Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
I'm so sorry. And yeah, a lot of my single friends have mentioned that dating apps can be a trash experience.

This seems to be an obvious question, but for some folks it's less so: have you told friends/family/coworkers that you are interested in getting back into dating and ask them to help you out? Something as simple as "hey, if you know anybody who is single that would be open to dinner or coffee, can you help me get connected?" I know blind dates are somewhat intimidating and sometimes our social circles don't know us as well as we would think, but if you think about it dates from apps are basically blind dates too.

Anyway, I know that seems obvious and you've probably already done that but I actually struggled to ask people I knew for dating help and I'm glad I finally bit the bullet and did it.
To continue with my pity-party I have become super introverted following an unusual amount of loss including, but not limited to, two of my closest friends (practically brothers) committing suicide and my mom dying suddenly from terminal cancer... I am clinically depressed and was diagnosed with PTSD. I don't really have any friends anymore and my remaining family is not very close. My depression is what led to my wife leaving me. . .