Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014.07.24 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

2014.07.24 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

Presale Monday @ 12 pm local time

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hoping to make it to this show. Not sure about this venue - haven't heard good things.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    As I mentioned in another thread, it's a real bummer they picked this day to do this show as I will be in Chicago the previous weekend and will be headed back the Tuesday on the week of the show. I'm not sure if I can find the schedule and time with work to then find a way back to Chicago that Thursday as quickly.

I haven't heard great things about the venue either but with Nine Inch Nails having Death Grips open for them, I'm willing to figure something out. Here's hoping that I can!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, it's a real bummer they picked this day to do this show as I will be in Chicago the previous weekend and will be headed back the Tuesday on the week of the show. I'm not sure if I can find the schedule and time with work to then find a way back to Chicago that Thursday as quickly.

I haven't heard great things about the venue either but with Nine Inch Nails having Death Grips open for them, I'm willing to figure something out. Here's hoping that I can!
    No Death Grips at this show (or Toronto), according to the Soundgarden Web page. Is it correct? Dunno.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    sound at this venue is terrible. so is parking, and leaving, and ust about everything else. However, I live in Chicago, so I will be attending by default

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    sound at this venue is terrible. so is parking, and leaving, and ust about everything else. However, I live in Chicago, so I will be attending by default
    I stopped seeing anything at this venue because of the horrible sound and that "everything else." Jesus Christ on drums and a resurrected John Lennon on guitar playing The Perfect Drug wouldn't get me back to this venue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I live 5 minutes from the venue, but I'm really stressing about this one. Hate this place so fricking much. The staff is incapable of doing their jobs correctly and just don't give a single fuck about anything and the sound does suck. The only time it didn't was when Roger Waters played there in 2006 because he brought his own extra speakers and put them at the top of the lawn. Anyway, hoping to get pit, which I've never done for this venue. Really hoping I won't get screwed out of presale.

Edit: Also, now I'm worried there won't be a pit and just seating. That'll be a bummer because I'm also going to Clarkston, so I was really hoping to have one pit ticket for this tour, but everything seems kinda unclear. Oh well, we'll see soon enough. :/
    Last edited by lady weetly; 03-17-2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: overthinking everything as always

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

2014.07.24 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

We did pit when NIN was there with Bauhaus, whenever the hell that was. That was officially my last straw for this suck ass venue. I did 4 Lollapaloozas here, suffered through all kinds of other bands including nearly being killed by a tornado for HORDE. No more. The Tweeter World Whatever can fuck right off.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    LOL. love how quick this became a hate the venue thread. But ALAS, I, likely will be in attendance, so who's down for a little meetup on site when this all gets organized?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I'm a floor man, so do I click the "GA" cheap tickets? Or will that just put me in really shitty seating? I can't imagine a NIN show with no standing pit. This is the same place that had Peaches and Peter Murphy, yes?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I'm a floor man, so do I click the "GA" cheap tickets? Or will that just put me in really shitty seating? I can't imagine a NIN show with no standing pit. This is the same place that had Peaches and Peter Murphy, yes?
    Pretty sure the "GA cheap tickets" are the lawn ones, way in back.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Well fudge, where at the front pit tickets??

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So, looks like no pit. Ticketmaster showed a PIT section but I think that's a glitch, it was priced the same as lawn and I didn't get any tickets to come up. And if there was a pit, it would have been on NIN presale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There appears to be no pit for this show? The official Platinum seats has a listing for Sec 103, row D which would would either make the pit three rows deep (a through c) or non-existent.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I checked out the MI show and there don't appear to be pit tickets there either. This is disappointing.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

^^^ Directly from TM/live Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I got Captcha lucky and got section 103, row B, seats 31 - 34. But I've already had one friend bail. If I can't find anyone to replace him, I'll put up a note here.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    No Death Grips at this show (or Toronto), according to the Soundgarden Web page. Is it correct? Dunno.
    Looks like you're right, I checked Death Grips Facebook page and they didn't show a listing either. Maybe it's due to the fact they're playing Pitchfork Festival a week prior to the NIN show.

Oh well.

Looks like I might check out the Atlanta show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guess who actually lives in Tinley and got royally fucked by captchas and didn't get a NIN presale ticket? This girl. Beyond livid on how that went down. Ended up getting a Soundgarden presale ticket for $117 (ew) and I'll be sec 104, row N, seat 19. Also this will be the first time I won't have a NIN presale ticket. Figures though, right?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    FWIW, the Jane's and NIN presale tickets on the NINJA tour were basically the same.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    got mine. Will be in section 102 row f, seat 20 see you folks there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I managed to get tickets though the NIN.com presale. I first chose P1($99) and it gave me section 101, which was way left of the stage. So I re-chose, but this time I chose P2($79) and got seats in section 102. Which is in front of the stage. So I ended up getting better seats for cheaper. This presale makes no sense...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    True, but getting tix for NIN|JA dates wasn't frustrating at all for me. Plus, with Jane's playing lolla that year, the show at Charter One was way cheaper with just SSSC & NIN.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This is confusing.. The ticket I have the clock counting down on say GA5? But gives no other information as to where the seat I'm buying is..

Any advice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's on the lawn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lady weetly View Post
    That's on the lawn.
    Word of advise to anyone wondering, lawn seats here are fucking horrible.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L4YER_CAK3 View Post
    Word of advise to anyone wondering, lawn seats here are fucking horrible.

Lawn seats are horrible at any amphitheater- hence the cheapo price. Not bad to grab those things for some band that you're not really into and just hang around BS'ing with friends, with music blaring in the back ground. I guess they serve that purpose or if someone is really on a budget.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ok, good thing I didn't buy them.
    I think I'm going to sit this one out then, unless I can score some better seats at the public on sale..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Ok, good thing I didn't buy them.
    I think I'm going to sit this one out then, unless I can score some better seats at the public on sale..
    If you could score anything in the 204 or 205 section, that's miles better then the lawn. Any of the other 200's sections you run the risk of a pillar blocking your view, and there's a lot of pillars...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Cool, thank you! My friend just said he got tickets to what he thought was the pit.. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he more than likely has lawn seats..