Thread: Nine Inch Nails lyrics that describe your life and mood in general.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    God Money I'll do anything for you. God Money just tell me what you me to. God Money nail me up against the wall. God Money don't want everything. He wants it all.

Slave screams. He spends his life learning conformity. Slave screams. He claims he has his own identity. Slave screams. He's going to cause the system to fall. Slave screams. But he's glad to be chained to that wall.

I don't know what I am. I don't know where I've been. Human junk. Just words and so much skin. Stick my hands through the cage of this endless routine. Just some flesh caught in this great big broken machine.

Lose me. Hate me. Smash me. Erase me. Kill me.

Tried to save a place from the cuts and the scratches. Tried to overcome the complications and the catches. Nothing ever grows and the sun doesn't shine all day. Tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away.

I believe I can see the future because I repeat the same routine. I think I used to have a purpose but then again that might have been a dream. I think I used to have a voice. Now I never make a sound. I just do what I've been told. I really don't want them to come around. Oh no.

Every day is exactly the same. Every day is exactly the same. There is no love here and there is no pain. Every day is exactly the same.

Don't try to tell me how some power can corrupt a person. You haven't had enough to know what it's like. You're only angry because you wish you were in my position. Now nod your head because you know that I'm right. All right.

Well I used to stand for something. Now I'm on my hands and knees. Traded in my God for this one and he signs his name with a Capital G.

Nice and high and far apart. Just like they said. I built this place with broken parts. Just like they said. You chip away the old version of you. You'd be surprised at what you can do. I'm safe in here. Irrelevant. Just like they said.

My voice just echoes off these walls. My voice just echoes off these walls. I don't need anything at all. My voice just echoes off these walls.

I am just a copy of a copy of a copy. Everything I say has come before. Assembled into something into something into something. I don't know for certain anymore. I am just a shadow of a show of a shadow. Always trying to catch up with myself. I am just an echo of an echo of an echo listening to someone's cry for help.

I am just a finger on a trigger on a finger doing everything I'm told to do. Always me intention my intention your intention. Doing everything you tell me to.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-03-2018 at 09:54 AM.