Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Makeup Thread

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    As I've run out of things to buy, I'm looking to you lovely people to inspire me...

What are your Top 5 must have makeup/beauty products?
    In no particular order:

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
    Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Toasted Almond.
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner.
    Lorac Front of the Line Pro Liquid Eye Liner
    The Body Deli Sage Grapefruit Cleanser
    Bonus
    Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle

*Look! The first three items can be found at Sephora. How convenient!!! lol*

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I am SAAAH excited about that Sephora order. You're the bestest <3

Heard really good things about KvD's Lock-It foundation, however I hate buying foundation online without testing it first. Sephora is opening in Aus in December and pretty sure they're stocking KvD (as nowhere else does), so will definitely suss it out That shampoo and conditioner looks great as well... And those Bite Beauty pencils - the description mentioned wine, so I'm pretty much sold.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I definitely am one to try foundations in store rather than buying them blindly online. Also, this is the best primer out there in my opinion. It's expensive as hell. I hope your Sephora will stock it because you need to try it.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    What is the opinion on brushes? Are the better ones worth it?

I have an old set of Eco Tools that were always alright, but a couple of them are pretty pitiful now. I've had them for over 5 years, though. Is it worth upgrading to "better" brushes?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Personally, I invested in some really good brushes and it seems really worth it because hair from the brushes isn't sticking on my face, LOL. But keeping them really clean seems to be the most important part, and each time you clean the cheap-o brushes, they seem to fall apart more?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah... I clean mine maybe like once a month? I used to just use warm water and soap. But I recently bought some of the actual cleaner stuff from Ulta. they for sure lose some of their hairs and seem to get kind of frayed and such. What brushes do you have?

It will probably be the big thing that I ask for for Christmas.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    What is the opinion on brushes? Are the better ones worth it?
    Most definitely. And the best ones last forever. Think I've spent around $400 over the years on all my MAC brushes. (Had a few stolen at a party once so had to rebuy) and they are amazing.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Brushes are definitely worth investing in, and should last you 10 years+ if you treat them well. MAC make amazing brushes but I don't love their eyeliner brush, it's a bit too small and kind of flakey so I just use a cheap eco tools one I bought and I love it so much.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    MAC make amazing brushes but I don't love their eyeliner brush, it's a bit too small and kind of flakey
    They have three or four different eye liner brushes. Which one did you try? This is my stand-by. Since my retinal surgery, I switched to powder liner instead of liquid and this brush is perfect for it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    They have three or four different eye liner brushes. Which one did you try? This is my stand-by. Since my retinal surgery, I switched to powder liner instead of liquid and this brush is perfect for it.
    That thicker one actually looks a lot better, I might buy it instead. I have this one and I don't really love it.

http://www.maccosmetics.com.au/produ...ush/index.tmpl

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Sigma makes good brushes as well.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Fucking shit. I just blew up my credit card at Sephora. I need to hustle the corner to pay my damage off!!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I say that every time I'm at Aveda. I have nearly enough Pure Privilege points to go on the fucking spa trip.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Oh, man. I got this stuff in my ipsy bag this month:

http://www.clarisea.com/prod-Instant...liant-114.aspx

I thought it sounded pretty weird, but I LOVE it. It works well on my stupid baby skin.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Gah, why are French pharmaceuticals so bloody expensive in this country? Ordered this off amazon to combat winter dryness. We'll see.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Went to my first class at Sephora over the weekend. It was a contouring and highlighting class. I had so much fun and walked away nearly $100 more broke. I got that YSL Touche Éclat highlighting pen!!!!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Gah, why are French pharmaceuticals so bloody expensive in this country? Ordered this off amazon to combat winter dryness. We'll see.

I loooooooooooooove this stuff omg. My face is like a baby's butt, now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I use that, too I buy it from Swanson Vitamins, especially when I have a big discount code.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Has anyone tried Hourglass' ambient light blush or Urban Decay's Naked blush?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    If any of you are Sephora Beauty Insider members, this year's birthday sampler is a Nars set of Cruella and Rikugien lip pencils.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Has anyone tried Hourglass' ambient light blush?
    I don't have their ambient blush but I do have their ambient light powder (I think it's Dimmed Light). I like it for everyday wear. It's nice and subtle and give the right amount of glow.

If any of you are Sephora Beauty Insider members, this year's birthday sampler is a Nars set of Cruella and Rikugien lip pencils.
    I saw that. I'm so stoked. July, hurry up.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Ended up picking up the last box of Diffused Heat yesterday, along with samples of Hourglass' primer, Naked foundation and Benefit's Hello Flawless.

I'm so excited for Nyx's new collection!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    @orestes You are gonna LOVE the Hourglass primer. It is my holy grail of primers.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I just made a spreadsheet of my makeup inventory: $4538. That's not including the orders I just placed at Makeup Geek and Ulta. I know I don't have everything, but damn. That's a lot of money.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Gah, I keep buying Kat Von D products and I want to hate them because I'm not the biggest fan of her, but holy cum, they are so good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So glad I've found this thread. It's still relevant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I just made a spreadsheet of my makeup inventory: $4538. That's not including the orders I just placed at Makeup Geek and Ulta. I know I don't have everything, but damn. That's a lot of money.
    Oh, I can relate to that. You can't just leave Sephora without spending $100 or more I love Kat Von D products as well, but why I can't see thread about shampoos and hair fragrances? For example, after reading articles on Harimadnesssalon about natural conditioners I'm using a homemade recipe with baking soda and apple vinegar as advised.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just wanted to say that my top 4 favorite colors for lipstick and nail polish still happen to be red, black, purple and pink. I don't think that'll ever change.