Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo (FX Series)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Fargo (FX Series)

Anybody watch the premier? I thought it was pretty damn great and packed a lot into the first episode, so I'm hoping it can keep its pace throughout the season. The cinematography is beautiful and feels like you're watching a movie (or Breaking Bad). Casting so far has been excellent as well. Really looking forward to what else the first season has in store.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Shit, thought it was next week! I'll have to watch it tonight for sure.

*edit* well that was way better than I expected. Next episode, please!
    Last edited by ibanez33; 04-19-2014 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Loved the first episode. The long dissolves and overall atmosphere reminded me a lot of Mulholland Drive. Really hope it keeps it up in following episodes.
    Was it just me who got a bit of an Anton Chigurh vibe from Billy Bob Thornton's character?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3:15 View Post
    Was it just me who got a bit of an Anton Chigurh vibe from Billy Bob Thornton's character?
    I definitely felt that. Has anyone seen episode 2 yet? I'm gonna get on it right now.

*edit* maybe not AS good as the first one, but still more than enough to keep me watching it.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 04-24-2014 at 04:59 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I loved Ep 2. There was definitely a Chigurh moment for Thornton in the post office scene. This show has nailed the Coen brothers' style of writing and directing.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    OMG it's a sequel is all I have to say about last night's episode.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    caught up today, great show. cant wait for the next episode.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    OMG it's a sequel is all I have to say about last night's episode.
    I don't understand

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It takes place in the same universe as the movie did.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    It takes place in the same universe as the movie did.
    Holy shit I just realized! Spoiler: When watching it, I was so confused how that was the younger grocery store guy that found the money, because I was remembering Billy-Bob burying the money. I just remembered that that was Steve Buschemi

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I've never been to Minnesota in person but I'm pretty sure they nailed the accent 100% with every actor, it's fucking perfect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    By golly this series has just been a delight so far! Billy Bob's character is pure persistent evil while the other characters are just weird enough to be Coen Brothers worthy.
    Last night's episode was a nice throw back- or perhaps a sequel- to the movie. Loving it so far.
    Last edited by Michalrose; 06-11-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i love seeing glenn howerton in a new role

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    i love seeing glenn howerton in a new role
    I didn't know he was in this... I definitely need to find time to watch it now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    I didn't know he was in this... I definitely need to find time to watch it now.
    he's easily one of my favorite characters. his character reminds me a lot of the 'burn after reading' vein of the coen brothers movies.

the writer seems to be making pretty obvious (imo) coen brother's references throughout everything. it's been fun catching random pieces here and there. my favorite so far was the 'White Russian Special' sign.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    The scene where Lester calls his brother had me in stitches. This show keeps getting funnier and scarier.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Great great show. I scoffed at the idea of a Fargo television show, but I have to admit, it's pretty great and captivating.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Great great show. I scoffed at the idea of a Fargo television show, but I have to admit, it's pretty great and captivating.
    Same here. first thought was "sure, right, that outta work" and i kept that feeling throughout the first couple of minutes of the pilot episode, but boy was i in for a ride.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    the second the hammer came out in the first episode i knew we were good to go

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I like it, even having lived in bemidji which is nothing like what the show portrays. All in all i, enjoying it so far.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Colin hanks is the worst cop ever

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Colin hanks is the worst cop ever
    For serials. I thought the series has been slowing down a bit the last two episodes and then that ending came.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Guys help me out here. In the first episode there is a scene which I am positive I have seen in another film but can't place it. Spoiler: It's when Nygaard murders his wife. The whole setup, his wife belittling him and him asking her to take it back until he snaps and almost out of reflex hits her on the head with a hammer, her staying upright until blood trickles down and him finishing the job in a much more decisive way. Where have I seen that?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Only one episode left. This has been a fun series to watch. It doesn't feel like they can wrap it up in just one more episode, but we'll see.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just watched ep. 9 and wow. Holy cow. This show now sits alongside Hannibal as one of my favourites. Fantastic visual style, and writing that stays true to the spirit of the movie.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think the last episode is on for 90 mins so it should have plenty of time to wrap everything up. Amazing series though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    I think the last episode is on for 90 mins so it should have plenty of time to wrap everything up. Amazing series though.
    Didn't know that. Definitely excited for Tuesday.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    So is this a one season only show?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It sounds like each season is going to be it's own entity, like American Horror Story or True Detective. It hasn't been confirmed for a second season yet, but I'd count on it considering how popular and good it was.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    It sounds like each season is going to be it's own entity, like American Horror Story or True Detective. It hasn't been confirmed for a second season yet, but I'd count on it considering how popular and good it was.
    I see. Seems like this recipe has grown in the industry. Worked fine with AHS, can only hope it goes so well with both True Detective and Fargo.