Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: sky ferreira

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

sky ferreira

my favorite of 2013. i woke up early and saw the video to "you're not the one" on newnownext last fall. loved it, downloaded the record. "i blame myself" is pop gold.

any fans here?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I was surprised at how enjoyable I found this album. Very solid overall with a couple of downright excellent songs. "I Will" is the highlight for me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    My favorite pop album of 2013 as I love the album from start to finish as "24 Hours" is my favorite track on the album.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I am way way way obsessed with Sky. That album is phenomenal. Best pop album in years. I even bought tickets to the Bangerz tour to see her do a short 20 minute set. I have so much love for Sky.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    ooh, i'm jealous. i wanted to go to the tacomadome show SO badly. how was she?

the "i blame myself" video doesn't work with my own perception of the song. at all.

i'm considering going to the record exchange tomorrow to pick up the limited 'night time my time' picture disc.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    ooh, i'm jealous. i wanted to go to the tacomadome show SO badly. how was she?

the "i blame myself" video doesn't work with my own perception of the song. at all.

i'm considering going to the record exchange tomorrow to pick up the limited 'night time my time' picture disc.
    No idea. Miley got hospitalized 20 minutes before doors opened so the show got canceled. Really bummed me out. Hoping that she heads out on a full headline run later this year or something. Not gonna lie, I was really looking forward to Icona Pop as well. Truthfully speaking, that entire show, as a showcase of relevant Modern-Pop, that lineup was unstoppable.

I'd definitely pick up that picture disc if I was you. Limited to like 700, I believe, and if she blows up the way that I hope/think she will, that thing's gonna be worth a lot a few years from now.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    bummer, sorry to hear that. i guess a few shows have been cancelled. yeah, i would've loved to see that show. miley's great.

if there's only 700, i wonder how many an independent record store in boise, idaho, was allocated (if any at all).

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    the video's not racist, just awkward.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah I don't see how it's racist. So many African American hip hop artists make the exact same video, but throw in a white girl from new york and all of a sudden it's racist? Whatever. I like that the video's awkward though. So far all of her videos have been pretty uncomfortable, which is the point, I think. They're very fitting of her musical identity.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    the rsd picture disc is now for sale online. it's (a reasonable) $30 and comes with a button pack, too.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/ar...gram-masochism
    Looking forward to this. Hope it comes out this summer.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Honestly, this is a damn good cover.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    one of my all-time favorite songs. she did it justice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Our torture pop queen is back! Can't get over how great this single is. The strings are sexy af.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    really lookin forward to the new album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I need Sky's new album to drop already. Between this collab with Charli and Downhill Lullaby, my lowly expectations are rising.