Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mindless Self Indulgence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mindless Self Indulgence

MSI is touring in 2012, and even though it's unlikely that i'll see them (they only have one Canadian date in Toronto in March), it would be neat to hear if any of you guys have ever seen them live. Wonder what i'll be missing...

It would be cool if they announced a concert that was a little closer to Edmonton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw em once about 6 or so years ago. Kill Hannah was opening for them and they were fucking terrible. MSI put on a great show though, Jimmy Urine stuck around for like 45 mins after the show selling kisses for $1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was really into the music in high school. Now it grates on my ears and I want to kill it with fire. Which is essentially the whole point, so that's cool. Saw them at the Wiltern a while back and it was awesome, I must admit. They're energy live is pretty cool, I'd go see them again if they came to L.A. for nostalgia's sake.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They were fab when I saw them in 2007. So much energy, taunting the fans, and a really fun show.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If you crave a taste of oldschool MSI, check out The Left Rights. It has a few tracks that sound like they were MSI outtakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think The Left Rights was a recording session by Jimmy Urine and Steve, Righ? were they stayed up all night and just recorded every dumb thing that popped into their heads.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    Yeah, I think The Left Rights was a recording session by Jimmy Urine and Steve, Righ? were they stayed up all night and just recorded every dumb thing that popped into their heads.
    Well, that was the first album, but I forgot to mention the album I was more referring to was Bad Choices Made Easy, the second album they made which is a lot more structured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Well, that was the first album, but I forgot to mention the album I was more referring to was Bad Choices Made Easy, the second album they made which is a lot more structured.
    Ah I see, I haven't heard the second album. I should check that out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember seeing them at the Fox Theater in 2006. While their music grates my ears now, they are fantastic live. They throw things at the audience, Jimmy was bouncing around every where and they pull people up to grind on them/tie them to chairs. Their album stuff is kinda hard to take at times, but I highly recommend seeing/hearing it live.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    i like MSI... haven't listened to em much lately
    but i do own all of their CDs
    hmm... i dunno, but i'm not feeling this kickstarter

it's like, hey we made an album... but fuck you, give us a bunch of money first or else you won't hear it

i dunno, just doesn't feel right... kinda comes off as dickish. and i usually like kickstarters.

if it's pretty much recorded, how about you just give us the damn album.
    it's not like you guys haven't made any money touring the world for christ's sake

and i don't like how the more money you do spend, you don't even get the stuff that comes with the lower amounts come with
    like you pay $5,000 and you only get your name as a song title? but don't get any special merch or even the fucking CD from the previous offers?
    bullshit! at least give the fucker dropping $5Gs some special shirts and shit that the people who paid even less money are getting.

they even had the balls to write for the person that drops $5,000 to help them release their album...
    "Album not included, you can clearly afford to buy that shit separately"

Seriously? Someone drops that much cash to help you release an album that you pretty much have done and you don't even give them a copy of it?

Sorry, just bad vibes all around boys and girls
    I was a fan of theirs for years, but fuck you MSI

Last edited by neorev; 10-25-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    You're acting like this kind of thing is new when really it's what MSI is notorious of doing.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the 5,000 dollar option is a joke and they really don't want anyone to actually buy it.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Kickstarter? What a joke.
    Put together your own label and release the damn thing. Kickstarter is for starters, not seasoned pros.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm intrigued. and I want a new MSI album. They've got my ten bucks.

I think it's a good way to build hype and make the money they want to make off the album by advertising to their own niche market instead of using outdated advertising techniques and hoping for the best. It's a good way for fans to show their love. With their wallets. Plus, I've pirated everything they've released, so I suppose they deserve some of my money.
    Last edited by ghostaustin; 10-26-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    What a dumb way of selling an album! i know they will release the damn thing anyway but the band could be less of a douche with their fans...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    They were fab when I saw them in 2007. So much energy, taunting the fans, and a really fun show.
    Yeah I saw that tour at a small venue in the westcountry and was really blown away by how good they were. i'm not a huge fan but they were a great show (also the first time I ever felt old at a rock show). They were nice people too, very kind to all the bumpkin kids swooning over them in the car park afterwards, made an effort to talk to them all etc

I like the unicursal hexagram/coffin artwork on this new thing! But 150 large, haha... Never. Fifty would be a safer bet. This an age where you can get to #1 in the UK by selling 3000 records
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-26-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I kept walking by their dressing room on Thursday. It felt a little bit odd.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Figured I'd post this:
    "Your money is refunded if the campaign isn't successful. You stand no risk of paying for something and not getting it". - Jimmy Urine
    From Facebook.

Also, Jimmy said that whoever pays for the 5,000 dollar option WILL get the cd. The not giving it to them was a joke.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 11-01-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I kept walking by their dressing room on Thursday. It felt a little bit odd.
    Ah what... They played a venue 10 minutes from me the other night, had no idea

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ah what... They played a venue 10 minutes from me the other night, had no idea
    Yeah, I went to see Surgyn and Modulate in Manchester. MSI were playing Academy 2 (second floor) and they were Academy 3 (floor above that), with the MSI dressing room being on the third floor as well. Can't say that I saw any of the band members, but it was just off the corridor I was waiting in.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    150,000 has been reached
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ulgence-record
    Oh, plus here are two songs from the record:

One in demo form:

Oh, and here's the studio version of Last Gay Song:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, those new songs are addictive. I'm loving the overabundance of drum and bass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new album is pretty fucking awesome. A step up from the horror that was If.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

This totally crept up on me, gonna have to go have a listen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethbryte View Post
    The new album is pretty fucking awesome. A step up from the horror that was If.
    Hey, I liked If...

But if this is true, then I should enjoy this very much.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Uneven but pretty good nonetheless.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Yeah, I got my kickstarter digital download two days ago, but only got a chance to give it a good listen this morning. It made a pretty good first impression, there are some songs that are instant favorites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like this one a lot. Witness, Fuck Machine, It Gets Worse, Casio, Kill you all in a hip hop rage and Jack you up are really Jimmy at his best. It 'sounds' kind of weird to me though, I cant put my finger on it, but the sound/feel of it is very YRTA to my ears and I did not expect that after If, but I guess I did not expect to ever heard another MSI album after If either. If kind of seemed like a good place for him to stop and do other stuff, but I am really glad he didn't. It's nice that we almost have studio versions of everything from the live album now, but I wish like hell Thank God was on this as a proper album track.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    ^^^
    I second that, 'Thank God' needs a proper studio album version!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do too, but I'm at least glad we have that single for it.