Thread: The Relationship Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    What's the general consensus around here on long distance relationships?
    Ever been in one? Ever considered it? Know anyone who's been in one?
    I was in one (me in the US, him in the UK) for about 3 years. We lived together in the US for brief periods during that time and visited as much as we could but mostly were apart. Now 5 years later, we're married and live in the same country thank fuck! It was really hard but worth it in the end imo. It's one of those things where I wouldn't recommend it for everyone but is possible.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I was in a long distance... thing... for about 10 months. We never called it a relationship, but in hindsight, that's definitely how I treated it. He was REALLY terrible at communication. I don't think I would willingly do a long distance thing again unless I had a really strong foundation with the person and it was for a temporary period of time AND they were a strong communicator. Long distance is HARD and I just doubt I'd be willing. I know a ton of people who have had success with it, though.

My boyfriend and I joke that we're in a long distance relationship due to being about 2 hours apart by public transit in spite of living in the same city, but it's just not the same.