Page 45 of 108 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 3234

Thread: The Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Oh, no, totally agree.

We're both interested in a threesome or potentially dating someone together at some point (at least the former) and I want to make a couple's profile on there. It just seems like the easiest way to make that happen. But since boyfriend hates okc, that's not really an option. So, I don't know how or when that's gonna come about.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So I figure fuck it, and I decided to take a small bit of initiative and actually message some ladies myself??? Old age is getting to me. I figure may as well, in theory, up my chances. I'll report back after tomorrow's date.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Date postponed till maybe Sunday. Which could prove interesting as I'll be a bag of shit by that point. Oh well no worries its dollar taco night and my buddy and some friends usually go out. The plus side is its at the bar girl from last night is working at for the moment.

So I guess it's back on. Just a bit later is all, said she was worried about making a weird impression due having drinks before hand. I told her basically I'd be little more than the aforementioned bag of shit Sunday night myself. So we'll see.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 10-30-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    How long can I manage a relationship with someone an hour and half away by car? I guess I'll find out with time. It's still disappointing to find myself in a "long distance" (an hour and half is an annoying drive once a week, but now we're looking for bus routes for him to visit me instead sometimes) thing again.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my fiancee and i just took a small vacation (only an hour and a half away, but nice). brought our hitatchi wand. boned every day we were gone. it was awesome.

edit: oops, thought this was the fucking thread. oh well...
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 10-31-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    How long can I manage a relationship with someone an hour and half away by car? I guess I'll find out with time. It's still disappointing to find myself in a "long distance" (an hour and half is an annoying drive once a week, but now we're looking for bus routes for him to visit me instead sometimes) thing again.
    Boyfriend lives almost 2 hours away via public transport, I think you know this actually, which is what I take, and about 40ish minutes by car, which is what he takes to mine usually. We manage. We don't consider it to be long distance. I mean, we live in the same damn city, so it's doable and also we have Manhattan as a midpoint, which I guess you guys don't. I think him visiting you more would be the biggest help.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Fuckin fed up with dating. Two dates this week no chemistry and awkward silences all round. I might as well get a cat now!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Fuckin fed up with dating. Two dates this week no chemistry and awkward silences all round. I might as well get a cat now!
    You're doing better than me. At least you're actually going on dates. And I'll tell you the same thing everyone constantly tells me:
    As soon as you stop trying or when you least expect it, that's when someone amazing is going to unexpectedly walk into your life.

Naturally, I usually tell those friends to fuck off because I'm sick of hearing that bullshit

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That is what has always happened to me. When I'm just hanging out and doing shit I want to do, that is when I generally find people who I am compatible with. Although I have to admit I've never been a person to actively seek out dates or a relationship.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Getting with friends is fucking weird, someone lured me back to their place, gradually calculated their move on me, we bunked all night and and had fun, i have been friends with this person for ages. So transition from friends to fuck buddies is confusing. It was random. I dont know why i went along with it.
    We have not spoken about what happened since we got together. I dont know what to say its weird. hope this does not ruin our friendship. Im not sure if i want to be in a relationship with this person, not sure if im attracted to them sexually. But i really like them as a person.
    We dont know what to say to each other now.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    You're doing better than me. At least you're actually going on dates. And I'll tell you the same thing everyone constantly tells me:
    As soon as you stop trying or when you least expect it, that's when someone amazing is going to unexpectedly walk into your life.

Naturally, I usually tell those friends to fuck off because I'm sick of hearing that bullshit
    If it wasn't bullshit, I would've been taken a long fucking time ago. I understand that it could be referring to why and how certain things shouldn't be forced, but even I'm like, "Come on now!"

If that shit was true, I'd have a girlfriend cuddling me right now, or wouldn't even be here at this moment because I'd be "preoccupied" at this particular hour on a Saturday night.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-03-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's bullshit. If you don't put yourself in situations where it's gonna happen, it's probably not gonna happen. People don't just happen to you. But "I'm going to happen to you." is a GREAT pickup line. 10/10.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Was anybody else turned down without being directly told that you weren't turned down? What other hints should I pick up, and is being ignored a few times already a big enough sign for me to just let it go?

I was just thinking about this again, and I think I'd rather be told that I wouldn't be dated, or that I the other person didn't have the same feelings for me, as opposed to being ignored/unfriended without any explanation.

The most direct comments I got were, "You can only have my friendship." and "I'm not looking for a relationship right now." Sure, I was let-down and it hurt a little bit, but nowhere near as much as being ignored, or being told to stop writing and responding without ANY explanation. I could actually deal with those lines. I suppose I've gotten far too used to expecting explanations for such things. The indirect approach just seems to hurt me a hell of a lot more. I don't even mind the, "I have a boyfriend." line, even if it wasn't true.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Yeah, being ignored (while not the best way of handling things) is a sign you should just let it go. You shouldn't have to chase someone. If they're interested and worthwhile, there will be an actual back and forth.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    hubs and i have been at each others throat a lot lately and had a bunch of petty fights this past week but today we went to an great exhibition and then to a small screening/networking thing..had a lot of fun and things are pretty much back to normal. yay art! its hard for either of us to be unhappy at/after a visit to a gallery.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Date in T-minus 20 hours. SO NERVOUS.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Date in T-minus 20 hours. SO NERVOUS.
    Prepare your diddly hole.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    hubs and i have been at each others throat a lot lately and had a bunch of petty fights this past week but today we went to an great exhibition and then to a small screening/networking thing..had a lot of fun and things are pretty much back to normal. yay art! its hard for either of us to be unhappy at/after a visit to a gallery.
    My girlfriend and I are at a very good place now and have overcome a lot of things. We spent last weekend walking around a really beautiful cemetery for about 4 hours and the same thing the next say on Sunday. Rather than just lounge around the house like we normally do, the physical activity was great, and we plan on going to the zoo and museums, etc, during the coming weekends.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Sure, I was let-down and it hurt a little bit, but nowhere near as much as being ignored.
    I think the more you practice with this whole dating thing, the more you don't even get to that stage of chasing/being ignored. You sense that the other person is interested, or not, and you only pursue people who are also interested in you. It makes things a lot easier. I learned this after a lifetime of doing the chasing thing and just getting really angry and it was silly I guess, but I didn't know any better.
    The problem is that self-esteem issues complicate things and sometimes it's the people who like you who aren't attractive and the people who don't who are: getting over that paradox is awesome!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I like how you just obliterate my confusion on these matters effortlessly with one post, just like you did with the whole infatuation topic. And yes, I see what you mean. It really is awesome. *Plays Everything.*

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I just had a actual, legitimate first date for the first time in like three years. And it was hands down the best first date that I've ever had... I forgot how this shit feels.

It feels like you're 14.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I just had a actual, legitimate first date for the first time in like three years. And it was hands down the best first date that I've ever had... I forgot how this shit feels.

It feels like you're 14.
    Dates and dating is (and always should be) super fun. I haven't been on a date in awhile actually. Gr.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I generally meet people off of kink/BDSM sites. So sometimes they just kinda go full retard on the first date, if you can even call it that. This one was like treating me like I was a real person! lol

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    It really sucks to be on the receiving end of my boyfriend's insecurity. I don't want him to hide it. But it just sucks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    It really sucks to be on the receiving end of my boyfriend's insecurity. I don't want him to hide it. But it just sucks.
    How've things been going lately?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Oh great. Now that I'm in clearer mindset now, and while that is supposed to be a good thing... I now feel like a douche/jackass for not getting hints of the other person not being interested, and always expecting a direct responses. (Especially when I actually took the time to think, "What if I was put in that awkward position?", considering how I'm sometimes anything but direct when I feel awkward and pressured.) Oh well, I suppose it's just one of those things that you must simply chalk up to experience, since it's one of those things where there's nothing else you can do after that.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-09-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Right, so we went out on Friday night, had literally one drink because he had a photo shoot with his band the next day, he had to go to some party so all I got was a hug and "I'll see you tomorrow night after your gig". GUESS WHO GOT STOOD UP LAST NIGHT?

Ugh, I'm just going to crawl into bed and listen to Lady Gaga ballads.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Right, so we went out on Friday night, had literally one drink because he had a photo shoot with his band the next day, he had to go to some party so all I got was a hug and "I'll see you tomorrow night after your gig". GUESS WHO GOT STOOD UP LAST NIGHT?

Ugh, I'm just going to crawl into bed and listen to Lady Gaga ballads.
    That sucks. Dislike.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    He didn't answer me on Facebook earlier, too. Guess that's that. I'm off to get my cat in for cuddles.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's really frustrating hearing my boyfriend say that eventually he's going to let me down in someway, won't be good enough in some manner for me that I'll end up moving on from him. I don't know if he thinks of that because of our age gap or is just being pessimistic. All things considered though he always knows how to express such gratitude for my existence and I never feel like I'm being taken for granted. I understand his concern though because realistically I'm in just an unpredictable point in my life, with my own plans for things I'd like to do even just next year like traveling. I told him that I don't think he'd ever let me down, I think it might just get to a point where I want to be somewhere else because New England isn't really my favorite place at all (it isn't his either)...it'll be up to him to see if he'd like to follow me at that point! Here's to living one day at a time.