Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Europe lurches to the Right

Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    It’s nice to want things, but if you’re hoping this won’t at best end up with people being really pissed off at each other... I thought I was the optimist here, hoping we don’t see another world war in my lifetime... I think idealism and plugging our ears is going to land us there, and that’s what I really don’t want

fuck fascism, fuck Brexit, fuck Trump, fuck Boris, fuck Putin and his election meddling, fuck McConnell, fuck white nationalism, fuck indifference... HOW can anyone not be pissed off right now? There’s nothing wrong with being angry

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Speaking of Brexit, how freaking wild is that shit of Boris just shutting down parliament to ram a no-deal Brexit down everyone's throats? They sold that sick concept to the people as their parliament taking back control, and now that parliament is being shut down by the the Angry Cheeto's distant Brit cousin.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It's fucking infuriating is what it is! The guy is a fucking nightmare (albeit not as bad a nightmare as the soggy wotsit, but we're comparing shit with piss here)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There's a chance parliament could do something before the 11th, but they've been pretty worthless for the last several years.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'd like to believe they would...but i have a very bad feeling about this whole mess. Things are going to get worse before they start getting better...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The saddest thing about this is how predictable it was. And nobody wanted to see it. And then it happened.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    nobody wanted to see it. And then it happened.
    That should be the tagline for the last few years...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well at least something appears to have gone right, Boris is managing to fuck up things for his party quicker then May did...that's impressive!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm wondering when the EU is going to get fed up of extending the deadline. Asking for another three months just seems to be kicking the can down the road, again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think they are just hoping we end up not doing it so they keep given us extra time to come to that conclusion...only problem is most of our elected officials are the fucking worst!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At least people were wise enough to avoid the 'elephant trap' of granting a snap election. I'm thoroughly convinced B. Johnson would have said sure, Oct. 15th, and then moved the date to after Oct 31st after Parliament had agreed, just to ramrod a no-deal Brexit. He's a snake, and willing to burn the house down just to be PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Russia's in Europe, right?

https://imgur.com/gallery/3vPzXMX

Seems pretty well thought out, but I'm not steeped in the info to know better or worse. Thoughts from those who pay closer attention to this?
    Putin is hanging on for dear life but do NOT underestimate him. He maintains power at the moment because a) he has destroyed ALL possible rivals (simply- there is no one to follow him which is actually really REALLY bad as you do not want to imagine what would happen if he suddenly died; it would be way worse than now) and b) the factions behind him are busy at war with one another for cash/power.
    this is what I've thought for a little while now.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)