Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108
Results 3,211 to 3,213 of 3213

Thread: The Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    You gotta do what feels best for you.

Boundaries are important. If that's a year long break, that's OK. If that's a forever break, that's OK. If that's something else, that's OK.

Just set your boundaries where you need them to be for your own mental health and don't let go of them.
    This has been a big hitter this week for me. Following the breakup in June when I posted about it, I'd been feeling more upbeat and positive about stuff, but then saw my ex and her sisters moving to a city an hour or so away, so starting afresh in a way.

And that has taken my mind right back to things in a horrible, raw way again this week (which is my week off work that I've wasted so far moping around). As a result I've removed her from all social media so I don't need to see any of this stuff anymore for my own sanity. Fuck this situation.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I live directly underneath a really lovely young couple. Great fun to chat to if I pass them on the stairs. Less lovely when they fight. I don't know what he's done to invoke her temper today, but she's going to scream the building down. This evening, the word "liar" nearly shattered my windows.

I don't hear a peep from him, to his credit, and I have zero right to speculate on the nature of their fighting, but based on what I'm hearing I can't help but think he may have a problem here.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm changing my phone number this week.

As usual, about a week or two after my ex told me to stop talking to her, we started talking again.

This week she's been on and off switching between saying hurtful things, and being nice and supportive. Yesterday she brought me a birthday present and left it on my porch after telling me why it's my fault she needs to be cold sometimes. When I told her I couldn't accept the gifts because I need consistency and that I was having a hard time trusting the kindness because of the hurtful things that come so frequently, she told that I was attacking her and to just leave and never talk to her again.

I've got a new phone from a different provider on order. As soon as it arrives I'll switch everything over and then cancel the old line, because I'm sure that otherwise, we'd be talking again in a week or two.

I just need to be ready for when she inevitably starts leaving letters at my door, or knocking because she wants to "talk". I'll probably have some time to build up my confidence, because she probably won't realize I've changed my number for a few weeks.