Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Metallica

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Part of the band's grief for Cliff manifested itself into the hazing that ensued, before it turned into out and out jealousy for the Echobrain thing. It's a bit of a shame because Jason was more than just a great bass-player and energy on stage, he seemed to be more connected to the fans than the other guys. Even more sad is that he has not utilized his talents into something that could have established him in the marketplace.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Justice was a great album due to the song writing/guitars on it. It doesn’t sound very good but I’d take that over something like the black album. The kick drums sound cool with a subwoofer if you’re into that sound. Never bothered me personally that you can’t hear the Newsted much, and honestly didn’t really know it was a thing until maybe 10 years ago (Internet, and what not).

It has to be my ears that ive never heard much bass in many metal bands, outside of something obvious like Tool and Iron Maiden or Cliff’s Anesthesia. Even more particularly bands with two guitarists where mids and high are just generally more audible.