Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2014.03.14 - Melbourne, Australia @ Rod Laver Arena

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2014.03.14 - Melbourne, Australia @ Rod Laver Arena

epic show tonight. love the new format. my body is aching. so excited for tomorrow

setlist:

pinion / the eater of dreams (tape)
    copy of a
    survivalism
    terrible lie
    march of the pigs
    piggy
    the frail
    the wretched
    the warning
    came back haunted
    all time low
    the big come down
    gave up
    ice age (with mariqueen)
    bbb (with mariqueen)
    wish
    the hand that feeds
    head like a hole
    hurt

http://instagram.com/p/lhavnqvMtt/
    Last edited by draven; 03-14-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Missed out on the intro tape: Pinion / Eater of Dreams

The latter's first "proper" appearance since the secret Tension Rehearsal show that was unconfirmed. This leaves Everything as the only HM track to not be played in public.

Had a great night tonight! Picked up 275/350 of the Rhys Cooper print for tonight's specific gig at the merch stand for $30 (planning to frame that one). In front of Robin on the rail with the gf all night. Trent didn't go into the crowd for Piggy after seemingly teasing us, however he made it up by crashing into the drumkit knocking cymbals and stands over. Also made certain comments after The Frail/Wretched and how performing that takes his mindset back to a dark point in his life where he was trying to kill himself, ala. La Mer's "speech". Rob (and his Aussie videographer friend) were filming MOTP (onstage), CBH (near security guys) and TBCD (onstage) throughout the show. TR's bodyguard sure loves to sing every song lol. Met @ophelia_ in line; nice to meet ya!
    Last edited by jezstyle; 03-14-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Awesome show!
    I started recording 20 minutes early just so I wouldn't get caught out. Will post quality sample mid next week in the DVD thread.
    @jezstyle did you tape audio or video, and are you attending tomorrow?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    @goldy -- unfortunately not. I was considering bringing a gopro but TR's bodyguard wouldn't have it.

PM'd ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was an amazing show... Although to the fucktards up near HH 350 who talked through 90% of both QOTSA and NIN why the fuck were you there? What a waste of cash for you, you could have just gone to a bar and had a chat.

Missus was filming snippets on her phone and I'm surprised how clear the audio was.

Biggest highlight was probably The Wretched.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    Met @ophelia_ in line; nice to meet ya!
    Really lovely to meet you and your gf as well! I can't remember if you said you'll be there tomorrow or not? Been speaking to so many people today about these gigs!

Also briefly met @umby1979 who was awesome and sold me a ticket for the show tomorrow!

What an amazing gig! Was nice to hear Trent speak up a bit and get a little emotional.

Ended up up heading to Ding Dong for the sweethead gig, just got back to the hotel. Definitely bedtime for me!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Loved both shows. QOTSA were outstanding. Was a bit underwhelmed by the stock standard wish, the hand that feeds, head like a hole, hurt end to the show as far as set list is concerned - but - HLAH was one of the better times I have seen it live. The Warning was also pretty blah. Never understood why he plays that one live. Was nice to be treated to two HTDA songs.

I was behind the lighting and sound desk and had a perfect view and the sound was amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Currently uploading the video's the missus took last night. I'm very sorry about the video with it being filmed upright rather than horizontally.

By the current rate of the upload speed it should be done in around 6 hours...fucking Australia.

You can see them here when they are done -> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...FUmk5zMguA98fj

EDIT: Updated the post to the playlist containing all the videos (Those seriously took fucking 9 hours all up to upload, what the shit).
    Last edited by Skeptikk; 03-15-2014 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Updated the post to the playlist containing all the videos

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Great show last night; even if it was an identical set list to Sydney night 2.
    Got a decent video of The Big Come Down (with Robception included!) that I'm currently uploading.

That's it for me this tour unfortunately; although 4 shows in 3 cities isn't a bad effort I think!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Vid as promised; came out quite nicely for an iPhone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nice sounding recording on dimeadozen: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=485596

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Also briefly met @umby1979 who was awesome and sold me a ticket for the show tomorrow!
    Likewise. Apologies for not making it out last night but my body would've killed me. Hope you enjoyed last night and post-gig festivities. Next NIN tour I'll look to be out and about.

Think this night was my favourite out of the 4 I went to and it may have had something to do with playing last. Felt like a proper nine inch nails show. I obviously didn't go to any NINJA gigs, but I hope they don't do anymore joint headliners (eg. Soundgarden). It sort of feels like going to a wedding where your not sure whether people are there for the bride or groom and you spend half the night eyeing each off.

All Time Low...wow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, I missed out on the Event Poster for this night but bought a spare the following night in the hope that someone might want to trade. Any takers?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    Whoever the asshole was that yelled out "Aussie Aussie Aussie" when Trent was explaining to the crowd that he wrote The Wretched when he was trying to kill himself can go eat a tram.
    If that dude was closer to me, I would have hurt him. What an absolute tool.

Thats the thing about these co-headlining tours, you get people who have to "endure" another band before they get to see who they came for. I really like qotsa so it wasn't a problem for me, but the amount of people I heard booing NIN and telling them to get off the stage was ridiculous. (Although to be fair, I did hear people doing it to qotsa as well).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by umby1979 View Post
    Oh, I missed out on the Event Poster for this night but bought a spare the following night in the hope that someone might want to trade. Any takers?
    You should be able to get an event poster directly from the artist - check out http://www.beyondthepale.com.au/ - I missed out on the poster from the second Sydney show, managed to get it through that site