Page 53 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 3234

Thread: The Relationship Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if you're into Facebook or whatever, but that also means unfriending everybody on Facebook. And unfollowing everybody on Twitter. I'm not just talking friends. I'm talking anybody and everybody who can report back or have contact, know what I mean? You don't need that shit. She has a boyfriend, now? Great. Have a nice life. You don't need to keep hearing about it. Which you will, if you all know each other on Facebook.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've definitely gone through a "Spring cleaning" on FB and either just unfollowed people or flat-out unfriended/blocked them. Thankfully I don't use Twitter. And yeah, I definitely agree on not wanting to know about things, and I know it's an almost childish attitude to have but I really do feel like at this point she can fuck off if she's going to be as ridiculous as she's being. I'm not interested in seeing anything she has to say or hearing it from anyone else, and even though from time to time I get the urge to check out places I know she goes online or ask people things, I've managed to resist that and accept that it's a temporary desire that very quickly fades that if I acted on would only serve to make me more upset and prolong the difficulty of it. Even on gmail I've removed her and a few other people from my contacts, just so I don't have to see the little icon or be reminded of it.

As someone who has had a very large internet presence for years now it's definitely been hard trying to remember all the places I may have shared/posted something but I've tried my best at removing what I can and ignoring anything else, so I'm pretty sure I'm about done in having to remove what I can. Honestly the toughest thing was finding every photo I had saved on my hard drive; there ended up being several gigs of just pictures, and deleting all of them took quite some time. It's all done now though!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It's NOT childish. It's actually the opposite. It's adult. The childish response is to want to know. The adult response is to cut all ties and move on. Deleting and purging can be very liberating! As you may be finding out right now, LOL!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @Charmingly Miserable : Thanks, hugs to you too! I could really use a hug; the only person I get them from is why I need one now, though, which is really hard to get used to. I've honestly never felt a romantic relationship be this awful in my life, and considering before this it was the best I'd ever felt, it's really something I think I still haven't completely comprehended just yet. I still feel like a big part of me is shutdown/in shock and not really processing anything. I still keep expecting to hear her voice or see her walk past me to go get some water or ask me to help her with the laundry, etc. I've been finding as many ways to distract myself as possible but at the end of the day that's all they are, distractions.

But it is what it is, y'know? I keep having this urge to find a way to contact her and tell her I'm sorry and want her back, but I know all it would do is make it hurt more when I see her say no again. I can't let myself end up in more positions to be hurt by this person. Even though it's a struggle to not put myself in those positions, I know I'm better off struggling than being in them, ultimately.

And yeah, loneliness is a weird thing. It's like someone gets so integrated into your life and built into your memory that everything you do, they're a part of it; we even showered together from time to time, for fuck's sake. All of the music I listen to or shows I watch or books I read, I always shared them with her, so now something as simple as sitting down to watch something on TV that I regularly watch is a completely weird experience; I watched Hannibal last Friday and kept stopping myself from saying things out loud, because I realized she wasn't there to hear them. It's like people get so used to not being alone that once they are it's an alien thing even though that's what we are for most of our lives anyways.

But really, thanks a lot man. You and everyone else around here have all been very awesome to me throughout this and it's just making me more and more glad I signed up here a few months ago.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I think this one is going to stick. Time will tell...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The guy I'm banging at the moment invited me over to watch Game of Thrones with his mum tonight... is this verging into relationship territory? :/

He's 22, so lives at home, and I've met his parents before and I'll say hi and ask how they're going as I walk up to his room, but... Hanging out and having dinner and watching GoT is a bit different. Maybe I'm just overthinking it and it's nothing?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    When you meet the parents some people think it gets serious

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Well, I've met them... And he obviously talks to his mum about me because when I got back from a trip she asked how it was, even though I've never mentioned it to her.

But... I've never spent more than 5 minutes chatting to her. So this is kinda different.

I dunno. I'm not good at this relationship stuff >.<

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Well, I've met them... And he obviously talks to his mum about me because when I got back from a trip she asked how it was, even though I've never mentioned it to her.

But... I've never spent more than 5 minutes chatting to her. So this is kinda different.

I dunno. I'm not good at this relationship stuff >.<
    I wouldn't overthink it until you have a reason to. I don't think it's that much of a stretch to want to hang out with someone who you obviously enjoy spending time with in sexier ways. Doesn't have to mean anything.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Goddamn, even laying in bed to go to sleep feels wrong by myself now. Looks like it's gonna be one of those nights where I get to sleep for half an hour, then wake up and never fall back. Really thought I was over this whole uncontrollable crying thing; man did my body decide to prove me wrong!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah, you're right... He's upstairs playing League of Legends and I'm hanging out with his mum talking about Eurovision. It's pretty standard 'friends who have sex behaviour', it's okay. Haha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm married.
    He keeps me going.
    He keeps me hanging on.
    He keeps me in touch with reality, yet out of sync with myself.
    I love him, adore him, and appreciate is every word--
    His slumber
    His wake.
    Whenever I find myself in a puddle of myself,
    He'll be there to pull me back in shape.
    Even though I am not perfect,
    All though our future is mostly likely grim
    My love chooses to stand tall
    For me
    Through the thick and the thin
    And I shall do the same.
    I'll hold him in my arms
    Till the very end.

You and I and our Little Glass House

(inspired by both this thread and Zero Sum)
    Last edited by BrownEyedStatistic; 05-19-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownEyedStatistic View Post
    I'm married.
    He keeps me going.
    He keeps me hanging on.
    He keeps me in touch with reality, yet out of sync with myself.
    I love him, adore him, and appreciate is every word--
    His slumber
    His wake.
    Whenever I find myself in a puddle of myself,
    He'll be there to pull me back in shape.
    Even though I am not perfect,
    All though our future is mostly likely grim
    My love chooses to stand tall
    For me
    Through the thick and the thin
    And I shall do the same.
    I'll hold him in my arms
    Till the very end.

You and I and our Little Glass House

(inspired by both this thread and Zero Sum)
    Okay... so I've read this like 64 times now. Is this about your husband or...?

I need to know if I should retract my facepalm.

Plz clarify, kthx.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes it's about my husband ;D

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sweet love and marriage
    A little bit of fucking
    A screaming baby

Inspired by real life events.
    Last edited by owinn; 05-19-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    Sweet love and marriage
    A little bit of fucking
    A screaming baby

Inspired by real life events.
    Wait, You have a baby????!!!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Bro, just date someone who isn't your wife...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    "SOON"

I was going to put a picture of a fetus wearing sunglasses here but Google Image Search disappoints.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    How do I stop having a crush on someone? Helppppp.

I think the 22 year old is making me like him. He cooked me breakfast this morning. And cuddled me all night, and even slept in the wet patch so I wouldn't have to. And he holds my hand in bed. And is ridiculously cute. MAKE IT STAHP!

I know this is a relationship thread, but until yesterday, I was quite happy not being in a relationship and now he's being all adorable and blah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My husband is depressed and refuses to seek treatment for it. What makes it even worse is that he's an OTR Truck Driver. I'm so scared that he might end up taking his own life behind the wheel out there. This hurts me so bad to see him like this.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin5in View Post
    My husband is depressed and refuses to seek treatment for it. What makes it even worse is that he's an OTR Truck Driver. I'm so scared that he might end up taking his own life behind the wheel out there. This hurts me so bad to see him like this.
    I've been in his shoes until I agreed to sit with my physician with my wife at the time. Seeing her bawl and cry in that exam room over a condition I didn't recognize got me into therapy right away. I hope he can be convinced that his problem is not just his problem but also affects everyone who loves him. That did it for me anyway. My best to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @sentient02970 Thanks for the sentiment. It feels good to be able to reach out and ther's someone listening.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Goin' on a date tomorrow, happy happy! Is it sappy that when she left on Sunday I was heading home for the weekend, and when I got back to my place a few minutes ago I'd forgotten that she'd left a toothbrush and her bag of fetishy/gothy attire here and it made me grin?
    'CAUSE IT DID.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    So....I'm doing the whole online dating thing (again). I've been on the damn thing for 9 days now and my profile has been viewed by 333 guys. That's 333 guys probably jerking off to my picks. Ugh. I don't want to be objectified but that's what I imagine.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah, I get the impression that the majority of people on dating sites are not in fact looking for dates, but they're there to get off.

I refuse to tell people that I met my partner on OKC so I just avoid those kind of sites and sit at home lonely and crying into a bowl of mexican food instead :P

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Yeah, I get the impression that the majority of people on dating sites are not in fact looking for dates, but they're there to get off.

I refuse to tell people that I met my partner on OKC so I just avoid those kind of sites and sit at home lonely and crying into a bowl of mexican food instead :P
    Unlike those kind of guys, I legitimately do use dating sites to try and find a real relationship. I recently just started seeing a girl I met on OkCupid (okay, I've *seen* her once so far, but we talk on the phone almost every day), and I'm actually very open about where we met when friends ask. If things progress the way I'd like them to, we'd be more proof that normal relationships actually *can* start on that site.
    In all honesty, I'm just as surprised as everyone else that it happened in the first place and that we genuinely like each other as much as we do. I was in one relationship before that started on OkCupid that lasted for six months, and that was seven months too long. I knew early on that it wasn't a healthy relationship for me to be in, but I thought (as horrible as it sounds) that my options were either to stick with it or go back to crying myself to sleep every night. I chose poorly and stayed until I couldn't take it anymore and broke it off. I know my story is not the only and far from the worst that's ever happened with that site.

Things seem to be going much better with this girl, thankfully.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Heh, I'm not telling my parents I met my gal at a fetish club... "Yeah, it's a sweet story, we were dancing and I thought she was way younger than me but it turned out she was about my age! Isn't that a coincidence? Anyway, then we went into the dungeon and I whipped her for a bit..."

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    OKC is for sure populated by many more hornballs than I anticipated. But, at least a lot of them state in their profile that they are only there for sex. I mean, I dig the honesty.

I haven't met anyone off of there, but I'm not opposed to it, either. I've been talking to one person pretty regularly. But I think he is way, WAY out of my league, and he will realize it in a hurry. lol. He has a Master's degree from Syracuse, and is the VP of a nonprofit... So uhhh... Yeah. Haha. I'm sure that it'll be short lived.

I don't really get the whole "Being embarrassed by meeting on the internet" deal. I mean, meh. It's a good way to connect with people, and know you have common interests before you waste time.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I don't really get the "I am just looking for sex" deal.
    Just looking for sex? Pay a sex worker.
    Who are these guys who just want to wham bam thank you mam and then leave?
    I know "most guys" are supposed to be like this...I just don't get why so many men are this way.
    To me good company and friendship and great conversation and having an awesome time together and doing cool stuff are more important than sex. If there's good sex, great. Why does it have to be the "main thing" on all these hornballs' mind? I'm not trying to pretend I am not a hornball too, but jeez, enough with the endless sexual frustration already. There's so much more to life.
    It's like masculinity has become equated with sexual frustration, and it's getting old.
    /OK rant over.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I don't really get the "I am just looking for sex" deal.
    Just looking for sex? Pay a sex worker.
    Who are these guys who just want to wham bam thank you mam and then leave?
    I know "most guys" are supposed to be like this...I just don't get why so many men are this way.
    To me good company and friendship and great conversation and having an awesome time together and doing cool stuff are more important than sex. If there's good sex, great. Why does it have to be the "main thing" on all these hornballs' mind? I'm not trying to pretend I am not a hornball too, but jeez, enough with the endless sexual frustration already. There's so much more to life.
    It's like masculinity has become equated with sexual frustration, and it's getting old.
    /OK rant over.
    Honestly, I think a lot of guys use sites (especially those like fetlife, alt.com, aff, etc.) as alternatives to paying for sex workers... they're trolling around hoping they'll find some "slutty chicks" to bang them for free.