Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Europe lurches to the Right

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    it's just a series of trade arrangements.

The main reason people voted to leave - and seriously don't waste time with people bleating otherwise - was immigration. But you can opt out of free movement and take a few penalties - as Denmark does. We are chucking the baby out with the bathwater because daft people got hoodwinked by tabloids and social media
    I agree that there was mainly racism involved in the vote, I remember being really disgusted by a leaflet that came round implying Turkey was about to join the EU which is bollocks, I don’t think it’s human rights record is anywhere near the standard required). What also gets me is that the rhetoric from those awful bot Facebook campaigns (and the Express) was really islamophobic but what does that have to do with freedom of movement from the EU which is majority white? Also the no deal fucks keep banging on about all these amazing trade deals we’ll get but who are the economies which are growing? China and India (more brown people, gasp!). I had an irritating guy on Facebook keep posting all this Express anti - Islam stuff on his timeline (he was the husband of one of the mums at my kids school I was friends with) and then one of his friends posted this ‘are you a racist?’ Joke questionnaires from news thump so at least it meant he had friends who weren’t being taken in by his shit and we’re prepared to call him out on it
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-18-2018 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    it's just a series of trade arrangements.

The main reason people voted to leave - and seriously don't waste time with people bleating otherwise - was immigration. But you can opt out of free movement and take a few penalties - as Denmark does. We are chucking the baby out with the bathwater because daft people got hoodwinked by tabloids and social media
    Yeah i agree, it's why my family voted leave (they are really racist...and really fucking stupid!)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    WTF is happening in Great Britain right now? I'm seeing stories about the legal options for just saying "whoops, fuck it" and forgetting the Brexit vote ever happened, and apparently right now your MPs are voting whether to toss May out of office?

At least America isn't the only first world country that's gone batshit crazy in the politic field.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    And then you have France having a vote towards No Confidence in Macron because of his tax hikes and the riots. Europe is in as bad shape as we are.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Europe is in as bad shape as we are.
    Woah now.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Woah now.
    Consider who wrote it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Consider who wrote it.
    Oh, come off it. Seriously, if you have something to say, fucking say it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @theimage13 they’re all interconnected! Personally I’ve never denied Britain is in the shit, same as US (US isn’t as badly off, at least they can vote Trump out in a few years, Brexit is forever) look at Cambridge Analytica and all the Steve Bannon links. These same connected fucks (Nigel Farage Wikileaks) are spreading chaos everywhere, Bannon is on a European quest to fuck things up even more - I wish the guy would just die, he looks at deaths door as it is. I’ve been reading a lot of Carole Cadwalladr lately as she broke the Cambridge Analytica story, her tweet threads are great and really give an idea of the scale of rise of the Alt Right
    https://mobile.twitter.com/carolecadwalla

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Besides which, there's again the riots in France, London is at a decade high for murders, Germany's government is cracking apart, Italy is condemning migrants to drown, and most of eastern Europe is in flat out defiance of the EU and becoming more and more populist/nationalist with each election cycle. I fail to see how I'm wrong about my statement.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Honestly i fucking live here and even i'm struggling to work out what the fuck is going on anymore! We've also got that Article 13 bollocks loaming which could fuck up all sorts of the internet for us...things are just royally fucked right now!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Europe is in worse shape than the the US by far, completely fractured, I knew Macron would be a failure, France looked like it was on the cusp of a revolution against Macron the other week. it looked like Ukraine before their revolution.
    Germany has become unstable too, and Italy has a strongman in charge. even in Spain far right group got elected last week. I cant even begin to talk about Eastern Europe. Poland and Hungary have become Hybrid regimes.
    on the plus side
    there is a genuine possibilty Brexit WONT happen now, its looking more likely that there could be a second referendum next year. Polls show most people have turned against the idea of leaving the EU. Most see there is no point in leaving with the deal Theresa May has gotten.
    ive just never understood how we would be better off leaving the EU, we would be fine, but better off? No.

I think if we do have a second referendum it will cause harm though at the same time though and could produce a far right party to gain ground In the UK.
    but the whole thing has just shown how fucked up the current apparatus and structure of government in London is, makes democracy look terrible.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Goddamnit, how did I post this in the entirely wrong thread? Ugh. Move along; nothing to see here.
    Last edited by theimage13; 12-13-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Europe is in worse shape than the the US by far, completely fractured, I knew Macron would be a failure, France looked like it was on the cusp of a revolution against Macron the other week. it looked like Ukraine before their revolution.
    Germany has become unstable too, and Italy has a strongman in charge. even in Spain far right group got elected last week. I cant even begin to talk about Eastern Europe. Poland and Hungary have become Hybrid regimes.
    on the plus side
    there is a genuine possibilty Brexit WONT happen now, its looking more likely that there could be a second referendum next year. Polls show most people have turned against the idea of leaving the EU. Most see there is no point in leaving with the deal Theresa May has gotten.
    ive just never understood how we would be better off leaving the EU, we would be fine, but better off? No.

I think if we do have a second referendum it will cause harm though at the same time though and could produce a far right party to gain ground In the UK.
    but the whole thing has just shown how fucked up the current apparatus and structure of government in London is, makes democracy look terrible.
    Arron Banks and Nigel Farage are reportedly working on some new populist right wing movement - Steve Bannon is currently funding such groups around the world, wouldn't be surprised if he gets involved. Be interesting to see if anyone from the ERG faction of the Tories defects to this new group

Also it's funny how the brexiters say a second referendum would be a betrayal of democracy - and then stage a leadership coup, even though we had a general election in 2017.
    So it's ok to have a second vote on something the public decided in 2017, but not 2016?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Arron Banks and Nigel Farage are reportedly working on some new populist right wing movement - Steve Bannon is currently funding such groups around the world, wouldn't be surprised if he gets involved. Be interesting to see if anyone from the ERG faction of the Tories defects to this new group

Also it's funny how the brexiters say a second referendum would be a betrayal of democracy - and then stage a leadership coup, even though we had a general election in 2017.
    So it's ok to have a second vote on something the public decided in 2017, but not 2016?
    Also according to Rees Mogg Teresa May should step down because 63% is not enough, yet 52% - 48% is such a resounding victory we should crash out with no deal (even though I've seen videos of Farage and other leavers say nobody is threatening our place in the single market! Ugh absolute cunt he is

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Protesters outnumbering gathered supporters of the UN migration pact in Belgium: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...QWV1grW0LPTcAY

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well this ain't good. Poland - Gdansk Mayor stabbed to death in public during public event. He was a vocal opponent of Poland's current hard right Law and Justice Party.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46867286

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yeah that's def. not good. Poland getting worse and worse it seems like.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I think this sums up my Twitter feed as of late -

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So we got our European election voting cards today! What would be really nice is if the fucks in Nigel Farage’s constituency could finally redeem themselves by voting the fucker out overwhelmingly! I can dream

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    And the Soggy Wotsit is coming back to the UK in June, because that's exactly what we need right now

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ...annnnnnnnnd rather predictably, many MP's are calling for the trip to be called off and moving to campaign against him coming...when there are other more important things we should be doing!

I don't want him here, but this has now taken over everything else on our plate, and it was a fucking full plate of shit! Almost feel's like someone has done this on purpose to distract us...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...annnnnnnnnd rather predictably, many MP's are calling for the trip to be called off and moving to campaign against him coming...when there are other more important things we should be doing!

I don't want him here, but this has now taken over everything else on our plate, and it was a fucking full plate of shit! Almost feel's like someone has done this on purpose to distract us...
    Yes I don’t give a shit that Trump is coming, they should be concentrating on this Brexit impasse

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There's a new BBC documentary "The Rise of the Right in Europe": (haven't seen yet)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...ight-in-europe

"A wave of far-right politics is sweeping Europe, with parties promising to smash the ruling elite, end migration and re-shape the EU. With elections just days away the Jean Mackenzie travels across the continent to find out why the Right is on the rise, meeting those celebrating its success, and those fighting to stop it. Could Europe, as we know it, be about to change?"

Edit: Saw it, it's just 20+ minute long, nothing major or exactly new, but informative.
    Last edited by Substance242; 05-18-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    There's a new BBC documentary "The Rise of the Right in Europe": (haven't seen yet)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...ight-in-europe

"A wave of far-right politics is sweeping Europe, with parties promising to smash the ruling elite, end migration and re-shape the EU. With elections just days away the Jean Mackenzie travels across the continent to find out why the Right is on the rise, meeting those celebrating its success, and those fighting to stop it. Could Europe, as we know it, be about to change?"
    The BBC have got a cheek the amount of coverage they give to Nigel Farage

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I don't understand why they are given him so much air time! Only thing i can think of is they want the ratings....is that a reason for the BBC?

I do love however that the weapon of choice against these twats is Milkshakes, and they are TERRIFIED of them

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

I do love however that the weapon of choice against these twats is Milkshakes, and they are TERRIFIED of them
    In case anyone missed the headlines LOL

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdo...-brexit-2019-5

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    In case anyone missed the headlines LOL

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdo...-brexit-2019-5
    What makes it funnier is Burger King then tweeted out they still sold Milkshakes, that lead to some far-right try hards to start accusing them of promoting violence

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    *UPDATE*

Slimey twat Nigel Farage has been hit with a Milkshake, i repeat he has been successfully hit with a milkshake, VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Edit : loads of people now chiming in this has crossed the line...fuck off. Remember when Bush got a shoe thrown at him?! I say fucking go to town on these twats with food, spoiled preferably, to show how fucked off we are. BRING OUT THE TOMATOES!
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 05-20-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I like this one:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    *UPDATE*

Slimey twat Nigel Farage has been hit with a Milkshake, i repeat he has been successfully hit with a milkshake, VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Edit : loads of people now chiming in this has crossed the line...fuck off. Remember when Bush got a shoe thrown at him?! I say fucking go to town on these twats with food, spoiled preferably, to show how fucked off we are. BRING OUT THE TOMATOES!
    Fantastic, I heard McDonalds in Edinburgh had been told by the police to stop selling milkshakes while Farage is in town - I suppose they have to uphold the law even for far right fascists