) but Wes is past it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Brazil will not win this one
    Unless Refereenho plays in the team again

But agreed, they don't look strong. They're likely to go through though and from the round of 16 on it will be another competition. They're definitely among the favourites.

Don't bury Argentina too fast. They can win it as well. Their 2nd half against Bosnia was better. And Messi doesn't have to be good throughout a whole match. A couple of his speedy moves and that's it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    It'll be funny to revisit this thread once the championship is over.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Brazil will not win this one, not even with FIFA help. They looked terribly uninspired yesterday. They are going to face either NL or Chile in the Round of 16, and either of the two teams can hand their asses to them EASILY. Fred, Jo and Paulinho complete garbage.
    Uninspired and Guillermo Ochoa played one hell of a game between the sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by amancalledhorse View Post
    Not remotely a ManU fan (I really enjoyed Moyes!) but Wes is past it.
    Ah yes, the Davie Moyes Experience....10 months that I would like to forget about. I think Wes still has something to offer and especially with LVG as his club coach, he will play his best although I have a feeling Galatasaray will overprice him. I wouldn't pay more than £8.5 million for him.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    It'll be funny to revisit this thread once the championship is over.
    In the meantime, enjoy the ones from 2010 and 2006. I miss azure.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    hilarious...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Some of yesterday's highlights:

Oh, and... Adios, Spain!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Some of yesterday's highlights:

Oh, and... Adios, Spain!
    what the hell i don't even

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ugh, what the fuck...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Cameroon must be the prime example of how good players can be a terrible team. I feel sorry for their german trainer, Volker Finke, who is widely regarded as a capable man here in Germany. He coached the same team for about 14 years, a low budget club with occasionally exceptional success (getting into the Europa league with a bunch of no names). That club was a popular, "nice" club and he was a "nice" coach. But Cameroon doesn't work with a "nice" trainer. The national football organisation of Cameroon is a disaster. The players are rebellious. The big stars demand extra treatment and an impact on the team tactics. They can't control their aggressions.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Gorgeous goal by Uruguay. I have a feeling this will end up being a tied game.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Suarez strikes again....gah.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Rooney is the only guy in that team who played his heart out. He tried to save his country. I'm sad that England is out. Very sad.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    England is not out yet. They need Italy to win both games and themselves to beat Costa Rico by 2 or more goals. Tough,but not impossible

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Rooney is the only guy in that team who played his heart out. He tried to save his country. I'm sad that England is out. Very sad.
    I still have hope that they advance. I know it's an uphill task but I have a feeling Balotelli really really wants that kiss on the cheek from Queen Elizabeth so he'll play his best to ensure Italy win against Costa Rica and Uruguay and throw England a bone for their game against CR.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Typical England. Painfully average.

We had some great moments against Italy and for once it looked like we were evolving into a good, positive attacking team but all the old habits crept in against Uruguay. Too slow, too negative, not enough movement or any sense of creating anything, just the odd glimpse here and there. We need Italy to do us some favours but perhaps it's best they don't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The match between Uruguay and England was one of wasted chances. Unfortunately for England, Uruguay had Suarez capitalize on both his chances. I mean Rooney finally scored a goal later in the match but missed a few really good opportunities before then. In the beginning of the second half Uruguay had everything going for them and should of scored at least a goal, Cavani missed the biggest chance during that stretch.

-Costa Rica is beating Italy right now 1-0 as they are about to start the second half.

Notes from yesterday:

-Japan vs Greece- Japan needs a physical force up top they lack that physicality it was extremely evident against Greece. They were the better squad all match long, were a man up for over half of it and had the better chances but got nothing out of it. Well a draw which might as well have a victory for the Greeks.

-Colombia is on a roll. Dangerous squad heading forward.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Excellent performance from Costa Rica. They should be able to get something from their last game, either win or draw and finish top of the group. All to play for Italy vs Uruguay.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Honduras should've gotten a penalty there late in the second half. Guy was hugging Costly as if Costly was his girlfriend before throwing him down. Bad missed call by the ref.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Honduras should've gotten a penalty there late in the second half. Guy was hugging Costly as if Costly was his girlfriend before throwing him down. Bad missed call by the ref.
    Agreed. It would've been 2-2 and Honduras would have a better chance in getting into the next round which will be tough since they need to do a lot against Switzerland. Costa Rica was awesome.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That Germany-Ghana game was quite interesting. I think Klose squandered a good chance to not only get the 3 points for his country, but also to break the goal scoring record he had tied earlier in the game.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    USA - Portugal was pretty intense. But after the 2nd goal, USA started to lose time at every oportunity and the players started slacking big time,so Portugal scored at the very last minute. USA deserved that just for acting like idiots.