Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Irrational Fears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Irrational fears are often more common with toddlers and children than adults so I don't know what "irrational" fears I can really say that I have. Perhaps, the impulse of wanting to throw something at someone, out of no where, while I am carrying on conversation, only other adults, comes to mind, "What if I, one day, cannot control that impulse?" I don't know where it comes from and it doesn't mean that I am angry at that person. I am usually not even irritated. It is more of a curiosity thing, I think, or maybe I am picking up on a vibe from someone around me. I am often around children and they can be pretty impulsive so when I am on the playground with a group of nine year olds and talking to the principal or the P.E. teacher and I feel that urge, it strikes me as really unusual and extremely uncomfortable. I can maintain composure until the conversation is over and then I just want to hide away for a moment. This does not happen often but it does occasionally. It's very peculiar.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I fear the potato bug. They're fairly big cricket/termite-looking hybrids. They aren't particularly harmful to humans(they do bite, but won't do it to you unless you're really messing with it), but they just give me the heebie-jeebies whenever I see one. I don't kill it on site or anything, but I have been known to leave an area and wait for it to walk away before I head back.