Thread: Europe lurches to the Right

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    It feels like finding out this old buddy with which you kept bickering for years actually doesn't like you.

I know it's not an issue between the UK and France, but it's disheartening all the same.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    It feels like finding out this old buddy with which you kept bickering for years actually doesn't like you.

I know it's not an issue between the UK and France, but it's disheartening all the same.
    Honestly I was about to make some platitudes along the 'we do like you really'lines but in fact this whole thing has been horrifying - you know when you realise half the people you live among have really obnoxious views. It's something you half knew but didn't want to accept but this referendum is like somebody ripping off a scab revealing oozing pus underneath.
    But your life and livelihood depends on the country not going down the shItter and all the 'leave' people are telling you to shut up and get on with it. Ugh. I'm friends with a fair few Europeans (including french people) who have made lives here and are lovely and don't deserve this shit. I could go on and on