Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails lyrics that describe your life and mood in general.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A little more
    Every day
    Falls apart and
    Slips away, well
    I don't mind
    I'm okay
    Wish it didn't
    Have to end this way

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Better watch what you think. What was that you said? Everywhere and everything and every word you say.

Wave. Wave. Wave. Wave goodbye. Wave. Wave. Wave. Wave goodbye.

I'd listen to the words he'd say, but in his voice I heard decay. The plastic face forced to portray, all the insides left cold and gray.

Time has a way you know. To make it clear.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 04-12-2015 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please take this and run far away, far away from me. I am tainted. The two of us were never meant to be. All these pieces, and promises, and left behinds... if only I could see. In my nothing, you meant everything, everything to me.

Gone. Fading. Everything. And all that could have been.

Please take this and run far away, far as you can see. I am tainted, and happiness and peace of mind were never meant for me. All these pieces, and promises, and left behinds, if only I could see. In my nothing, you meant everything, everything to me.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm just trying to find my way.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Swallowed up in firrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRYEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHH

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _minus View Post
    Please take this and run far away, far away from me. I am tainted. The two of us were never meant to be. All these pieces, and promises, and left behinds... if only I could see. In my nothing, you meant everything, everything to me.

Gone. Fading. Everything. And all that could have been.

Please take this and run far away, far as you can see. I am tainted, and happiness and peace of mind were never meant for me. All these pieces, and promises, and left behinds, if only I could see. In my nothing, you meant everything, everything to me.
    ouch. I'm sorry bro.
    It REALLY sucks when those lyrics describe yer sicheeashun.

i've most definitely been there and would prefer to never return.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Well I used to stand for something, forgot what that could be.
    There's a lot of me inside you, maybe you're afraid to see.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Smiling in their faces
    While filling up the hole
    So many dirty little places
    In your filthy little worn out
    Broken down see through soul

Baby's got a problem
    Tries so hard to hide
    Got to keep it on the surface
    Because everything else is dead on the other side

Teeth in the necks of everyone you know
    You can keep on sucking until the blood won't flow
    When it starts to hurt it only helps it grow
    Taking all you need
    (But not this time)
    No, you don't

And just for the record
    Just so you know
    I did not believe
    That you could sink so low

You think that you can beat them
    I know that you won't
    You think you have everything
    But no, you don't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gun
    Fire in the streets
    where we used to meet
    echoes out a beat and the base goes
    bomb

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    she has the blood of reptile just underneath her skin

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    This disease I give to myself.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Maybe it's a part of me you took to a place I hoped it would never go
    And maybe that fucked me up so much more than you'll ever know

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Are you listening?
    Yes I am building
    Something bigger than the world
    Something terrible
    With all of this

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    [Mes]sage to no one
    In particular»
    And guess what?
    Nobody loves you
    Nobody cares
    I was sent here to give you this mess[age]
    Oh, thats right
    You're different
    Different than the rest
    I forgot
    I forgot
    Well fuck you
    And fuck fitting in to your scene
    Fuck what you think
    Oh yeah
    Well I'm king of the world
    The world that I'm destroying
    Big chunks at a time
    I am the destroyer of worlds
    You watch and see
    You watch and see

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    What have I become? My sweetest friend. Everyone I know goes away in the end. And you could have it all. My empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

Itch in my head that's telling me somewhere. Somewhere, out there, anywhere, I don't care, get me out of here.

You make me feel that there's a part of me that I want to get back again.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-28-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i define myself by how well i hide.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I am trying to see. I am trying to believe. This is not where I should be. I am trying to believe.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Love is not enough.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    [Ringfinger scream before the outro]

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Now I'm nothing.

This goes on. And on. And on. And on. And on. And on. And on. And on.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    [Ringfinger scream before the outro]
    Doesn't he shout "C'mon c'mon" like Michael Jackson? By far my favorite moment on PHM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Then we also know your favorite six seconds of the Jane's Addiction discography

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Wish there was something real! Wish there was something true! Wish there was something real in this world full of you.

This isn't meant to last! This is for right now!

Look through these blackened eyes! You'll see 10,000 lies! My lips may promise but my heart is a whore!

He spends his life learning conformity!

Just some flesh caught in this big broken machine.

Don't open your eyes, you won't like what you see. The blind have been blessed with security.

Can't tell my truth from my lies! I swore to God I would never turn into you! I'm getting closer... all the time.

Tear it all down. Tear it all down. Tear it all down. Tear it all down.

My nightmare's everywhere but inside. A living indication of every situation. But it seems I have neglected complication. Hindered my salvation, but I try and I try and I try.

Hey! The closer we are. Well, it only got us so far. Now you got anything left to show? No! No! I didn't think so! Hey! The sooner we realize. We cover ourselves with lies! But underneath we're not so tough, and love is not enough!

I wish this could have been any other way. I just don't know what else I can do!

We think we've come so far on all our lies we depend. We face our consequence. This is the beginning of the end.

Persuasion. Coercion. Submission. Assimilation.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-04-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, new here. So, this could take some time...

Sanctified
    It's still getting worse after everything I've tried / What if I found a way to wash it all aside / What if she touches with those fingertips / As the words spill out like fire from her lips [...] As she walks me through the nicest parts of Hell / I still dream of lips I never should have kissed [...] I'm just caught up in another of her spells / She's turning me into someone else / Every day I hope and pray that this will end / But when I can I do it all again [...] If she says come inside I'll come inside for her / If she says give it all I'll give everything to her Something I Can Never Have My favorite dreams of you still wash ashore / Scraping through my head till I don't want to sleep anymore [...] You make this all go away / I'm down to just one thing and I'm starting to scare myself [...] Back then I couldn't do the things that I can do now / This thing is slowly taking me apart [...] Everywhere I look you're all I see [...] I just want something I can never have

Wish Wish there was something real wish there was something true / Wish there was something real in this world full of you Happiness In Slavery Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see / The devils of truth steal the souls of the free [...] The blind have been blessed with security [...] Just some flesh caught in this big broken machine Gave Up Gonna smash myself to pieces / I don't know what else to do [...] Still cannot fix this broken machine [...] After everything I've done I hate myself for what I've become [...] I tried / I gave up / I don't know / Throw it away

Piggy Nothing can stop me now / I just don't care [...] Nothing's turning out the way I planned The Becoming The me that you know had some second thoughts / He's covered with scabs he is broken and sore / The me that you know doesn't come around much / That part of me isn’t here anymore [...] It won't give up it wants me dead / Goddamn this noise inside my head I Do Not Want This I'm losing ground / You know how this world can beat you down / I'm made of clay / I fear I'm the only one who thinks this way / I'm always falling down the same hill [...] I stay inside my bed / I have lived so many lives all in my head / Don't tell me that you care / There really isn't anything, is there? / And oh so sick I am / And maybe I don't have a choice /And maybe that is all I have / And maybe this is a cry for help [...] I want to know everything / I want to be everywhere / I want to fuck everyone in the world / I want to do something that matters [...] I do not want this / Don't you tell me how I feel / You don't know just how I feel Eraser Need you [...] Smash me / Erase Me / Kill me The Downward Spiral Everything's blue... Everything's blue in this world Hurt I hurt myself today / To see if I still feel / I focus on the pain / The only thing that's real [...] Try to kill it all away / But I remember everything [...] Full of broken thoughts / I cannot repair / Beneath the stains of time / The feelings disappear / You are someone else / I am still right here [...] What have I become? / My sweetest friend / Everyone I know / Goes away in the end
    Burn Well I don't believe in your institutions / I did what you wanted me to [...] I am perversion / Secret desire / I am your future / Swallowed up in fire The Perfect Drug Can't keep control, can't keep track of where it's traveling / I got my heart but my heart's no good / And you're the only one that's understood / I come along but I don't know where you're taking me / I shouldn't go but you're wrenching, dragging, shaking me / Turn off the sun, pull the stars from the sky / The more I give to you, the more I die [...] You make me hard when I'm all soft inside / I see the truth when I'm all stupid-eyed / The arrow goes straight through my heart / Without you everything just falls apart [...] How very little there is left of me [...] And I want you / You are the perfect drug [...] Take me, with you / Without you everything falls apart / Without you it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces

Somewhat Damaged So impressed with all you do / Tried so hard to be like you / Flew too high and burnt the wing / Lost my faith in everything [...] Poisoned to my rotten core / Too fucked up to care anymore The Day The World Went Away (Complete) I'd listen to the words he'd say / But in his voice I heard decay / The plastic face forced to portray / All the insides left cold and gray / There is a place that still remains / It eats the fear it eats the pain / The sweetest price he'll have to pay / The day the whole world went away The Fragile (Complete) She shines / In a world full of ugliness / She matters / When everything is meaningless // Fragile / She doesn't see her beauty / She tries to get away /Sometimes / It's just that nothing seems worth saving / I can't watch her slip away // She reads the minds of all the people as they pass her by / Hoping someone can see / If I could fix myself I'd— / But it's too late for me // I won't let you fall apart // We'll find the perfect place to go where we can run and hide / We'll build a wall and we can keep them on the other side …But they keep waiting …And picking… // It's something I have to do / I was there, too / Before everything else / I was like you Even Deeper Do you know how far this has gone? / Just how damaged have I become? / When I think I can overcome / It runs even deeper The Great Below (Complete) Staring at the sea / Will she come? / Is there hope for me / After all is said and done / Anything at any price / All of this for you / All the spoils of a wasted life / All of this for you / All the world has closed her eyes / Tired faith all worn and thin / For all we could have done / And all that could have been // Ocean pulls me close / And whispers in my ear / The destiny I've chose / All becoming clear / The currents have their say / The time is drawing near / Washes me away / Makes me disappear / I descend from grace / In arms of undertow / I will take my place / In the great below // I can still feel you / Even so far away
    The Way Out Is Through (Complete) Underneath it all / We feel so small / The heavens fall / But still we crawl // All I've undergone / I will keep on Into The Void Tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away Please This is how / It begins / Push it away but it all comes back again I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally As black as the night can get / Everything is safer now [...] Where did everything get lost? / The flowers of naïveté / Buried in a layer of frost [...] I've done all I can do / Could I please come with you? / Sweet smell of sunshine / I remember sometimes The Big Come Down (Complete) There is a game I play / Try to make myself okay / Try so hard to make the pieces all fit / Smash it apart / Just for the fuck of it // [Bye bye oooh] Got to get back to the bottom / The big come down isn't that what you wanted? / Find a place with the failed and forgotten / Isn't that really what you wanted now? // There is a hate that burns within / The most desperate place I have ever been / Try to get back to where I'm from / The closer I get the worse it becomes // There is no place I can go there is no place I can hide / It feels like it keeps coming from the inside
    And All That Could Have Been I am locked in my head / With what I've done / I know you tried to rescue me / Didn't let anyone get in / Left with a trace of all that was / And all that could have been // Please / Take this / And run far away / Far away from me / I am / Tainted / The two of us / Were never meant to be / All these / Pieces / And promises and left behinds / If only I could see / In my / Nothing / You meant everything / Everything to me [...] And happiness and peace of mind / Were never meant for me

All The Love In The World Watching all the insects march along / Seem to know just right where they belong / Smears of face reflecting in the chrome / Hiding in the crowd I'm all alone / No one's heard a single word I've said / They don't sound as good outside my head / Looks as though the past is here to stay / I've become a million miles a- Love Is Not Enough The more that we take / The paler we get / I can't remember what it is / We try to forget / The tile on the floor / So cold it can sting [...] We didn't give it a mouth / So it cannot complain [...] Hey, the sooner we realize / We cover ourselves with lies / But underneath we're not so tough Every Day Is Exactly The Same I think I used to have a voice / Now I never make a sound / I just do what I've been told / I really don't want them to come around [Oh no] // Every day is exactly the same / There is no love here and there is no pain / Every day is exactly the same [...] Sometimes I still pretend / I can't remember how this all got started / But I can tell you —exactly— How it will end [...] I wish this could have been any other way / I just don't know what else I can do With Teeth I can not go through this again... [...] This time I'm not coming back Getting Smaller I'm just a face in the crowd / Nothing to worry about / Not even trying to stand out [...] I'm afraid I am starting to fade away [...] I think I'm losing my grip / But I can still make a fist / You know I still got my one good arm / That I can beat—I can beat myself up with Sunspots She turns me on / She makes it real / I have to apologize / For the way I feel // And nothing can stop me now / And there is nothing to fear / And everything I'd ever want / Is inside of here // Now I just stare into the sun / And I see everything I've done / I think I could have been someone / But I can't stop what has begun / When everything is said and done / And there is no place left to run / I think I used to be someone / Now I just stare into the sun The Line Begins To Blur There are things that I said I would never do / There are fears that I cannot believe have come true [...] The more I stay in here / The more I disappear / As far as I have gone / I knew what side I'm on / But now I'm not so sure / The line begins to blur Right Where It Belongs See the animal in his cage that you built / Are you sure what side you're on? / Better not look him too closely in the eye / Are you sure what side of the glass you are on? [...] What if everything around you / Isn't quite as it seems / What if all the world you think you know / Is an elaborate dream? / And if you look at your reflection / Is that all you want it to be? / What if you could look right through the cracks / Would you find yourself—find yourself afraid to see? // What if all the world's inside of your head / Just creations of your own? / Your devils and your gods all the living and the dead / And you're really all alone / You can live in this illusion / You can choose to believe / You keep looking but you can't find the woods / While you’re hiding in the trees

Survivalism I got my fist I got my plan I got survivalism // All bruised and broken, bleeding / She asks to take my hand Me, I'm Not I'm not used to this / Can't seem to shut it off / This thing I've begun / And it's hard to tell—just / Where it's coming from / And it's hard to see / What I'm capable of My Violent Heart You and I we may look the same / But we are very far apart God Given I would never tell you anything that wasn't absolutely true that hadn't come right from His mouth and He wants me to tell you The Greater Good Persuasion / Coercion / Submission / Assimilation In This Twilight But the sky is filled with light / Can you see it? / All the black is really white / If you believe it / And the longing that you feel / You know none of this is real / We will find a better place / In this twilight

1,000,000 I jump from every rooftop / So high so far to fall / I feel a million miles away / I don’t feel any thing at all / I wake up / On the floor / Start it up again / Like it matters anymore / I don’t know / If it does / Is this really all / That there ever was? Discipline I need my role in this / Very clearly defined / I need your discipline / I need your help / I need your discipline / You know once I start I cannot help myself Echoplex I see it all / The many ways you can't get to me / I see it all [...] Oh the things I could do (if I wanted to) / My voice just echoes off these walls Head Down What you looking at? / Head down / Too late for that [...] And this is not my face [...] And there is not a single thing here / I can recognize / This is all a dream / And none of you are real [...] What you running from? / All your hate / What you've become Lights In The Sky Watching you drown / I'll follow you down / I am here right beside you / The lights in the sky / Are waving goodbye / I am staying right beside you Demon Seed It keeps / growing / And I can feel it breathe / I have been trying / To behave myself / I have been trying / To tolerate you // Well I am reaching the point // I thought this would go away / But it continues / The only constant / Every day / Stronger // I will use my voice / And I will use my fist / To destroy / Everything I can [...] There is a seed / Inside of me

Copy of A I am just a copy of a copy of a copy / Everything I say has come before / Assembled into something into something into something / I don't know for certain anymore / I am just a shadow of a shadow of a shadow / Always trying to catch up with myself / I am just an echo of an echo of an echo / Listening to someone's cry for help Came Back Hunted Everywhere now reminding me / I am not who I used to be Find My Way You were never meant to see / All those things inside of me [...] I'm just trying to find my way Various Methods of Escape A line of lyric looping in my head / Nobody listening / I guess it really doesn't matter anymore / I guess it doesn't mean a thing [...] A place to bury every thing I did / And burn it to the ground [...] The past repeats itself / I can not tell the difference anymore / I can not trust myself // I've got to let it go / I've got to get straight / Why'd you have to make it so hard? / Let me get away // I think I could lose myself in here... I Would For You What a pathetic string of words / Just leave them lying on the floor [...] See I keep lying to myself / Don't know what else there is to do / If I could be somebody else / Well, I think I would for you [...] And this has happened all before / And this will happen all again / And I only have myself to blame In Two I just don't know anymore / I just don't know... While I'm Still Here Only thing I've ever done / Closest I have ever come / Oh so tired on my own [Ticking time is running out] [...] A little more / Every day / Falls apart / Slips away [...] These four walls are closing in / Oh all the things that might have been [...] ...While I'm still here...

Ouch.
    Underlined and italic are tiers of importance to me.

I know, the amout seems ridiculous... but this is my life in one post.
    Last edited by Qualis_Dolor; 02-14-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm all messed up in you.

The arrow goes straight through my heart.

Why do you get all the love in the world?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    The pigs have won tonight
    Now they can all sleep soundly
    And all of you people... can suck my dick
    Last edited by fillow; 02-27-2015 at 06:34 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I know it's not the right thing. I know it's not the good thing. Kinda I want to.

The plastic face forced to portray.

My world is getting smaller every day. Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! And that's okay.

I'm running out of places I can hide from this. I'm running out of ways to keep on hiding this.

And I guess I just don't understand why this world seems so unkind.

Why does it have to be this way?

Try to kill it all away, but I remember everything.

Full of broken thoughts I can not repair.

Try to stand in line. Try to obey. The ghosts of what I was keep getting in the way.

I want to but I can't turn back. But I want to.

And all that could have been.

I just do what I've been told.

Sometimes I think I'm happy here. Sometimes I still pretend.

I said goodbye and I had to try and I came back haunted. Came back haunted.

Everywhere now reminding me. I am not who I used to be. I'm afraid this has just begun. Consequences for what I've done.

The ghosts of who I used to be. I can feel them come for me. It's looks as though they're here to stay. I'm just trying to find my way.

Let me get away.

And I only have myself to blame. And I only have myself to blame.

I guess it doesn't matter anymore. I guess it doesn't mean a thing.

A place to bury everything I did and burn it to the ground. The fire illuminates our final scene. The past repeats itself. I can not tell the difference anymore. I can not trust myself.

Gave up trying to figure it out, my head got lost along the way. Worn out from giving it up, my soul I pissed it all away.

Found out that his skin wasn't thick enough. Wanted to go back to how it was before. Thought he lost everything, then he lost a whole lot more.

There are things that I said I would never do. There are fears that I can not believe have come true. For my soul is too sick and too little too late.

I knew what side I'm on, but now I'm not so sure. The line begins to blur.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 04-12-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    And nothing can stop me now

There is nothing to fear

And everything I ever was

Is inside of here

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    As I lie here and stare
    the fabric starts to tear
    it's far beyond repair
    and I don't really care.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It keeps growing and I can feel it breathe. I have been trying to behave myself. It keeps growing and I can feel it breathe. I have been trying to tolerate you.

I thought maybe. I thought this would go away, but it continues. The only constant. Every day. Stronger.

I will use my voice. I will use my fist to destroy everything I can.

There is a seed inside of me that makes me.