Page 40 of 108 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 3234

Thread: The Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    She's dumping two other guys to continue going forward with me...wow, already? It was just flowers, cripes.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Thank goodness I asked and considered it. I also wondered because most men I've known sometimes tell me how it's always up to the man to make the first move and do this and do that, but I just couldn't shake the idea that it was also a very stereotypical way to look at it.
    yeah, i mean...that's all part of the misogynistic and overtly sexist nature of modern society. it's the same stuff in which rape culture and so many other horrible things are rooted.

in my opinion, it's up to the man (in a straight, cis relationship) to respect his partner and work things out with her. that's it. the most important aspect of a relationship is partnership (one of the three pillars that i discussed earlier). love & sex without partnership aren't going to work out in the long term.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    She's dumping two other guys to continue going forward with me...wow, already? It was just flowers, cripes.
    Lulz. Don't you feel special.

+I'm going to get popcorn

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Holy fucking fuck.

A relationship.

I might be on the verge of having one.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I reconsidered some of the questions I wanted to ask, and thought of keeping this as direct and succinct as possible, considering how verbose posts can get easily glossed over.

1. Am I only fooling myself if I try to be friends with a woman, while still wanting more? Does it ever work, or does that mean it's time for me to go?

2. I should never expect a woman to simply and directly tell me that she's not interested, right? (I got too used to expecting that.)

3. If I'm never, or barely receiving any more responses via Internet/phone anymore, is that also a huge hint that she's not interested?

4. And in regards to my first question, it's neither desirable or advisable for me to be friends with a woman when I still yearn for much more than friendship, right? (This happened to me about 3 times in my life, and this question is also assuming that she never came on to me, nor had any intention to come on to me.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-27-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    1. Perhaps, unless you can accept it.

2. Depends I would think on whether or not you made these feelings clear.

3. Possibly, but if she's unaware, it may just be general day to day. However it could point to number 2.

4. See 1. Though for your sake it may be wise to shelf it.

Most importantly imo is, that chances are there will be someone else to peek your interest in the future.

I'm very tired and mostly speaking from what I think I have found out for myself.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Lulz. Don't you feel special.

+I'm going to get popcorn
    LOL
    "Like sands through the hourglass.."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

LOL
    "Like sands through the hourglass.."
    Hee Hee

I was thinking more Bold and The Beautiful but, ok, a story is a story.

I keed I keed. Only want the best for you, Green Mountain Boy.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    4. See 1. Though for your sake it may be wise to shelf it.
    I've figured that I might as well shelf it. And as you could've noticed, I'm terrible at receiving and interpreting hints, as it has lead me to believe that the straight-shooter approach is far less painful and confusing. One of them even told me to stop writing her, and to not even respond. She eventually unfriended me on Facebook, which was most likely a big fuck off to me without actually saying fuck off. Anyway, thanks for the reminders, as I sometimes forget to keep my head straight on matters like these.

And yes, it would certainly be completely foolish of me to do the opposite of shelving it, or to just let go of her altogether, if that's what you also mean.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-29-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I guess what I meant was that if you're still gonna be crushing on the girl or whatever and she's not into it, and you would like to stay friends giving it time may be wise.

As for hints, I'm past the cromagnon stage at this point in my life, (ladies no longer need to crown me to break my tunnel vision n) but I'm not the best either at picking up on things. So I can kinda wrelate I think.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    someone asked me tonight why I never/currently don't have a girlfriend..
    to which I replied:

"I have this laundry list of things wrong with me that makes me think "Eh, it's not worth the shitty feelings when they find out truly what a pile of shit I am"

I think that may be the most honest answer I've ever given to that question.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Ok. So here is my rant: I'm a 32 divorced single mom. I live in Palm Springs, which means if you are not a gay male or anyone over 45, your shit out of luck on meeting anyone. I'm not hideously ugly and the single guys that are available are not my type or vice versa. FML....

.....end of rant.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    got a date this week for the first time in a while..pretty excited

EDIT: its been cancelled now. ah well.
    Last edited by rhet; 10-02-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: The Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Ok. So here is my rant: I'm a 32 divorced single mom. I live in Palm Springs, which means if you are not a gay male or anyone over 45, your shit out of luck on meeting anyone. I'm not hideously ugly and the single guys that are available are not my type or vice versa. FML....

.....end of rant.
    I can sort of relate, I work mainly with college kids young ones at that, I'm 35. Most my friends my age live elsewhere and have been paired off for some time anyway. Oh well it can't stay bleak for long right? If a bridge troll such a myself can have success intermittently I'm sure you'll as well as most others will be fine as well.

@rhet Grats on the date!
    Last edited by Pillfred; 10-01-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Woah weird shit mad interest from guys on the internet dating and singles front - not used to this level of interest.

I am very cynical.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In two months I'll have been single for three years. Time flies, eh? Wouldn't even mind too much but in that time I've had no physical contact with a woman that I enjoyed (quite the opposite) and I'm starting to really miss the awesome simple things of a relationship.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    I can sort of relate, I work mainly with college kids young ones at that, I'm 35. Most my friends my age live elsewhere and have been paired off for some time anyway. Oh well it can't stay bleak for long right? If a bridge troll such a myself can have success intermittently I'm sure you'll as well as most others will be fine as well.

@rhet Grats on the date!
    Oh, yeah. I work in an elementary school and there are no hot dads there! If I don't go outside of the Coachella Valley (where I live), then its virtually impossible to meet someone that I'm into. Living in SoCal, I find it hard for me to find someone- I'm like one in a gazillion single Hispanic girls. lol

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I am really missing this guy from 2010 that I was hugely into. Like, he's kind of my "one that got away", but lately it's just been weird dreams about him and stuff. We've had a... complicated relationship over the last few years.

This may also be a side effect of being stupidly ill from a chest infection, plus a long dry spell and the fact that he was the greatest lay I ever had.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I am really missing this guy from 2010 that I was hugely into. Like, he's kind of my "one that got away", but lately it's just been weird dreams about him and stuff. We've had a... complicated relationship over the last few years.

This may also be a side effect of being stupidly ill from a chest infection, plus a long dry spell and the fact that he was the greatest lay I ever had.
    feel better!

i still have extremely vivid dreams about my abusive ex, wherein we're just back in our regular relationship. often times, my dreams are so realistic that i wake up thinking they're real. it's really unsettling to think i'm still in a relationship with her, even for a few minutes.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Getting over the fact that she has a lot of close guy friends (she's in the military). It is the 2000's and yes men and women mix in the workplace and teams. It's bound to happen and it typically is a very good thing. I do trust her and won't bug her about it but I do need to get over my old-school thinking.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, really dude. For most of my life, my best friends have been guys; I just seemed to get along a lot better with males than with females. This only recently changed in my old age. I've never been in the military, though.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Okay, so I was crying over the fact that I really am alone.... I spent my whole 20s being in a relationship. I just hate not having someone give a damn about me and the companionship. I really miss that. Someone date me!!! (Maybe.....lol)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Okay, so I was crying over the fact that I really am alone.... I spent my whole 20s being in a relationship. I just hate not having someone give a damn about me and the companionship. I really miss that. Someone date me!!! (Maybe.....lol)
    I relate. Though I think at this stage I've gotten to the point where I really don't care. I may be pretty lonely but at the same time I think I've just gotten used to it. Then again I'm only 21, so can't really say much.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Getting over the fact that she has a lot of close guy friends (she's in the military). It is the 2000's and yes men and women mix in the workplace and teams. It's bound to happen and it typically is a very good thing. I do trust her and won't bug her about it but I do need to get over my old-school thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah, really dude. For most of my life, my best friends have been guys; I just seemed to get along a lot better with males than with females. This only recently changed in my old age. I've never been in the military, though.
    I've been THAT girl. And for the girl, err woman, it's easy being friends with men. But, I am now coming to understand that for guys it's more complex, discomfort with women being friends with guys and actually being friends with women. Guys would say to me in respect to this topic: 'it's always about sex, if we're friends with you we'd have sex with you'. So, I sort of get your insecurity on it, but for woman I don't think we think to the end of that - we are happy flirting and interacting with men and not even thinking that we'd sleep with you. Any how, I'm way more aware of it now. Especially when I recall my x telling me it took him years to feel secure in our relationship, probably because I was friends with so many men among a gagillion other things

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Slight moment of levity, but this is seriously what I should put into my online dating profiles because they're seriously my favourite things:

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Holy fucking fuck.

A relationship.

I might be on the verge of having one.
    Nope, nevermind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Nope, nevermind.
    What happened?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    someone asked me tonight why I never/currently don't have a girlfriend..
    to which I replied:

"I have this laundry list of things wrong with me that makes me think "Eh, it's not worth the shitty feelings when they find out truly what a pile of shit I am"

I think that may be the most honest answer I've ever given to that question.
    Unless you get an equally shitty girlfriend. Problem solved!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanp16 View Post
    What happened?
    Most likely: I once again failed to find that spot between playing it so cool that you don't seem interested, and being too nice to the point of making things feel rushed (I inevitably lean towards the latter).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I've been THAT girl. And for the girl, err woman, it's easy being friends with men. But, I am now coming to understand that for guys it's more complex, discomfort with women being friends with guys and actually being friends with women. Guys would say to me in respect to this topic: 'it's always about sex, if we're friends with you we'd have sex with you'. So, I sort of get your insecurity on it, but for woman I don't think we think to the end of that - we are happy flirting and interacting with men and not even thinking that we'd sleep with you. Any how, I'm way more aware of it now. Especially when I recall my x telling me it took him years to feel secure in our relationship, probably because I was friends with so many men among a gagillion other things