Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Image

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    @Sarah K and anyone else mildly interested in my insecurity.

This is what my size 10/12 (11/13 if you shop in Juniors) looks like on me.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    That said, I want to get in better shape and plan to start taking burlesque classes in June.
    I've been to a few burlesque shows, they're always a lot of fun. PUT THOSE BACKWARD KICKS TO USE.

As for me, I REALLY should get back to the gym. My ex just broke up with her fiancee (he's an utter dickhead who was emotionally abusing her towards the end) and she wants to get healthy again after losing her sense of self worth in said relationship. So I'm thinking the two of us should do the mutually supportive regimen thing! It started yesterday, in a way, when I helped her move out of his place. 40 trips up and down the stairs to his 2nd floor place? My thighs are kinda burning today.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    @Sarah K and anyone else mildly interested in my insecurity.

This is what my size 10/12 (11/13 if you shop in Juniors) looks like on me.
    I'm basically the same size as you, also you're hot.

I'd also like to point out that some of us are attracted to curvier bodies -- and that it's not us overlooking shit.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    I'm basically the same size as you, also you're hot.

I'd also like to point out that some of us are attracted to curvier bodies -- and that it's not us overlooking shit.
    Thanks! It means a lot to me. I know that I get insecure. Maybe it's because that I'm not in a LTR that I think that my appearance has something to do with it. Then again, I get gawked at all the time (I'm not trying to be conceited here).

I really appreciate those who like curvier bodies- men and women!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never really used to care about being overweight and then I lost 20kg and BOOM it opened up a whole can of body image worms. It’s weird. I’m more dissatisfied/messed up about food now than I ever was when I was fat.

(For context I’m 5’9”, used to weigh 84kg (185lbs) and now I’m hovering around 65kg (143lbs).)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Confidence is what i find sexy. My long term ex was heavy by standards but carried it well imo. The last girl i dated was tall and a bit heavy as well but man was she a sexy beast. I myself was always a fat kid imo, looking back at old photos i realize that while i carried weight mainly due to a smaller frame (my mom is tiny) i wasn't really that fat per say. After i took on my post break up stress and no food diet i lost like 40 pounds which helped thin out my face from what i can tell. Now at 35 soon to be 36 i feel and see that i look better than most people i knew in school that gave me shit for being a big bellied kid so they ca suck it. Im roughly 6'1(2) and about 195 and pretty soft i look like i have some muscles but its squishy. Personally for me just being comfortable in my skin has helped me out a lot I've found. That said i still have a pounch and a flabby chest but whatever. You just have to own it whatever it may be. Sure superficial dudes and women may want some scrawny bean pole or muscled out asshole. Personally i don't get it. The girl i have been hanging out with recently is a bit heavy but she wears it well and seems not to worry about it which to me is a turn on.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Confidence is what i find sexy.
    this this this. god damn. there is NOTHING sexier than someone finding themselves sexy, and carrying that on the outside.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Where can I buy some?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm not fat, but my German roots are very prevalent in that I have a gut that doesn't match the rest of my body. I also have thick legs and a short stature, so I pay very close attention to what I wear and how I present myself at all times. Seriously, I'm better dressed going to the grocery store than some people going to church anymore. The one thing I can never hide is my fucked up bone structure, though. I hide my hands out of shame because of how weird they are.
    I've always had issues with my body and appearance and it's taken me a long time to go from actual loathing to just dealing with it. I've never really been a fan of my face, either, but at least now I know that I'm not a total C.H.U.D. :P
    It's a never ending battle, and even if I work my ass off and wind up with a body like Trent's, I'll still never be fully satisfied with the way I look.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    I'm not fat, but my German roots are very prevalent in that I have a gut that doesn't match the rest of my body. I also have thick legs and a short stature, so I pay very close attention to what I wear and how I present myself at all times. Seriously, I'm better dressed going to the grocery store than some people going to church anymore. The one thing I can never hide is my fucked up bone structure, though. I hide my hands out of shame because of how weird they are.
    I've always had issues with my body and appearance and it's taken me a long time to go from actual loathing to just dealing with it. I've never really been a fan of my face, either, but at least now I know that I'm not a total C.H.U.D. :P
    It's a never ending battle, and even if I work my ass off and wind up with a body like Trent's, I'll still never be fully satisfied with the way I look.
    i highly doubt you'd ever look like a C.H.U.D. (or even as unattractive as daniel stern) but i totally understand what you mean.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I struggle with who would want do date my short and "chubby" self. But that's just me being totally insecure. I'm sure I have the body of a goddess in someone's eyes. I have big brown eyes and lips to lust over for. I know looks don't mean everything but they sure do help. *Sigh* I'm just acting like a teenager, I guess.
    Or perhaps you're just being humble. You really are stunning and cuddly looking to me.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Or perhaps you're just being humble. You really are stunning and cuddly looking to me.
    Maybe you're being too polite! Lol
    Thanks!!!!! I love to cuddle. <3

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    I'll still never be fully satisfied with the way I look.
    see, imo, it is this that sums it up.
    never being fully satisfied with the way you look.
    i have been heavy and i have been way too thin, but found that no matter what my size...i don't like or appreciate my shape.
    whether or not i was a size zero or one or two or five or six or more...i find my body shape aesthetically displeasing.
    no matter how many compliments i get, from men or women, i do not see attractiveness reflected from my mirror.
    i like to believe that if i was fully satisfied with my inner self, then my outer self would be viewed differently.
    but then again, no matter how much acceptance i find it won't change the fact that i wear the body of a slim woman on top and a heavy one on bottom. lol. talk about your "dissonance barbie".

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just posted something on the Narcissism and Voyeurism thread which I probably should have posted here, but that thought occurred to me after hitting reply... Anyways, the point of it is relevant to this thread. Luff you guys and I really do think you're all pretty bangin.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...687#post187687

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ah! Summer! Traveling!
    Anyways, I'm going to Spain in two months and I thought "I MUST LOOSE 20 LBS' but now I realize, why? Really, why? So I can be more attractive to....strangers I'm hardly going to get to know if just a few weeks time. Screw that. I saw an internet thingy and I related:
    https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...99581045_n.jpg

I keep myself moderately fit. Unless I'm biking to work and other places constantly like I was in the City, there's no way I'm realistically loosing weight. I'm not about to go to the gym (I'm done paying for that stupidity. YES I SAY STUPIDITY. There are other ways of being healthy and engaged int he world without being in another indoor box room.)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The point of going on holiday is to eat and drink everything.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    TRUE. Which actually motivates me to loose weight here while I'm eating my own boring food. I'm ok with my weight but adding more would just really get in my way. My knees don't need that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    What's this "confidence" thing you speak of?!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    So, this is how I look like as of yesterday. I was doing a presentation on abstract art at my daughter's class.
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ps6057f628.jpg
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ps501ee47d.jpg
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ps4df2aae5.jpg
    Some days I think that I'm not so bad looking and other days I think I'm just another fat girl. *Sighs*

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Nah, you look good!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I like this thread, as I could use it as an extra reminder and overall incentive to lose weight. I've just started though, but the cravings are still challenging to overcome. I've also been a very emotional eater. As for my height, I'm fine with it, but it's my weight that I'd really need to work on. It's also rather pleasant to see the kind words of encouragement and acceptance here.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-26-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    @Charmingly Miserable , you're looking fine to me.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Everyone in this thread looks great. I mean it. I think the biggest part of body image is how you present yourself. If you think to yourself "I look good in this" then you're gonna rock whatever it is you're wearing.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    So, this is how I look like as of yesterday. I was doing a presentation on abstract art at my daughter's class.
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ps6057f628.jpg
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ps501ee47d.jpg
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ps4df2aae5.jpg
    Some days I think that I'm not so bad looking and other days I think I'm just another fat girl. *Sighs*
    You're definitely attractive, and very sweet. I'd certainly hope to see more of you too.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @Charmingly Miserable , you aren't the only one who likes your latina curves.
    You are fine as fuck!
    And HELL no you aren't fat, and PLEASE don't loose 30 lbs!
    See, this is the shit i was just talking about in the fucking thread.
    All these magazines and TV shows...all they wanna do is tell you that you aren't good enough so they can sell you diets and maquillas and shit that you don't need.

Your body is WONDERFUL. It looks a WHOLE lot like my Lorien's.
    And for god's sake, please don't get surgery of any kind. That shit is crazy to me.

NOW...about my body image. I am a good looking guy. But i am 34 years old. When i was young, i had a flat stomach...very sexy...size 28 bell bottoms in high school.
    When i lived in dallas, i did the urban mode of travel...bus and train...for about 10 years. And i walked about 5 miles a day.

But i've been lounging around the family estate house and now i'm in the worst shape of my life. I'm right at 6ft tall and weigh like 210. (just to give you an idea, when i was 19 and wearing fishnets on my arms and generally driving all the rock and roll girls crazy, i weighed about 140.)
    But i was like sickly skinny back then.
    The bottom line is that i have a gut and it's getting bigger. i fucking HATE it. and i don't have muscles.
    and part of the problem is that i got in two big wrecks and got hurt pretty bad, so i'm kinda scared to work out!
    But lorien thinks i'm dead sexy, so at least that.

But i've gotta ask, @Charmingly Miserable . Is a tummy acceptable on a man, or do you only give cuddles to men with rock hard abs?

Oh yeah, @Sarah K ... i think i JUST posted something along the lines of "real women have curves" in the fucking thread. Bad synchronicity.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Is a tummy acceptable on a man, or do you only give cuddles to men with rock hard abs?
    I hooked up with a guy who had the six pack and all this year. Honestly, it was intimidating. While he had a nice body, it's not my thing. My ex husband was skinny. All I want to say about that is: eh.

Also, at 6'1" and 210 lbs, that sounds decent to me.
    I've got fat. And lots of it. I like my man to have a little bit of cushion too. It makes me feel a whole lot more comfortable about my fatness.

You guys are almost convincing that I look ok. You guys need to remember I'm short, like 5'1" short. I don't want to look like those magazine cover chicks. I've got scars, stretch marks and a whole lot of jiggle. I just want to drop 30 lbs and get a tummy tuck. I had a C-section with my daughter and my tummy is needs to be in its pre pregnancy stage.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    36-24-36?
    Only if she's 5'3!!!
    lol

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I feel fat fat fat and ugly. I have put on weight this year - thank you, stress (though I cannot blame anyone but myself. OK maybe Ben and Jerry).
    I feel really self conscious about talking about food with people, lest they be thinking "yeah you should eat less of all that stuff you're talking about."
    The other night something weird happened, I was drinking with some friends; half-way through I think I offended one of them by mixing her up with her roommate about something. At the end she was ranting something completely random about "fat people" at me, and I'm thinking (we are pretty drunk at this point) "she is totally fat-shaming me. OK."
    The strange part is, I didn't mind it so much: it was a little weird, the way she was doing it indirectly. But a part of me kind of feels that I would like more people to tell me I'm fat so I can stop trying to hide it from myself, and deal with the issue instead of ignoring it.
    Like my partner, for example, when ever I bring up I need to lose weight she's like "nah you're fine."
    But this is also lazy: I shouldn't try to outsource this onto others.
    I need to take care of it myself. I feel I've been struggling with this issue my whole life and I am always back at square one: overweight, unhappy with being overweight, feeling powerless to do anything about it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i totally understand, my friend.

i just posted something about my eating habits in the "little things that piss you off" thread last night, and i realize it should have gone here...
    so, here it is:

i'm really frustrated with how hungry i always seem to be.

i'm trying to get in better shape before our wedding in september (as is my fiancee), but i love food, and i don't really like/can't seem to bring myself to exercise other than riding my bike. i've been trying to eat better, but i hate most vegetables. i've been eating reasonably-sized meals, but then i end up wanting snacks all the time, and when i don't eat them, i just end up eating bigger meals.

i don't care about "losing weight" because i don't care about the number, i just want to feel more comfortable in my own skin/my clothes.

it's also really hard not to let my old eating disorder(s) mentality kick in, so i'm constantly battling that.

being an adult sucks, guys.