Page 44 of 108 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 3234

Thread: The Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I find myself in possibly the best communicative relationship since I can remember (if ever) going on over a month now. On the subject of trust we've had a few discussions that helped the both of us work that well for us as a couple. We both come into this with insecurities and concerns (as most do). She comes from a relationship where her partner cheated on her and I come from one where it was going on behind my back and I ended up feeling really dumb for not noticing it sooner. So I recently told her that I totally understand her concerns and if at any time she needs it, to just ask for that reinforcement from me that there is no one else. Even though we know each other to the point of real trust, it's good to "touch base" on this from time to time to really get that from your partner that "all is well".

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    I find myself in possibly the best communicative relationship since I can remember (if ever) going on over a month now. On the subject of trust we've had a few discussions that helped the both of us work that well for us as a couple. We both come into this with insecurities and concerns (as most do). She comes from a relationship where her partner cheated on her and I come from one where it was going on behind my back and I ended up feeling really dumb for not noticing it sooner. So I recently told her that I totally understand her concerns and if at any time she needs it, to just ask for that reinforcement from me that there is no one else. Even though we know each other to the point of real trust, it's good to "touch base" on this from time to time to really get that from your partner that "all is well".
    This isn't the "I'm never dating again!" girl, is it?
    Last edited by allegro; 10-23-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Meeeeeh. I miss @sheepdean already. Distance is the absolute worst and I now have a grudge against the atlantic ocean.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vpintz View Post
    I now have a grudge against the atlantic ocean.
    That sounds really poetic. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    As for marriage, I've been uncertain about my stance on marriage for quite a while now. I wouldn't go as far as saying never though, but I'd obviously have to REALLY, REALLY, REALLY be in love if I'm ever going to tie the knot, and if I change my mind to remain unmarried, and it still works out, that would also be just fine by me too.
    Yeah, I hear you. I spent most of my 20s being married. In retrospect, that was kind of a dumb idea. This is strictly my opinion but I think I should have done the dating scene in my 20s and do the whole marriage thing while in my 30s. Now that I'm 32 and single, I feel like I'm doing the whole 20s dating thing a decade late. Oh well. I'm having fun. As far as marriage, I've been there, done that. If I'm gonna do it again, it has to be a VERY special guy that I'm 100% certain with.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    ^
    Pretty much the same here. Never dated much to begin was with a girl for 8 year's from my mid twenties till a couple years ago. I'm so not with it though I've had more success than I thought I would. Thing about long relationships like that I've found it puts one in a strange time vacuum. Or at least for me it did. My cynical side says I'm screwed but I think I know better.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    This isn't the "I'm never dating again!" girl, is it?
    Well, like me at the time she was getting tired of the whole online dating thing too. So it sort of is.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Well, like me at the time she was getting tired of the whole online dating thing too. So it sort of is.
    Wait, it's the girl who dumped you via text message? Or a girl you met after that? (I'm using the term "girl" in a generic form, forgive me.)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Haha @allegro . How I confuse thee with my soap operatic ways. No the "girl" after.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Haha @allegro . How I confuse thee with my soap operatic ways. No the "girl" after.
    Oh, wow, well, see that! If you wouldn't have gotten dumped by the girl via text message, you wouldn't have met THIS girl!!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Oh, wow, well, see that! If you wouldn't have gotten dumped by the girl via text message, you wouldn't have met THIS girl!!
    Exactly. Well done.

On the topic of trust, I'm finding that so much of being trustful is letting go of the fear (of being hurt).. Dare to be in it and mean it. Yes, you may get hurt, but if you don't give yourself as much as you can, if not completely, then the relationship will never reach its full potential.

Also, IMO if one tends to hold back and not trust, it can become a self fulfilling prophesy.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I do totally trust her but even the male ape mentality of territory kicks in for me when she tells me how her ex boyfriend called her and the first phrase I think of is "step off pal"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I do totally trust her but even the male ape mentality of territory kicks in for me when she tells me how her ex boyfriend called her and the first phrase I think of is "step off pal"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I don't blame you. Knowing myself, if I were in that position, even if I could trust my girlfriend, yet she still had an ex around, I still wouldn't be able to help but wonder if her ex would make actually make an attempt to convince her to leave me. I think that's actually normal, but I suppose it'll survive as long as you remain a source of comfort for each other, while proving each other's trustworthiness. And that's obviously easier said than done, but go figure that just about anybody in long-term relationships will always admit to you that it's hard work with many joys that pay off when done right.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-24-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well its funny but I don't imagine her ever getting back with him. I know she has moved on and I know she's made that message clear. This, for me, is pure knee-jerk instinctive and all macho territory. No logic or sense just...hey dude, that's not cool kind of thing.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Unexpected "xx" at the end of a message. I actually squealed in delight.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    ^
    Pretty much the same here. Never dated much to begin was with a girl for 8 year's from my mid twenties till a couple years ago.
    Me neither. Honestly, I have only two boyfriends: one turned out to be my ex husband and the other who the relationship ended up back in March. I don't feel ashamed that I've had very few relationships and I'm in my 30s. I'm just a whole lot wiser. Plus, I'm a MILF now. That's gotta count for something, right? lol

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

Well its funny but I don't imagine her ever getting back with him. I know she has moved on and I know she's made that message clear. This, for me, is pure knee-jerk instinctive and all macho territory. No logic or sense just...hey dude, that's not cool kind of thing.
    That totally makes me a half dude, as I've been told I am. At dinner tonight, his phone rang and I saw it was his ex, thankfully he didn't take the call. I know it's nothing, he's probably looking for a favor from her to help out with his kid, so he can be with me, so I have absolutely no fucking reason to be jealous, but yes- knee JERK.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: The Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Me neither. Honestly, I have only two boyfriends: one turned out to be my ex husband and the other who the relationship ended up back in March. I don't feel ashamed that I've had very few relationships and I'm in my 30s. I'm just a whole lot wiser. Plus, I'm a MILF now. That's gotta count for something, right? lol
    Always.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I recently relocated to NYC and moved into a poly household. THIS SHOULD BE FUN...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Had a cool date with the lady that said "no" over half a year ago. Haven't seen her since. And well, it went great as I expected it to be a total letdown, but right now I'm telling myself this won't work out because it didn't at first. Garr, have faith dude and don't be afraid of your feelings! We made vague plans for next weekend. Let's see...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I suppose that I could sort of get that, considering how I can get very weak and cowardly at forgiving and trusting, but perhaps for slightly different reasons. It still made me very defensive and insecure in other ways, so I can probably kind of get it.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-25-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    So, yeah, I've a date with him the night before the Depeche Mode show and I might go out for drinks with him after if everything goes well. This is a nice feeling.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got a date Wednesday with a lady I met online. Going for a couple drinks should be interesting. I'm glad cause I could use a night out with all the work I've been doing.

Oh! We're on page 69. Hopefully this is a good omen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We're on page 46 apparently for me, but okay.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Hmm odd, maybe the tapatalk app is specifically speaking to me???

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    just noticed hubs and i have a 98% match on OKC clearly they've got that shit figured out.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: The Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ryanp16 View Post
    We're on page 46 apparently for me, but okay.
    Yea your right. I checked on the browser and it's 46. I'm not going to lose faith though.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Yea your right. I checked on the browser and it's 46. I'm not going to lose faith though.
    Tapa talk says 69 for me too. It's a good omen.

Going on vacation starting Sunday. Romance and sex for 6 days straight. Ahhhhh.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    just noticed hubs and i have a 98% match on OKC clearly they've got that shit figured out.
    Yep! Boyfriend and I are 99%, or were, before he deactivated his. He really doesn't like okc.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    yeah hubs insn't really into the dating websites thing either but it seems nigh on impossible to meet the sort of person he's/we're looking for 'naturally'.