Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup 2014 (Brasil FTW!)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Which team has the hottest players?

Go Mexico.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Welp, I take no pleasure in being right.
    For what it's worth, Welbeck was amazing in the first half, and Sterling could have done some damage if he wasn't so heavily marked. Rooney surprised me by not being a lazy ineffectual shit in the first half, and the cross worked perfectly. Unfortunately it's that miss people will be talking about, both he and Welbeck seemed to be different players after half time.

Anyway. It was a clean, respectful match, which helped wash away memories of Brazil's opener, and flowed nicely. Brilliant play from Italy in most parts of the pitch, and the keeper proved there's life after Buffon.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Holy fuck, Japan's goalie.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Sterling was sterling tonight. It's a shame he couldn't do more and I agree about WR, great first half followed by a lack luster second. I would've liked to see him take that free kick Stevie G took in the second half though. I think Wayne could've gotten it in the back of the net from that angle.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Costa Rica beat Uruguay.... I didn't see that coming and I'm kinda happy for it. England... what happened? Now Ivory Coast is winning against Japan 2-1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Happy to see Drogba get some playing time one of my favorite players ever! They picked it up once he came in.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What a way for Ecuador to lose. It was a great goal from the Swiss in stoppage time.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, that was fucking terrible. Honduras gave France the fucking game. Hijo de puta! My dad was just pissed off and bitched over how bad his country blew the fucking game while also calling on the ref on those bad calls.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I only watched the first half, but those calls didn't look bad to me. Some appalling behaviour out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    -Honduras started out the match pretty positive but then ended up just pulling numbers back. Palacios' foul was dumb for a player carrying a yellow already but I will say this Pogba maybe should have been shown a red for some antics earlier in the match.

-Argentina was underwhelming and Bosnia got really unlucky with that own goal. Messi's goal was great though

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    This WC has been absolutely awesome so far. No boring games, lots of drama for pretty much every team.
    Can't say I'm pleased with all results (Japan goddamnit), but that's another story.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Allow me to introduce: Netherlands head coal Joshua Homme Louis van Gaal

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Van Gaal is an absolute pro. Bayern Munich's Chamipons League victory last year was almost more his work than that of Jupp Heynckes. Heynckes knows how to keep everyone happy and how to create team spirit, but the tactics were all Van Gaal. However his ideas always need some time to bear fruits. Maybe that's why his first attempt to coach the Dutch failed.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Germany marching all over Portugal right now. 3-0 at half time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    We had a little luck there... a penalty that was ok to call, but didn't have to be, a goal from a corner kick (which Germany hasn't had in ages), and then the red card for Portugal, and the game is over. We blocked Portugal's attack in the first 30 minutes very effectively, and after that Portugal was defeated.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    God forgives, not Die Mannschaft.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    BAD PEPE!!!!! BAD!!!!! That was stupid over what he did. Now the Americans might have a chance to beat Portugal. I want that to happen. I just hope the U.S. beats Ghana.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Portugal played like crap, just awful. Might as well start rooting for Costa rica

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    WOW! That USA Ghana Game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great win for the USA to start the Group of Death! They gave Ghana waaay too much space and respect it almost came back to haunt them but they held on after the winner.

I personally think Ghana is a better squad then Portugal but if they play the same way again next match could be some trouble. Great win though!

-Iran and Nigeria played the first draw of the World Cup, scoreless never the less.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 06-16-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is totally called for right now. USA! USA! USA!

Clint Dempsey, FUCK YEAH! John Brooks, FUCK YEAH!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The US played HORRIBLY. Ghana outmatched them by far. Really bummed they didn't win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    The US played HORRIBLY. Ghana outmatched them by far. Really bummed they didn't win.
    Gotta make your chances count Ghana didn't USA did (USA pretty much invited Ghana to score for most of the match), and it only took two great chances to win. I will say next match will be tougher just for the fact that Portugal will lay it all on the line and come out agressive....and yeah they gotta deal with Ronaldo.

I agree though def out matched and they will be for the rest of the tournament.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm just happy the U.S. won. I just hope they play better against Portugal as I think they now have a chance since Portugal absolutely fucking sucked.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yes, the US won ugly. But it's still a win. Portugal got their butts handed to them by Germany and I think they'll be out to prove themselves.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    *sigh* I love CR7 for what he did as a Manchester United player and for what he continues to do individually for Real Madrid but today I could not defend his constant whining to the ref trying to get calls against people. I know he did this as a member of United but today, it was hard to watch. At least he didn't try to dive in the box and get a penalty.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    USA and J Brooks.... USA! USA!

there's probably not a snowball's chance in hell that we'll win the world cup, but at least we made it to the next round.

i hope we at least make it to the round of 8 again,,,cautiously optimistic.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I support Jürgen Klinsmann, and by extension and cultural affiliation, the US team. That was quite the battle yesterday, but Ghana never really broke through except for that one goal. Most of their shots were from outside the penalty box and terribly imprecise. And both teams played too fast for their technical abilities. Italy showed that it's better to play slower but more precise. I am looking forward to USA-Germany. I wonder if it's going to have an impact that Löw was once Germany's assistant coach under Klinsmann. I mean.... if Germany beats Ghana, then a draw between USA and Germany is enough for both.... (shades of 1982)

Edit: No wait, that's wrong unless Ghana beats Portugal, which I guess is possible.
    Last edited by ambergris; 06-17-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    -Ochoa was a wall vs Brasil
    -Belgium was underwhelming vs Algeria for most of the match but they got it done. A trendy pick among some, they are def talented but it's not their time.
    -Russia and Korea was okay. Akinfeev's bone headed goal keeping almost cost them lucky for him and Russia they were able to come away with a point.