Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Underworld

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    convenient bump, started listening to "Everything, Everything" again this week. Such a great DVD too.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Has this been pointed out before?

Underworld - Big Meat Show (@ 1:20)

Jago - I'm Going To Go (@ 1:15)
    Interesting, but I think it's just coincidence. The riff is slightly different too. UW's goes back down at the end, whereas Jago's rises all the way through the end.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Interesting, but I think it's just coincidence. The riff is slightly different too. UW's goes back down at the end, whereas Jago's rises all the way through the end.
    It's definitely not a sample, I was just wondering if perhaps the song inspired that piano part. The riff does alternate up and down; it's easier to pick out in the Frankie Knuckles Remix:

Thanks for the other set of ears.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Well, we know they love Frankie, so in that case, it could certainly have been an influence/homage.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    UNDERWORLD & IGGY POP
    BELLS & CIRCLES

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Damn. Just watching a live stream of the guys at BBC Biggest Weekender in Belfast, they played that Iggy Pop collab earlier on didn't realise it was brand new.

This live stream is absolutely spot on though and makes me want to see them live.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Damn. Just watching a live stream of the guys at BBC Biggest Weekender in Belfast, they played that Iggy Pop collab earlier on didn't realise it was brand new.

This live stream is absolutely spot on though and makes me want to see them live.
    Apparently, they've also played "And I Will Kiss" from Isles Of Wonder (2012 Olympics) the past two gigs.
    Last edited by Jon; 05-27-2018 at 11:11 AM. Reason: 2 hours later...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Apparently, they've also played "And I Will Kiss" from Isles Of Wonder (2012 Olympics) the past two gigs.
    New tune with Iggy is great. Canít wait till they drop the new album!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    this group are one of my favourites ever...i went on a listening spree with this band recently, so much of their material is extremely intense and euphoric,always found their music had a sort of deeply druggy vibe. its amazing to find out all the band members were teetotal!
    their music was in the film Trainspotting I don't know if that's why I associate their music with drugs, but their 90s material has a certain specific drug vibe its weird.
    some of the best produced electronic music ever really smooth sound has not dated an inch

Dubnobass...is my favourite, I really like something they did about a decade ago too called the Riverun Project, not many people have heard of.
    one of those bands that has been around for decades (like Wire) that is still really consistent.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Drift Episode 1

DRIFT EPISODE 1 out now!

24 bit available:
    https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/dr.../pfx77esbf6j8b

Includes full longer versions tracks featured in the videos.

Episode 2 coming in January 2019!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)