Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Metallica

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    They basically need to leave the really fast numbers alone for an acoustic show. It'd be like Trent trying to do Gave Up or Wish acoustic. Just no.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I go way back with Metallica. Last time (summer 2017 stadium tour) they sounded great. Excellent show. The new "Justice" package is pretty good. I was at the Seattle show that has some songs on the live desk. Probably the best time I saw them.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    They basically need to leave the really fast numbers alone for an acoustic show. It'd be like Trent trying to do Gave Up or Wish acoustic. Just no.
    Generally speaking sometimes fast can work for acoustic stuff, like this...

But yeah, hard rock/metal doesn't translate as easily when it's so direct. Guns 'n Roses did "Welcome To The Jungle" at Neil Young's Bridge School Benefit, and aside from the questionable quality of the band anyway that is not a song you can unplug so easily.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I want you to reimburse me for my wasted 2 minutes lol

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    the new remaster of "and justice for all" (the album itself) is like a sledgehammer to the brain. in a real good way.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    the new remaster of "and justice for all" (the album itself) is like a sledgehammer to the brain. in a real good way.
    So this is a new remaster? I thought maybe they did one a few years back but that may have just been a re-issue. I mentioned this to a friend at work and he seemed to think so as well. In any event I'm glad to see that I did indeed read whatever it was right. Will have to let him know and check it out for myself.

*Just listened to ...yep.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 11-19-2018 at 02:57 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    So this is a new remaster? I thought maybe they did one a few years back but that may have just been a re-issue. I mentioned this to a friend at work and he seemed to think so as well. In any event I'm glad to see that I did indeed read whatever it was right. Will have to let him know and check it out for myself.
    I'm curious too... maybe I put off buying the 45RPM a little while longer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I'm curious too... maybe I put off buying the 45RPM a little while longer.
    Yes, it does sound better than the 2014 reissue. To my ears it sounds a bit punchier and more blended. Oh, fun fact... if you don't want to splurge on the boxed set version, the download code in the stand alone vinyl has the other 8 discs of material.