Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pizza - the (cheese) thread

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    http://www.piecechicago.com

This is all you need to know, pizza wise.

Cheese is my favorite food...it's why I'll never be a vegan (vegetarian since 1997).
    Oh and MUSHROOMS 4 LIFE! Best topping on a pizza...REAL mushrooms not those canned frauds!
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-05-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I read something the other day about Mayor Tall shutting down coal-fired pizza places. Or at least wanting them to filter their ovens.

Found it!

http://gothamist.com/2014/06/02/rip_..._pizzerias.php

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Now I want pizza...
    The same exact thing is happening to me again.

@aggroculture - Thanks for making this thread. Knowing myself, I'll probably have a habit of checking it out on Friday evenings, as that's when I usually start going out for fast food.

This is also the pizzeria that's a few blocks away from my house. I've been going there regularly for quite some time now. It's in NYC, at Bayside, Queens.

http://www.mammaspizzarestaurant.com/
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 06-05-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Hah, my aunt lives in Bayside.

I am anti-cheese. That shit on most US pizzas: that ain't cheese. It's plastic pretending to be cheese. Plasticheese.
    But good mozzarella di bufala, mmm-hmmm. Count me in.
    I grew up in Italy: I can't undo that.

Another type of pizza I LOVE: Grandmother:

Thick deep crunchy crisp crust, lotsa tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella used sparingly. Delizioso!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^^ Oh God, yeah, I'm a sucker for that kind of deep dish, too, actually. That looks awesome.

And Sicilian pizza.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Cheese is my favorite food...it's why I'll never be a vegan (vegetarian since 1997).
    Oh and MUSHROOMS 4 LIFE! Best topping on a pizza...REAL mushrooms not those canned frauds!
    Same reason here. I tried to go vegan but the cheese & pizza kept me.

Love me some olives and mushrooms on my pizza.

I do love me a calzone too.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Also, where is that NY Artichoke pizza from? Looks delicious.
    Literally Artichoke.

It's next to Planet Rose, which is one of my favorite bars in the city because karaoke
    Last edited by playwithfire; 06-05-2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: ah, I was beat to it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Pizza only needs four elements: crust, sauce, a ton of cheese and some glorious bacon.
    And that's it, end thread!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    How come this thread doesn't have a million pages to it already?
    Spanish cheese. We have met again.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I fully expect to get raked over the coals for this, but for 2 bucks for a 4 pack as a late night snack I gotta say I really crave these puppies sometimes. It's not even the same ballpark as legit pizza place pizza obviously, and I'm not trying to say they are quality, they're not. But there is just something about them, man, they can hit the spot.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Not to sound like a dick, but I make a pretty damn good pizza if I do say so myself (and going by what everyone else tells me when I make it for them). We're lucky enough to have a pizza oven at the back of my grandparents place so we do everything from scratch and it surprisingly turns out good even considering how many times I've fucked it up recently. It usually comes out thick and we run just basic toppings (cheese, cheese and garlic oil, plain garlic oil, bruschetta, garlic oil and chilli, basil mozzarella and prosciutto, and when we feel like it a bit of salami here and there).

As for commercially sort of pizza's, I haven't really found anywhere apart from Frankie's in the city that has made me go HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING, it's just so thin and delicious and goes down so well with a beer.

Best pizza I've ever had in a restaurant was at that 400 Degrees restaurant in Melbourne...before it was announced on the news that it has the best pizza ever

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post

When I am in New York next I will have some of this: Artichoke pizza omg sensational

I ate this with @aggroculture and @playwithfire tonight. It was as delicious as it looks and I want to rub it on my boobs. My stomach seems to be angry about it, though.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Um, hello. I'm hungry even though I already ate dinner. Rubbing it on your boobs would be a waste. Go straight for the mouth.