Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Tattoos

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post

less than 24 hours old, on left forearm.

Figured this would be the best place to ask. This was my last tattoo, for The Fragile, on my left arm. I am going to pair it with a tattoo done in the same style for The Downward Spiral on my right arm. I had initially decided on a partially curled millipede (mimicking the cover of Closer to God) but recently thought that maybe I should instead have a moth since that's the artwork for the actual album rather than a single from that era.
    I know this is probably being way more picky than I should be, but if anyone's going to understand it would be NIN fans who also get tattoos.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Figured this would be the best place to ask. This was my last tattoo, for The Fragile, on my left arm. I am going to pair it with a tattoo done in the same style for The Downward Spiral on my right arm. I had initially decided on a partially curled millipede (mimicking the cover of Closer to God) but recently thought that maybe I should instead have a moth since that's the artwork for the actual album rather than a single from that era.
    I know this is probably being way more picky than I should be, but if anyone's going to understand it would be NIN fans who also get tattoos.
    since the millipede appears on multiple halos from that period (including the disc of TDS) i would say it's era-specific and perfect. while i like the moth, you would have to make it gigantic (in comparison to the flower) to have it even remotely match, and that might look a bit odd. it's also nowhere near as iconic of an image.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

got this a couple weeks ago, as always, designed & tattooed by Allie Sider at logan square tattoo in chicago
    i just...really like mazes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    got this yesterday

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

mermaid tattoo by my usual artist, allie sider, at logan square tattoo in chicago
    got this last week. my mom got a matching one (though smaller and with less detail). was nice to do something like that together.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Goddamn @scotty 79 , the woman's face is especially stunning. and, that's REALLY badass, @eversonpoe , that you and your mom got matching ink.

as for me, I'm fucking 39, with all sorts of ideas for tattoos, but i still don't have any. i sure might get one, though, next time i go to Denver

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Now that I'm getting some funds saved up I'm thinking is time for some new ink.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Realized I hadn't yet posted the progress shot of my back. Only another 3 three hour sits and it should be banged out. Never get tattooed on your sides, fml.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Update: Finally done! Six three hour sessions over eight weeks.

Last edited by october_midnight; 12-24-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quick little banger on the shin above Bowie.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i've gotten quite a few tattoos since the last time i posted in here, but this is my newest:

the lament configuration, from hellraiser, done by my friend vanessa.

getting it as a tramp stamp originally started as a joke but i committed to the bit and i'm really happy i did because i love it!